Teamsami

I NEED to know is this normal among embassies- EGYPT

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks a lot OmSama for sharing your story. I am very sorry for your whole having to go through all of this and being helpless without even knowing whom to contact and ask for help. I seriously have no idea what to do. I hope we all get done with this hassle.

Timeline

Still the same for us. How is your case going? Anyone have good news? I hope and pray that you all are brought happiness through being reunited with your spouses soon, In'sha'Allah.

Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that. Can you get a liaison from your congressman office to make an official inquiry into why there is a delay and with no update to the ceac website?

Timeline

Please keep me updated. If you don't mind I will make prayers for you. I have to travel this week out of state so I hope I can make as many prayers as possible. :) In'sha'Allah

Timeline

I got my wife the contacts of her Congressman and representative to call them but it was upsetting, she said that she's shy to contact them which made me speechless to even blame her. She doesn't do anything about it neither contactd NVC nor Congressman or department of state. I tried emails and phone calls and even some connections inside the embassy but nothing. Unfortunately I'm a lawyer myself and I'm telling you no Egyptian lawyer can do anything about it even an American lawyer won't be able to do anything at that stage :/ thank you so much for your thoughts and I'm praying for all of us to get done.

Timeline

I hope and pray that I am not over stepping any lines. But I would be more than happy to talk to your wife and assist in helping her contact her representatives. Sometimes it is as easy as an email. Or driving down to their offices and filling a release giving them permission to inquire with the embassy as to the nature of the delay. Sadly I know you are correct in saying that their is nothing and Egyptian or even an American lawyer can do at this point. They simply do not consider any issue from their side excessive until it has reached 12 months. I know looking at everything alone can seem very overwhelming. Sometimes we just need to see and know we aren't alone.

My husband is not shy but is a procrastinator. He has had the paper work for our daughters passport papers for 6 months and doesn't finish them. I would gladly travel back to Cairo and visit but can't until I have his permission to travel with our Sama. Haha. I love that he is optomistic that the visa will come soon, Ma'sh'allah.

You can tell your wife my name is Kathleen and I live in Indiana. I have contacts for immigration lawyers, immigration consultants. I wish I could tell her to not be shy. The people are very kind. My representatives have been helpful, informative and uplifting. They have requested expedition of our case and email or call the embassy frequently to check into the case. It is very helpful!

I hope everyone's journey is completed soon. There is nothing better than having your family next to you :)

Timeline

Thank you so much Kathleen for offering your support, sure you're not crossing the line or anything like that. The whole issue is as I told you that she's shy or whatever things like that, so I will tell her again that it truly matters if we contacted her Congressman or Representative. We've spent already 18 months through this whole horrible visa process :/ although I have 4 different visa before to the US :S but anyway.

What a coincidence, you're from Indiana and I attended school at IU - Robert H. Mckinney school of law lol.

I will try my luck with her now, I hope she listens this time.

Timeline

I hope she will listen. That is incredible, I love when the world feels so much smaller. I attended Purdue University for my undergraduate degree in early childhood psychology and education! I use to frequently visit my cousin who was studying pre-law there. If I can help in anyway please let me know. :) Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Six and a half months AP and still nothing for us.

You've got to be kidding me. Do you know...does it make any difference at all if you are an IR-1 visa as opposed to CR-1?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.