jaypham0324

Is this a good package for Adjustment of Status?

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, so I filed all the forms and came up with this package to mail it to Chicago Lockbox, but I need your expertise on this package, to see if it's a solid one. Also, I do have some questions that need answer by the end of this post. Thank you so much for your time. This package contains:

1, Cover letter
2, I-130's for my wife and my stepdaughter
• One $420 check for my stepdaughter, and one $420 for my wife
• Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative: One for my wife, and one for my stepdaughter
- G-325a's for me and my wife
• Copy of my Proof of Citizenship
• Copy of my driver license
• Copy of my wife and daughter's translated birth certificates
• Copy of my wife and daughter's passports (First page, biography, issued by their origin country)
• Copy of my wife and my daughter's visas (The latest visa page issued by the US Consulate)
- Copy of my wife and my daughter's I-94
- Copies of my wife's translated previous divorces
• Copy of Our Marriage Certificate
• Two Passport Style Photographs of me (Placed in a plastic bag, attached to a paper)
• Two passport Style Photographs of my wife and daughters (Placed in a plastic bag, labeled with full name and I-94 number, attached to a paper)
• Evidence Of Bona fide Marriage
-Our phone bill/statement I'm the primary account holder, and my wife is authorized user)
-Copy of Costco membership ID's showing we use the same Costco account/membership
-Copy of bank statement showing joint account
-Pictures of us taken in Baltimore and Washington DC (We live in Maryland btw). Also pictures of us with my family
-My wife's car registration registered in both of our names
-My wife's car insurance under my name, and my wife listed as a driver
3, I-485's for my wife and my stepdaughter
-One $985 check for my daughter, and one $1070 check for my wife
-I-485 forms for my wife and my daughter
-Copy of my wife and daughter's passport pages with non-immigrant B1/B2 visa, with entry stamps
-Copy of my wife and daughter passport's biographical pages
-Copy of my wife and my daughter's I-94s
-Copy of Our Marriage Certificate
-Copy of my wife and daughter's Birth Certificates translated in English
-Two passport Style Photographs of my wife and two for my daughter (Placed in a plastic bag, labeled with full name and I-94 number, attached to a paper)
4, I-765 for my wife
-I-765 form
-Copy of my wife's I-94
-Two copies of my wife's passport-styled photo (with full name and I-94 number in the back)
- A check of $380 or no?
5, I-693's for my wife and stepdaughter
-Sealed envelopes from our doctors for my wife and my daughter
6, I-864 for my wife
-Copy of my 2014 Federal Tax Return
-Copy of my 1099 for 2014
-Letter of Employer
-I-864 for my dad (he's a joint-sponsor)
-Copies of my dad's Joint 2012, 2013, 2014 Federal Tax Return
-Copy of my dad's W-2s for 2012, 2013, 2014
-I-864a's for my mom (my mom and my dad filed their tax jointly), and for me (my mom and dad claimed me in their 2014 tax return)
-Copies of my mom's Joint 2012. 2013, 2014 Federal tax return
-Copies of my mom's 1099s for 2012, 2013, 2014
7, I-864 for my daughter
-Copy of my 2014 Federal Tax Return
-Copy of my 1099 for 2014
-Letter of Employer
-I-864 for my dad (he's a joint-sponsor)
-Copies of my dad's Joint 2012, 2013, 2014 Federal Tax Return
-Copy of my dad's W-2s for 2012, 2013, 2014
-I-864a's for my mom (my mom and my dad filed their tax jointly), and for me (my mom and dad claimed me in their 2014 tax return)
-Copies of my mom's Joint 2012. 2013, 2014 Federal tax return
-Copies of my mom's 1099s for 2012, 2013, 2014
PLEASE LOOK THROUGH THOSE FORMS AND GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON THEM. I DO HAVE SOME CONCERNS THAT I NEED A CLEAR ANSWERS, SO PLEASE HELP:
1, When submitting evidence for form I-130, do I have to submit my foreign Birth Certificate? Or I just need to submit a copy of my Citizenship Certificate?
2, MOST IMPORTANTLY, is the evidence for our Bona Fide Marriage good enough? Since we opened cell phone family plan together, we texted and talked to each other alot, should I submit that? We live with my parents so deed, or lease agreement is not available.
3, The filling fee for my wife I-765 is $380, but in the instruction, I noticed that we do not need to pay $380 if we file it with form I-485, is it true? I figured we will have a nice Six Flags trip with that $380.
4, This part confuses me ALOT, Form I-864 and I-864a. So my parents agreed to Joint Sponsor, they Joint-filed their taxes every year for the past 10 years. My question is, how should they fill out the I-864? Do they both file I-864? Or my dad files I-864 and my mom files I-864a?
5, Also I worked for only 2 months last year, so my income was low. Low enough for my parents to claim me as Dependent on their tax return last year (I'm 27 and living with them). So do I have to file I-864a?
6, Should I get a letter of employer since my income will be in the range of 30-40K this year? Do I need any sort of evidence?, since I only get the 1099 by the end of the year
7, Since these are lots of forms in a package, I was thinking dividing them into folders, each folder contains each form with its supporting documents. For example: I already numbered the forms above, each number will be one folder. Should I do that?
8, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IAM MISSING SOMETHING. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING THIS, AND IT SEEMS ALOT. THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

missing G325A for stepdaughter, as well as i765

no cost for i765 when sent with the i485

i864 for dad, i864A for mom, in each packet, you only need one copy of taxes of each year, since they are filing jointly

some of the duplicates that you are sending aren't needed

hi

missing G325A for stepdaughter, as well as i765

no cost for i765 when sent with the i485

i864 for dad, i864A for mom, in each packet, you only need one copy of taxes of each year, since they are filing jointly

some of the duplicates that you are sending aren't needed

Hi,

Thank you so much for replying aleful. Notes taken on the I-864 and I-864a. Also, I forgot to include that our daughter is only 7 years old, so she will not need G-325a or I-765 forms, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.