eadpls

Help! IO said my EAD (I765) expedite case is sensitive. What does it mean?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am nervous and would like to know what the USCIS IO (immigration officer/tier-2 rep) meant by saying my I765/EAD is a sensitive case and should write to an address on lower welded st in Vermont. Should I be worried? what does sensitive case mean? See timeline (all in 2015) for my AOS/GC/EAD story

Mid May - Got married to my darling husband who is a USC, while on F1-OPT
End of May - Went on Leave of Absence as OPT was expiring
June 1st - Filed for GC and EAD
Mid July - Requested for EAD expedite with tier-1 rep
July 29th - Sent evidence in response to RFE for expedite EAD request
July 30th - Called USCIS to follow but tier-1 rep refused to transfer to tier-2
July 31st - Called USCIS again and got to tier-2 rep, who hastily said they have to check for RFE evidence
August 3rd (Day 64 and today) - Called USCIS again today. Tier 2-rep said she cannot share whether they have received my evidence or share the status of my case because it is sensitive. She shared an address (above) that I can write to and hung up!
Does this mean my case has been put aside? Is this a regular response?

All in 2015

Mid May - Got married to my darling husband who is a USC, while on F1-OPT
End of May - Went on Leave of Absence as OPT was expiring
June 1st - Filed for GC and EAD
Mid July - Requested for EAD expedite with tier-1 rep
July 29th - Sent evidence in response to RFE for expedite EAD request
July 30th - Called USCIS to follow but tier-1 rep refused to transfer to tier-2
July 31st - Called USCIS again and got to tier-2 rep, who hastily said they have to check for RFE evidence
August 3rd - Called USCIS again. Tier 2-rep said she cannot share whether they have received my evidence or share the status of my case because it is sensitive. She shared an address (above) that I can write to and hung up!
Late Aug - Invitation to interview
Sept - Got 2-year green card :) 

Got 10-year green card

Dec - Divorced :(

July - Applied for citizenship based on 5-year permanent residency in PA
Aug - Moved to GA and submitted AR-11

May - Received notice to reuse biometrics and invitation to interview in PA
June - Interview in PA, passed! Case moved to ATL by interview officer

Oct 2021 - Invitation for oath ceremony in ATL

Oct 2021 - Descheduled within 24 hrs for oath ceremony in ATL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from "AOS from WS&T Visas" main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

that's weird.

suggest you keep calling in, talking with an ISO/Tier2 once a day, writing down their answers. after 2 weeks has transpired, compare the answers, take the >50 percentile as the answer.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Use of word 'sensitive' just means (I think) that they cannot ascertain for sure if you are the persons in question, so don't want to give out info over the phone.

But these workers, just like all workers, can range from incompetent to highly competent.

I just recently went through a similar situation regarding getting new title to vehicle I had acquired via a trade with another private party.

I went to local office and they told me things which seemed totally wrong to me.

So I called the central office in our capital city. Two more persons told me ridiculous things. Finally, I got to a tier 2 person who gave the sensible answer, and luckily for me gave me his name and direct phone number.

I typed out what he had told me along with his name, title and phone number. Went back to local office, showed them the typed message, and they processed exactly as I had wanted in first place.

Not that this will help in your specific situation . . . but just showing example of the hoops we all have to jump through in life.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.