Teamsami

I NEED to know is this normal among embassies- EGYPT

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am aware of several people at our embassy who have had their CEAC status stuck in ready for months now. People with approval letters in hand and ready status for 2 months today! Is this normal???? I feel completely stuck and I need answers.

We all interviewed in June and still nothing. We rarely get email responses from the embassy and when we do they are the most vague, copy&pasted answers ever!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the embassy could be waiting for? From a separate agency maybe? Is this normal? Shouldn't ready mean just that??

-Frustrated

Timeline

Hoping someone can shed some light for you as my husband's interview will be at the Cairo Embassy as well. We just started NVC processing and I thought that was bad enough but then to hear about your troubles makes this already daunting process seem worse. I thought after NVC it was relatively smooth sailing; I remember when you got approved as I try to keep track of fellow Egyptian timelines, interviews, etc...I'm sorry to see you are still waiting for the visa. Inshallah, you will receive it soon. Please keep us posted if anything changes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Middle East/North Africa regional forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

After my husband's interview we had a document to send.Sent it within 2 to 3 weeks My husband was on AP almost 9 months.It depends it could be right away or take months to get it.They will call you.

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

Hoping someone can shed some light for you as my husband's interview will be at the Cairo Embassy as well. We just started NVC processing and I thought that was bad enough but then to hear about your troubles makes this already daunting process seem worse. I thought after NVC it was relatively smooth sailing; I remember when you got approved as I try to keep track of fellow Egyptian timelines, interviews, etc...I'm sorry to see you are still waiting for the visa. Inshallah, you will receive it soon. Please keep us posted if anything changes.

Thank you! I need some light shed at this point this process can be exhausting as u might imagine, I too thought it would all end after the interview.

I don't want you to worry though! I'm sure that by the time ur case reaches the embassy this issue will be resolved. I actually think this issue only affected those that interviewed after the computer glitch in June because some interviewees from July had their visas issued within a week!

Thank you for the encouragement :) Good luck on ur visa journeeeyyy

Timeline

After my husband's interview we had a document to send.Sent it within 2 to 3 weeks My husband was on AP almost 9 months.It depends it could be right away or take months to get it.They will call you.

Thanks for ur response. I know that for those of us who have had something requested from us can expect a long processing time but my surprise is with those who have nothing holding them back or delaying them STILL waiting for so long! I don't think that they are within "normal processing time" waiting over 2 months after an interview with everything "ready".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

most Egyptian males have additional background checks done after the interview day. This is another facet of 'administrative processing'.

Yes, there's a queue on this, hence the wait, as yer waiting yer place in the queue.

Also, there are lots of topics about this in the MENA forum. Take a look, when able, read through the hundreds of topics from the last 2 years.

Sorry..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

most Egyptian males have additional background checks done after the interview day. This is another facet of 'administrative processing'.

Yes, there's a queue on this, hence the wait, as yer waiting yer place in the queue.

Also, there are lots of topics about this in the MENA forum. Take a look, when able, read through the hundreds of topics from the last 2 years.

Sorry..

Thank you Darnell for ur response.

The whole being in queue thing does make sense but I really would hope that there is some sort of order to that said queue. Like I've mentioned some interviewed in July and had issued within a week. My husband's full name isn't even that common....

p.s I just found the MENA forum after I posted my thread. Exactly what I was looking for thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

I am aware of several people at our embassy who have had their CEAC status stuck in ready for months now. People with approval letters in hand and ready status for 2 months today! Is this normal???? I feel completely stuck and I need answers.

We all interviewed in June and still nothing. We rarely get email responses from the embassy and when we do they are the most vague, copy&pasted answers ever!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the embassy could be waiting for? From a separate agency maybe? Is this normal? Shouldn't ready mean just that??

-Frustrated

Hi teamsami

What ever happened with these people because I am now in the same predicament

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My husband and I are still waiting 162 days (almost 5 and 1/2 months) in Administrative Processing. I am doing chemotherapy and raising our daughter. I know they are aware that we are a normal loving family and we are responsible people everything was done right but it still didn't matter :/. Trying hard to remain hopeful that our case will finish in the next few weeks In'sha'Allah. I still think that it is rubbish that the system and process aren't more transparent and that there aren't more tangible timelines. I know everyone would agree that the open-ended timeline is the worst part of this process. Families will wait, even if it's long, if they know the wait will be over at x time because when they reach x there's an answer; and because they are trying for the best for their families...

Timeline

Thank you for sharing your story OmSama.

But as you said X remains unidentified as usual. In you case, I would highly recommend that you send an email denoting that your going through chemotherapy and that's enough for you to worry about. I guess this could fast track your case seriously specially that you're beyond 5 months so far.

Timeline

What is the deal in Egypt? I've heard that administrative processing is mandatory for every case now and it seems most people are waiting 5 months at least. If an interview results in "approved" for visa...what exactly takes an additional 5 months to process? Approval means approval; there should be nothing else at that point to investigate or process. It absolutely does not make any sense.

Timeline

The problem is that all of us who got approved, we've received a formal letter declaring such approval and that it shouldn't take more than two weeks to get the visa. In addition, whenever I try emailing the embassy to Complain about my case which was approved 66 days ago, I never get any response from their side except "a visa shall be issued soon"

Timeline

Thank you Bombo! I have emailed them most recently on September 11th so that they could respond to me this week; along with my state representative sending them an email and request for expedition. They never emailed me but they did email my representative saying the same ridiculously vague thing they always do ?. They had updated our case on the 15th and the 16th of this week but we remain in AP.

last year my husband sent me back to my father when I became very ill. We found out the night before I left that I was also pregnant. He has missed every step. My pregnancy, the birth of our daughter Sama, having an opportunity to help me as I undergo treatments for my transplanted kidney... Alhamdulilah for everything. We both feel so defeated by this point. He feels like he is the most unlucky person especially for never meeting his one year old daughter. I don't know what else to do. Who else can I get involved? Who can I call? Where can I go? If we don't get the visa in the next month I feel like I will have to return to Cairo just so I can keep my family strong, focused and so we can try to wait together. My husband has as much right to Sama as I do and I just can't handle the emotional turmoil anymore... I don't know what to do to help my husband stay strong, or what to do to keep our marriage safe from decay as he feels like it would be horrible for me to go back to our home in Cairo but the open-ended waiting is no longer acceptable when he has missed every step with Sama for over a year.

I hope and pray you receive your visa soon In'sha'Allah and that the rest of your journey is meet with ease.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.