AsphaltVoyager

Annulment processing suspended

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, all,

I have a question regarding annulments in the Phils. My girl says her case has been suspended, along with (supposedly) countless others, by the Solicitor General, who has been extremely vocal in her opposition to the existence of annulments during her tenure. The SG's reason for the suspension is suspected collusion, as well as the SG's assertion that "families are the foundation of society in Philippines". That last bit makes no sense, or is pure political speak, because there is NO FAMILY where there are no children in the marriage. That is merely a married couple, NOT a family. So, with her case involving no children, the SG has no logical foundation to stop processing the case if her claim of protecting families as the nation's foundation is true.

Her case is uncontested by the (hopefully soon to be ex-) husband.

Does anyone else have a similar experience to relate? Or... is this a pure storybook tale I have been told? I tried searching newspaper articles in Philippines for any stories related to annulments having been stopped processing, but was unable to get any hits on Google. Her last involvment in the case actively has been over a year and a half ago, and that was only to verify she does indeed have an annulment suit pending by signing a document intended to go to either the fiscal or the SG, not sure which.

Edited by AsphaltVoyager

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

did she pay an attorney? yes? no? if yes, when and how much?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nothing makes sense in the Phillipines

I see you have figured out the Philippines culture......

Hi, all,

I have a question regarding annulments in the Phils. My girl says her case has been suspended, along with (supposedly) countless others, by the Solicitor General, who has been extremely vocal in her opposition to the existence of annulments during her tenure. The SG's reason for the suspension is suspected collusion, as well as the SG's assertion that "families are the foundation of society in Philippines". That last bit makes no sense, or is pure political speak, because there is NO FAMILY where there are no children in the marriage. That is merely a married couple, NOT a family. So, with her case involving no children, the SG has no logical foundation to stop processing the case if her claim of protecting families as the nation's foundation is true.

Her case is uncontested by the (hopefully soon to be ex-) husband.

Does anyone else have a similar experience to relate? Or... is this a pure storybook tale I have been told? I tried searching newspaper articles in Philippines for any stories related to annulments having been stopped processing, but was unable to get any hits on Google. Her last involvment in the case actively has been over a year and a half ago, and that was only to verify she does indeed have an annulment suit pending by signing a document intended to go to either the fiscal or the SG, not sure which.

I am gonna have to call BullChit

Timeline

@Darnell - yes, 3.5 yrs ago, not all the money has been paid, with the last little bit to be paid upon completion of the case, but the lawyer asked $2500.

@VOL - If you have evidence that you can point to that supports your call, present it. Otherwise, you know what they say about opinions. <_<

Timeline

i think the lawyer is stalling about the calendar. recheck that, and soon.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

@Darnell I am not sure I understand what you are talking about as far as the calendar. In any case, I have had no interaction with the lawyer at all. She doesn't know of my existence. I was told if the lawyer knows an "American" is involved, the price she wants will get higher. So, rechecking anything with her (the lawyer) is out of the question.

Edited by AsphaltVoyager

Timeline

My girl already went through 5 or 6 court appearances, some of which were due to her husband not showing up. Supposedly, all court appearances are done. OR, so I have been told. It's just up to the judge, solicitor general, and fiscal to grant it or not.

Timeline

@Darnell - yes, 3.5 yrs ago, not all the money has been paid, with the last little bit to be paid upon completion of the case, but the lawyer asked $2500.

@VOL - If you have evidence that you can point to that supports your call, present it. Otherwise, you know what they say about opinions. <_<

You are the first person to mention this "Suspension" and we get people asking about annulments in Philippines quite a bit

I googled a little bit and couldn't find anything either

So I did do some research and couldn't find anything on suspensions on the annulment process, Thus my answer.........

Timeline

@Darnell I am not sure I understand what you are talking about as far as the calendar. In any case, I have had no interaction with the lawyer at all. She doesn't know of my existence. I was told if the lawyer knows an "American" is involved, the price she wants will get higher. So, rechecking anything with her (the lawyer) is out of the question.

then make it a to-do for yer lass, soon. 'check that' could have multiple interpretations...

Timeline

@Darnell - Still no idea what she's supposed to be checking. :huh2: If the SG is the one who has suspended the process, there's nothing scheduled to check on, at least until the SG has decided to either resume processing or to file collusion charges which would then, perhaps, void the annulment case entirely, depending on the outcome of the collusion case.

Timeline

the attorney knows the calendar, and can request an entry on the calendar. i am asking you to check in with what's what on the calendar, and the entry on the calendar.

calendar = docket, in some places.

Timeline

Price for her services should already been negotiated. It sounds as if your fiancé wants to keep you in the dark on the whole process.

If you are the one paying for the process I would be heavily involved and dealing with the lawyer and wanting a case update.

That's about the going rate for an annulment if not more. But as Vol stated before he tried to look and has found nothing. I have tried to look about suspension of annulments and I have found nothing. So according to what I have found or lack there of something isn't right here at all. Also 3.5 years is a pretty long time for an annulment, usually it's about 1-2 years. So I am saying that either your fiancee is being fleeced by the attorney (which does happens in the Philippines) or your gf is not telling you something.

Timeline

right ! which all ties back into my queries about 'the calendar'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.