Mirela764

K-1 Fiance(e) help

17 posts in this topic

Lawyer-waste of money

waste of time

i paid several thousand for one

he asked me to get all the eveidence together for the RFE. i did and he mailed it in

I could have mailed it myself

I did pay a different attorney $300 to do the support agreement when NVC kept making me do it over and over

He filled out the exact same way as i did but with his name on it, they accepted it

Go Figure

but all in all

DIY

I hired a lawyer cause we thought our case was complicated but it was such a waste of money. Follow the guides here and you will be good.

The lawyer filled out some of the forms for me but with lots of typos that I had to fix and now he won't respond to my emails. So I wasted $900 :wacko:

Good luck!

Hi guys, I am reaching out again to get more advice. Now we are thinking that our case is going to get a little more complicated. We have been engaged since Dec 2014 and since then there has been a lot of situations going on. He doesn't speak with my parents, do you think that's a problem? Also, we have contacted some lawyers and I know that this is a DIY site but we are scared that we will mess something up with the application process. Now since I work part-time and do not make as much as the requirements need; can we have his uncle (who is a US citizen) be our sponsor?

Please respond back with your thoughts and advice!

Thank You!

Edited by Mirela764

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.