LoveinUganda

K1, pending case but want to call it off and start k1 with someone else

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

Long story short,

My first K1 application girl ended up being a nightmare. I ended up calling it off with her looks like a month before we get NOA2, not sure how to formally cancel the petition.

I also would like to start a K1 for someone else that I am much more compatible and happy with. What are the steps to doing so? If I leave the other one pending can I just go ahead and start the new K1? what do I do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

How long ago was the first one? When did you last get any correspondence from USCIS?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Submitted my first one in march of this year but due to many things not adding up called it off, the only correspndence I got was an noa1

Well, I'm sure you realise the situation has red flags - moving on to a new partner so quickly. Better make sure your evidence is good.

In terms of starting over, the petitioner needs to send a letter to the service center processing the I-129f petition, stating that they wish to withdraw the petition, include both of your names, case number etc. They should then send a letter confirming the petition was withdrawn and update the case status.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I don't know how to call it off, but it might seem suspicious to file another k1...after only 5 months of filing for the first, you realized it didn't work out, met someone else and want to marry them. I'm not questioning love, but make sure you have evidence to prove that your current relationship is bona fide and that you have met in the last two years.

K1 until Green Card

01/13/15 - I-129F package sent

01/15/15 - Arrived at Texas Service Center (sigh...)

01/27/15 - NOA1 in hand

07/16/15 - Case was approved!

07/21/15 - NOA2 in hand

07/24/15 - Case sent to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC Case # Assigned / Case sent to embassy (estimate)

08/05/15 - Arrived at embassy

08/12/15 - Packet 3 received

08/17/15 - Packet 3 sent

08/28/15 - Packet 4 received

09/28/15 - Medical

09/30/15 - Interview - approved

10/07/15 - K1 Visa in hand

10/22/15 - POE

11/06/15 - Married!

12/15/15 - I-485 package sent
02/29/16 - I-485 approved (interview waived)

03/08/16 - Green Card in hand

I don't know how to call it off, but it might seem suspicious to file another k1...after only 5 months of filing for the first, you realized it didn't work out, met someone else and want to marry them. I'm not questioning love, but make sure you have evidence to prove that your current relationship is bona fide and that you have met in the last two years.

Also, if you go and check out the OPs other thread, then he was still with the first fiancé two weeks ago[1] and still in deliberation as to whether to break it off, so the new relationship is even newer than 5 months. So... Yeah. <_< The OP might want to consider slowing down this time so he doesn't get scammed again, more than anything else. The process is easy if the relationship evidence is sturdy.

Revoking the petition is easy enough and a person can definitely submit another, but they will look closely at the order of events and evidence.

[1] http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/558427-to-proceed-or-not-more-questions-than-answers-more-confusion-than-clarity-cultural-knowledge-of-uganda-helpful/page-2#entry7739262

Edited by lost_at_sea

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Sorry guys got ahead of myself quite a bit I wouldn't be submitting another for quite a few

More months

OK. Then for now, just get the petition that's currently at a service centre withdrawn so you're in a good position if and when you decide to pursue a more serious relationship with your new lady. Good luck!

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Timeline

Dude slow your roll ,if you petition K1 in 2015 & now looking to

do another they may check you for human trafficking. If you want to

spend your life with this lady take time to cancel first petition,

and put time between both....She will be with you if its love, doing

it this quick is a huge red-flag

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You also may want to tell the new girl about the other K-1 as this has come up in interviews at other embassies. Could be an unexpected shock and quick denial if she gets surprised at her interview.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There have been many threads recently on what to do to cancel a petition. You notify USCIS in writing.

Please take time to get to know people before jumping into engagement or marriage.

Filed: Country: Uganda
Timeline

Thank you everyone for such concern, allow me to say that I am not lookin to file a k1 so soon was just thinking about things and what ifs. As for your questions and comments allow me to say that me and the woman who I feel more compatible with have known each other for close to a year. We have been good friends and she does indeed know all abkit my previous fiancé.

I never had I'll intentions for my previous fiancé and I kept it strictly friendly with the woman I am now ibtereested in. I woke up one day realizing my fiancé spends less than 5 minutes a day talking to me while me and my friend from the same country as my fiancé texted hours a day as friends. Soon I started realIzig my friend filled me up emotionally just by being a friend and we have many life goals and ambitions that are the same.

If I told my fiancé numerous times my needs in the relationship and she never care. Enough to meet them, and trust me I'm not needy I just wanted to grow on a deeper level and communicate more than five minutes that was too much to ask of her. That along with the previous thread I made explaining. My many reasons why things weren't working out betwen us is the reson why things ended. Don't I still have a right to pursue happiness?

Edited by LoveinUganda

Thank you everyone for such concern, allow me to say that I am not lookin to file a k1 so soon was just thinking about things and what ifs. As for your questions and comments allow me to say that me and the woman who I feel more compatible with have known each other for close to a year. We have been good friends and she does indeed know all abkit my previous fiancé.

I never had I'll intentions for my previous fiancé and I kept it strictly friendly with the woman I am now ibtereested in. I woke up one day realizing my fiancé spends less than 5 minutes a day talking to me while me and my friend from the same country as my fiancé texted hours a day as friends. Soon I started realIzig my friend filled me up emotionally just by being a friend and we have many life goals and ambitions that are the same.

If I told my fiancé numerous times my needs in the relationship and she never care. Enough to meet them, and trust me I'm not needy I just wanted to grow on a deeper level and communicate more than five minutes that was too much to ask of her. That along with the previous thread I made explaining. My many reasons why things weren't working out betwen us is the reson why things ended. Don't I still have a right to pursue happiness?

Of course you do. Good luck!

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.