nothingbychance

I am submitting my I-130 packet and need advice on proof of a bona fide relationship

18 posts in this topic

I wouldn't worry about the age difference as long as you can show the relationship is genuine. 30+ year difference in our ages.

2013/05/03 Married

2013 CFO seminar to change name

2013 Passport issued in married name

USCIS

2015/06/27 Sent I-130

2015/06/29 Priority Date

2015/0701 NOA1

2015/08/05 NOA2

NVC

2015/08/17 Package received at NVC

2015/08/26 Received DS-261/AOS bill

2015/08/29 Sent AOS/IV

2015/08/31 AOS/IV scan date

2015/09/01 DS-260 submitted

2015/09/21 3 n/a (CC)

2015/09/28 Receive confirmation email of CC waiting interview date

2015/10/01 Interview date scheduled (P4)

Manila Embassy

2015/10/12 SLEC Medical, required to get doctor certificate and return the 30th.

2015/10/19 Went to hospital to get the doctors certificate for SLEC

2015/10/30 Appointment with doctor at SLEC for evaluation

2015/11/03 Completed medical

2015/11/05 Interview scheduled - APPROVED

2015/11/06 CEAC changed to issued

2015/11/11 Passport and visa delivered

2015/11/12 Passport stamped at CFO

Cognratulations on your marriage! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Again, I wouldn't worry about the age difference. We are 18 years apart & I was 41 and he was 23 when we married. But honesty, my husband is the mature one and I am the immature one...hahaha :)

Hello,

I will be following this closely as I am in a similar situation. I am 49 and my husband is 33. We were married on May 26th, 2015 in Marrakech. I first visited him in March of 2014 for 2 weeks and then returned at the end of July, 2014. We lived together in several different cities in Morocco for a little over 10 months and were married just days before I returned to the US. I came home to a job and a place to live, but had to get a car. I am just now, at the end of August going to be able to apply for his visa--FINALLY !

While we lived together for 10 months in Morocco, all of the apartments we lived in were in the names of the people I worked for. However, everyone knew we were together. We had an engagement party in early April with his family, but by the time our marriage was complete, we didn't have time or the money for a wedding party. It's something we are planning for when he gets his visa and comes to the US.

I have tons of pictures of us together--and can get affidavits from his friends and mine--I have added him to the lease of the apt I'm renting as well. I have the passport stamps in my passport to show my time in Morocco as well as a job contract I had, airline tickets, train tickets, etc. Like you, I'm worried about our age difference as well. I would have spent more time in Morocco, but my daughter was here in the states and I couldn't bear to be away from her any longer.

Please, lets keep in touch as our stories are so close and I know that we could use the support as we go through this process. It's not going to be a quick or easy one, but it will be one that will be well worth it in the end.

Best of luck to you !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello MrandMrsMazhi :)

Thank you so much for the support. You were lucky to be able to live together for 10 months...I wish I could have done that

I would love to keep in touch with you - I agree with you that it helps to know other people with similar situations and to help each other.

Best of luck to you as well!

Thanks NLR for the advice :)

I-130 filed Sept 9 2015

Interview Casablanca Consulate 4/17/207

...Still waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.