ce2010

K1 visa travel with ONE WAY flight Ticket

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, a K1 is intended to come and stay so one way ticket makes total sense. People ask this question a lot and it confuses me. They say well what if for some reason your turned around at the border? My answer is make the government send you home. They certainly aren't gonna deny you at POE for not having a return ticket....you're not supposed to be leaving. People but round trip tickets because often times it's cheaper.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everybody

i just found a killer deal for my fiancee's ticket. it is ONE WAY TICKET TO USA. im wondering if it will be a problem at the POE or anywhere else her having a ONE WAY TICKET>>>????

Thank you

My fianceé has one way ticket. I agree. K1 is a one time entry visa and no leaving until AOS is approved(about a year or more unless you have the ead/ap combo earlier) so it just makes sense to buy a one way ticket. :) Edited by CaliforniaBae

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

There are many dozens of existing threads on this topic...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.