srajala

Thank you for All the Support!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have not posted on here too much, but I do just want to thank everyone for all their support and crucially helpful information.

My fiance's interview was July 30, and they said they would give him the visa if we found a co-sponsor. Unfortunately, we have no one at all to help us financially, so the visa is denied. We are looking into moving to another country in Latin America.

We are so disappointed that the visa did not work out, but if we end up applying again in a few years, I will know where to look for help.

THANK YOU and best wishes to you all! Feel free to ask me any questions if I can help in any way.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good luck to you both! As long as you are together, you will be happy no matter where you are :)

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Timeline

is it ok to ask why did they asked for a cosponsor???..cuz i am doing the k1 as well.i only made 22k last year.. :(

I just graduated college in May, so I have only had a full-time job for 3 months with an annual salary just under 25k. Only $1,000 in savings and no assets.

My fiance emphasized that we will be living with my parents. They said we had to get a co-sponsor, and they would "prefer" that our incomes combined came to about 40k.

We aren't even bothering to apply again right away, because we'd probably be denied again next year due to our financial situation. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

im really sorry to hear that.now im worried about my case...i dont have any dependent tho.and they said its fine but i kinda doubt it.i only have 2500 in my savings.and i have a full time job for almost 2 years now..so i think i have to start finding a cosponsor:(

Timeline

do u have dependent?? cuz if its just you and ur fiance.if u made 20k.is fine...thats what i heard.

I do not have any dependents. I heard that it would be fine too, but it is at the discretion of the interviewer. My fiance went back to the embassy to make sure it was absolutely mandatory that we get a co-sponsor since we meet the income minimum, and they said the interviewer had deemed it mandatory.

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

I am really sorry to hear about the denial. I know how hard this must be for you, at the same time I cannot believe they can deem it when it is a guidelines and you meet the guidelines. I would see about filing a complaint or something if possible. I really hate this process and the fact that a complete stranger can determine our fate.

I wonder if anyone else on here that is more experienced with this stuff could give an option. Again I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope it works out for the best.

I hope they won't deny me because I have only been at my job 7 months but was contracted here for 6 months before I went perm. This who processes SUCKS.

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Timeline

I know, it is ridiculous that the guidelines in the end are completely up to the interviewer, who gets to decide if we get to be together! It is so frustrating. I am afraid that there is nothing that we can do. :( But we are keeping our hopes up and working toward being together some other way. Stay strong!

I am really sorry to hear about the denial. I know how hard this must be for you, at the same time I cannot believe they can deem it when it is a guidelines and you meet the guidelines. I would see about filing a complaint or something if possible. I really hate this process and the fact that a complete stranger can determine our fate.

I wonder if anyone else on here that is more experienced with this stuff could give an option. Again I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope it works out for the best.

I hope they won't deny me because I have only been at my job 7 months but was contracted here for 6 months before I went perm. This who processes SUCKS.

• 7 months later...
Timeline

Hi all,

While our visa was originally denied due to our poor financial situation, in the end we found a co-signer for the Affidavit of Support, and my fiance's visa was issued at the end of January 2016!!! He arrived safely in the U.S. on February 28!!! We are so absolutely thrilled and appreciate all of the support and information that you all offered that made our dream come true! If anyone has any questions about how the process worked at the Havana embassy, please feel free to message me!

We also recently created a Go Fund Me to help with the last of the visa fees, as we are financially struggling. While my friend signed the affidavit, they are not actually giving us any funds, so we are completely dependent on my income (I am a recent college graduate). Our page is here if anyone is interested in sharing our page or contributing. We would be so grateful! https://www.gofundme.com/sandysusanna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So sorry

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.