morgan&saddem

Does this qualify for expedition process?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi! I'm brand new here but I have lurked for awhile. Please help me as I am a virtual baby to this whole process.

Here's the story....I am female from the US and my fiance is from Tunisia. We meet all of the qualifications for the K1 visa, so no problems with that.

I just sent my completed paperwork to a visa assistance company and got confirmation that they received it. I think that was August 3rd or so.

Here is the issue. My fiance is living in Tunisia and just this past Friday has fractured his shoulder in a freak accident. He also fractured his other shoulder in a car accident a year ago. On top of that, Kairouan, Tunisia has been having daily power outages causing him to suffer from extreme heat on a daily basis. sidenote: I have become physically ill since this latest fracture. I have nausea/vomiting/diarrhea which affects my daily functioning. In other words, I am just sick about him being hurt over there with no help and in that terrible heat.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

everyone in Africa suffers this heat and in winter they sit in house in coats and winter hats as apartments and houses are not heated

it doesn't make them qualify for faster service

I don't say this to be mean

i have been there 6 trips in the heat of summer and cold of winter

telling immigration he has injuries could back fire

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Have you sought psychiatric help?

Has he considered moving?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He has lived there his whole life right? I'm sorry, but heat is not a reason to expedite.

I am sorry he is injured, but if you file an expedite, how do you expect to pay for the cost of his medical treatment? One may think he'll be a public charge.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He has lived there his whole life right? I'm sorry, but heat is not a reason to expedite.

I am sorry he is injured, but if you file an expedite, how do you expect to pay for the cost of his medical treatment? One may think he'll be a public charge.

good luck

Assuming he has it strapped up etc there probably is only a check up needed very now and then until it heals.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! I'm brand new here but I have lurked for awhile. Please help me as I am a virtual baby to this whole process.

Here's the story....I am female from the US and my fiance is from Tunisia. We meet all of the qualifications for the K1 visa, so no problems with that.

I just sent my completed paperwork to a visa assistance company and got confirmation that they received it. I think that was August 3rd or so.

Here is the issue. My fiance is living in Tunisia and just this past Friday has fractured his shoulder in a freak accident. He also fractured his other shoulder in a car accident a year ago. On top of that, Kairouan, Tunisia has been having daily power outages causing him to suffer from extreme heat on a daily basis. sidenote: I have become physically ill since this latest fracture. I have nausea/vomiting/diarrhea which affects my daily functioning. In other words, I am just sick about him being hurt over there with no help and in that terrible heat.

These are the criteria for an expedite > http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

It won't hurt you to try and ask for one. All they can do is deny it, and your case will remain processing as usual. Your petition might not take too long to be processed anyway. Some people are getting approvals in a couple months.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

The expedite process is only for the USCIS part, those who are expedited still have to wait at the NVC and embassy stages. Even if you were approved an expedite, he probably wouldn't get to the US till well after the summer is over.

Can you go visit him while you wait?

Good luck!

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The expedite process is only for the USCIS part, those who are expedited still have to wait at the NVC and embassy stages. Even if you were approved an expedite, he probably wouldn't get to the US till well after the summer is over.

Can you go visit him while you wait?

Good luck!

Not true, expedites can be issued at the NVC and consulate levels

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Some may just start breaking body parts to get an expedite.

Just saying.

Or doing away with air conditioning.

The heat index has been hovering between 130 and 160 the past few weeks in Iran. Many people dying, electrical blackouts everywhere, water shortages.

Edited by Shauneg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.