6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear Visa Journey Friends,

I would really really really appreciate anyone's advice and help. This entire process has been mind-blowing and I am simply out of steam.

I just received the letter from the NVC with case number/invoice number.

I went on line and successfully filled out the 'Choose an agent' form DS-261 and then printed it.

Because I am completely overwhelmed and burned out I am now unsure if I am supposed to wait to hear from them to make payment or was I supposed to have done it right after completely the DS-261.

I would really appreciate hearing from you.

You may contact me in this thread or pm me. I am forever grateful.

Hugs

LHS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi LHS

One of the first things you should do is fill out a profile so that other members have a better idea of your case. The reason we share our information in regards to what we file and what country and when etc is that it helps others with their own situation and it helps others better understand yours and give better informed suggestions.

The forum also has guides and regular posts that may answer your question but its also important to share your own case to improve the forum.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

print ds 261 confirmation. give then 6-7 working days and ask then to review your Ds261 over phone. once they do that in 3-4 working day your invoice for aos and iv will be active

good luck

Filed: Timeline

Thank you very much Bunny and Ninja,

I am under a tremendous amount of stress at my work and this immigration process has pushed me over the edge.

What may seem easy to others surely wasn't for me. If I could have done it all over I should have paid a lawyer, but since

I came this far on my own I just thought it didn't make sense to hire someone at the end of it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

this process is imp to u.. for lawyers its their job for u its life. so u will take care better than them

if no criminal //deportation ubcan do on ur own.

everyone has same schedule like u .. work and stress of visa. everyone is in same boat of being away from loved one, stress of visa and earning bread and butter.

you will b just fine. relax and take it easy. waiting for my interview date since last 1 month. its been 12 months for us in this proceess n vj is great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.