redg.awid

Have the NVC Case #...what's next?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I hope you guys can help me or give me information on what's the next thing to do. When my fiance called NVC, he was told that our papers were already forwarded by US Embassy, Manila and was atually recieved July 21 or 23. He was provided a case # that start with MNL2015______. From then on, we have not received any update or anything from the Embassy. What's the normal process and timelines? Should it be me who will received an update or my fiance? What's the next step?

Thank you very much. I would really appreciate your advise.

-Redg

Timeline

Did you guys schedule your interview yet? If you have your MNL case # you can go ahead and pay the visa fee and after you pay the visa fee you can go ahead and schedule your interview. Also you will need to fill out the online DS-160 form you can find it here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

Timeline

Did you guys schedule your interview yet? If you have your MNL case # you can go ahead and pay the visa fee and after you pay the visa fee you can go ahead and schedule your interview. Also you will need to fill out the online DS-160 form you can find it here: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/

Hi EkI3s1a, we have not schedule my interview yet because I thought US Embassy Manila will send me a letter of elligibility or they call it "packet". I'm really not sure.. I am really so confused. I have been waiting for a mail to arrive in my home address for the past 2 weeks. I am reading other blogs and earned there that US Embassy Manila will be the one to schedule me for the medical and interview. Pls enlighten me more.

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my concerns :-) I really appreciate it.

Timeline

Hi EkI3s1a, we have not schedule my interview yet because I thought US Embassy Manila will send me a letter of elligibility or they call it "packet". I'm really not sure.. I am really so confused. I have been waiting for a mail to arrive in my home address for the past 2 weeks. I am reading other blogs and earned there that US Embassy Manila will be the one to schedule me for the medical and interview. Pls enlighten me more.

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my concerns :-) I really appreciate it.

Hi you don't really need to wait for the packet to schedule your interview, your doing the K1 fiancé visa right? I got my MNL case # last 7/31 and we just scheduled our interview last Tuesday and we still haven't received the packet yet. Check this website by Greenbaum http://tinyurl.com/ob9xoa8 this is a guide of the whole K1 process. Also here's another site https://esteytsayd.wordpress.com/from-k-to-citizenship/k-1-visa/ this two sites help me out and also a lot of VJ members also helped me out with any questions I had with the K1 visa process. Good luck on your journey :)

Timeline

How was your interview? When is your meducal then? What should comes first, medical or interview? Thanks!

Our interview is on 8/24, you schedule the interview first and when you get the interview date you go to St. Lukes medical atleast 7-10 days before your interview date to allow St. Lukes to process and send your results to Manila US Embassy. Though I've seen on some guides that when St. Lukes releases the results they give it to the beneficiary to bring to the interview, not sure if thats true.

Timeline

Our interview is on 8/24, you schedule the interview first and when you get the interview date you go to St. Lukes medical atleast 7-10 days before your interview date to allow St. Lukes to process and send your results to Manila US Embassy. Though I've seen on some guides that when St. Lukes releases the results they give it to the beneficiary to bring to the interview, not sure if thats true.

Thank you very much for your help, ekI3s1a! I will talk to my fiance about this info. Again, many thanks. If i have questions, ill post it here. Hope you will still respond lol.

Hi, I hope you guys can help me or give me information on what's the next thing to do. When my fiance called NVC, he was told that our papers were already forwarded by US Embassy, Manila and was atually recieved July 21 or 23. He was provided a case # that start with MNL2015______. From then on, we have not received any update or anything from the Embassy. What's the normal process and timelines? Should it be me who will received an update or my fiance? What's the next step?

-Redg

Do not wait for anything from the embassy, as you may or may not get the letter from them. My wife never received anything from the embassy, and she's been in the US for over a year now.

Since you already have the MNL case number, all you need to do now is pay your visa fee and schedule your interview.

This is the embassy instruction letter here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

Do not wait for anything from the embassy, as you may or may not get the letter from them. My wife never received anything from the embassy, and she's been in the US for over a year now.

Since you already have the MNL case number, all you need to do now is pay your visa fee and schedule your interview.

This is the embassy instruction letter here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

Hi Zedayn, the supposed to be letter from the embassy will not be needed in the medical and interview?

Thanks,

Redg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

-Redg

After getting your MNL # from NVC you are ready to get everything done for USEM. Everything is online. There is more information in the link in my signature, follow the flashing arrow.

As I say - it is ROCK n ROLL time!!

Pay your visa fee.

Schedule your interview

Complete your DS-160

Complete the medical

>>>>>

Next I suggest you make the Philippines forum you new home away from home to get answers for you questions relating to USEM and the process in Manila

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi Zedayn, the supposed to be letter from the embassy will not be needed in the medical and interview?

Thanks,

Redg

No it's not needed. We never received a letter.

For the medical, you can use either a copy of the confirmation page of the visa interview OR a copy of the letter from NVC with your case number.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

No it's not needed. We never received a letter.

For the medical, you can use either a copy of the confirmation page of the visa interview OR a copy of the letter from NVC with your case number.

Ok...I have the USA Visa Dep Slip and ready to pay next week. shall I fill-out the DS-160 after paying the visa fee ($265)?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

hi:) when did u schedule ur interview??im wondering if u have to wait 2 months for it.

Timeline

hi:) when did u schedule ur interview??im wondering if u have to wait 2 months for it.

I have not sched anything yet since i think i have to pay the visa fee first. All the guys here adviced me not to wait for the eligibility letter from the US Embassy, Manila. They said I can go ahead in scheduling the interview and medical since I have my case # (MNL2015...)

how about you? what stage of the visa process are you now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.