jameson

getting new job

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is thinking of resigning to his job due to stress and burdens.. And as his fiancee it really affected me seeing him got hard time in his work.. Our petition is already approve last June 25 and where just waiting for our manila case number soon.. My question is if he resign and got new job in a month now those it affect the process thus the immigration look for it as negative side coz he is just a month on his new job? Or it does not effect as long as the petitioner got a job and he can support the beneficiary no matter how long he stayed and his job.. His been working almost two yrs now on his previous job.. Any input .. Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

June 25th approval? Why has no one called NVC and gotten your MNL#. It should of been available early July.

YOu should of been done with medical and interview by now.

If you are waiting for MNL# to arrive via mail, then you are making a error as most people don't get a copy via mail

Call NVC in the morning at 7 am USA time

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/#

Timeline

That the sad part were calling nvc but got to talk on wrong people who did not give our case number but were still trying to get it..

Timeline

That the sad part were calling nvc but got to talk on wrong people who did not give our case number but were still trying to get it..

It takes about 7 days after NOA2 approval and you should be able to get your MNL#

What did NVC tell you? And when was the last time you called them?

Timeline

He called yesterday he cant get try the line ciz its busy but due to his work he can't stay long.. And I'm trying to call too nvc from Philippines but I can't get try also.. Do you think it will affect our process if he resign to his job? But he is planning to get one as soon as possible

Timeline

He should be fine if he starts a new job as long as he makes the required amount

Many time now they are not asking for I-134 information for K1's also, but bring it in case

You or your fiancé needs to call at 7 am USA time to get thru to NVC

If you are calling from Philippines, get a SUNIDD Sim Card it's only 1 peso per minute to call USA and super clear signal

Timeline

That is 7 a.m. East Coast time, Not 7 am in California

I think NVC is located on East Coast so if he calls at 7 am it will already 10 am there, so he needs to call even earlier than 7 am. like 4 am his time if in California.

Example - Right Now it is 5:20 pm in California, In Texas (where I live) it is 7:20pm, and NVC is located in New Hamphire and local time there is now 8:20 am

If you dont' call early in the morning then you will never get thru to NVC

So Do the math

Edited by VOL

He should be fine if he has been filing his taxes and making the required amount in the past. You should have already had your visa if not already scheduled a interview by now.

Please understand once you get the MNL# you then need to pay the embassy, and schedule a medical appt and a interview at the embassy,

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you're using an iOS or Android phone/tablet, you can download the MagicJack app and call NVC for free using a WIFI connection. That's what I used when I was still in the Philippines.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Thank you so much guys for the reply.. I downloaded magic jack and its working, I try to call my fiancee and its work ehehe and he will apply for a new job tomorrow but not quitting the old job.. Then i called nvc but its busy but i will try again later..God is always with us.. Thank you for the help..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

He shouldn't have a problem switching jobs and not affecting your application, assuming he is not unemployed for any significant length of time. I did something similar last year due to a job that was simply too stressful. Best of luck to both of you.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I switched jobs during my CR1 process. I just sent my tax returns that showed how much I made at the last job, a letter of employment from my new job, and my most recent check stubs. That was all sufficient to prove my income. Good luck with everything! Glad to hear you got your number! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.