TL2016

August 2015 K-1 Filers [merged topics]

1,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yay. Best of luck to you guys!

Thank you!! :D

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Timeline

It is my understanding that all we need to send initially is the I29, the g325 the letters of intent and the photos. Should we be sending more. And does the employment start date month need to be exact or can it be a guessmite.

Well, obviously the check lol then there's also proof of citizenship (petitioner) and passport photos accompanying the G325As.

When it comes to proof of meeting, photos are only secondary evidence - you need to add stuff like passport stamps, boardings passes, receipts and/or bank statements.

We also decided to add conversations from Facebook and log of calls from Skype (proof of ongoing relationship).

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lol. Yes, "betta have that money" byt when i said pics I meant passport photos. As for the supporting docs. Weve been ina relationship for 4 years and i have travelled back and forth to Jamaica and we always stayed at a resort or rental so I have the travel docs. And very few pics though. But should i been sendingall ofthat in the initial packet? I was told to send only the items i listed in my last post. Please advise me.

Lol. Yes, "betta have that money" byt when i said pics I meant passport photos. As for the supporting docs. Weve been ina relationship for 4 years and i have travelled back and forth to Jamaica and we always stayed at a resort or rental so I have the travel docs. And very few pics though. But should i been sendingall ofthat in the initial packet? I was told to send only the items i listed in my last post. Please advise me.

Timeline

Yes!!! Now is the time where you show off all the proof you have of having met each other within the last two years of filing - don't want to get an RFE.

What we added was; copies of my passport stamps from visiting him, copies of all of my boarding passes from my visits within the last two years, copies of tickets from various events we attended, ATM receipts with crossreference to withdrawals from my bank account.

When it came to photos we added 10 photos, could have added a lot more but didn't want to overdo it either so we chose pictures that could be cross-referenced to the events we had attended and which we had added copies of tickets from.

If you guys have stayed at a hotel/resort and both of your names are on the booking that's awesome evidence! Either way, you have great proof by adding copies of your travel documents! My fiancée has his own house so I've stayed there on my visits, making it more difficult to prove.

Btw: You asked about the start date of employment in your previous post; I would be as exact as possible - especially as the petitioner!

Edited by ckibs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi TL and Extraterrestrial!

From the July 2015 forum, with almost the same timeline as ours, some were approved in 9days (4 working days)! Those were the ones sent on July 29&30!!!!!

Crazy right?

Well here's mine again:

Sent I-129F: July 31

NOA 1: August 3 (website) August 6 (email)

NOA 2 : ???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can't thank you enough you have been a wealth of information for me for us I don't have boarding passes but I have my itinerary and such for uniform I like both of our names are on the restore it and ask for the employment its not for me I have my information but you know its for him the beneficiary and he left his job on not such good terms and then player isn't responding to him so I'm wondering if we should be the start date blink we know the end date but we don't know the start date and or should I put unknown I'm going to call the line on Monday but if anybody has any ideas would be great but I can't thank you enough for all of your information has been a big help I'm good luck to you guys

Hi all! Technically I'm a July filer, but my NOA1 came on the 3rd. I just received my NOA2 via email confirmation last night - just waiting for the hard copy. Only 11 days! That's crazy how fast it's going!

07/27/2015 - Mailed I-129F

7/30/2015 - USPS Confirmation of delivery to Texas Lockbox

8/3/2015 - Text confirmation of receipt (woo!) packet sent to California

8/14/2015 - Email confirmation of approval (NOA2). Only took 11 days!!

9/9/2015 - NVC received packet (no case number yet)

9/14/2015 - Case number received!

10/9/2015 - Packet 3 sent out!

10/27/2015 - Jason goes for medical, all clear!

11/2/2015 - Touch

11/7/2015 - Assigned interview date for December 8th

12/8/2015 - Approved at interview!

1/19/2016 - US entry

AOS

1/21/2016 - Married legally!

2/3/2016 - Sent out AOS. Fingers crossed!

2/11/2016 - Text confirmation of receipt and check cashed

3/9/2016 - Biometrics appointment

4/7/2016 - Case updated: "New Card is Being Processed" :dancing:

4/15/2016 - Green card arrives in mail!!

Timeline

I can't thank you enough you have been a wealth of information for me for us I don't have boarding passes but I have my itinerary and such for uniform I like both of our names are on the restore it and ask for the employment its not for me I have my information but you know its for him the beneficiary and he left his job on not such good terms and then player isn't responding to him so I'm wondering if we should be the start date blink we know the end date but we don't know the start date and or should I put unknown I'm going to call the line on Monday but if anybody has any ideas would be great but I can't thank you enough for all of your information has been a big help I'm good luck to you guys

I would probably write either the 1st of the 15th of the month you know he began his employment.

You're welcome, good luck to you as well! :)

Hi all! Technically I'm a July filer, but my NOA1 came on the 3rd. I just received my NOA2 via email confirmation last night - just waiting for the hard copy. Only 11 days! That's crazy how fast it's going!

That IS crazy! Good for you guys! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

From the July 2015 forum, with almost the same timeline as ours, some were approved in 9days (4 working days)! Those were the ones sent on July 29&30!!!!!

Crazy right?

Well here's mine again:

Yeah that's crazy. We're hoping for a quick approval too but we wouldn't go to the interview until January anyway. But I'd love to know if our petition was good enough or if we'll get an RFE. Either way I hope we all get our NOA2 asap. We just want to be ready for the medical and the interview whenever we want to do it :) .

Awesome, congrats! Hope the rest of the process goes just as quickly for you guys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we almost have the same timeline.. Congratulations! hopefully to receive ours soon

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

Yeah that's crazy. We're hoping for a quick approval too but we wouldn't go to the interview until January anyway. But I'd love to know if our petition was good enough or if we'll get an RFE. Either way I hope we all get our NOA2 asap. We just want to be ready for the medical and the interview whenever we want to do it :) .

Awesome, congrats! Hope the rest of the process goes just as quickly for you guys.

If you don't wanna attend the Interview this year ..then you should wait 1 -2 months with sending package 3 back then..you've most likely just the next month to choose a date

(of course after you got approved / got the case number / it's "ready" in Frankfurt and u got the package 3 sent from the embassy. Which includes a residency sheet (where u have lived & when & for how long)

Edited by Sabrina&Chuck

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Timeline

If you don't wanna attend the Interview this year ..then you should wait 1 -2 months with sending package 3 back then..you've most likely just the next month to choose a date

(of course after you got approved / got the case number / it's "ready" in Frankfurt and u got the package 3 sent from the embassy. Which includes a residency sheet (where u have lived & when & for how long)

Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll be in the US for another month anyway so we don't plan on doing anything else about the process until I go home anyway.

I'll join the German regional thread soon so I can get some more info on how Frankfurt handles everything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Crazy right?

Well here's mine again:

Wow, that's crazy fast. I've been assuming it'll take around a month, but I'll take it as a pleasant surprise if things move faster than that!

This was great to read. How long have the two of you been together for? I don't know how credible the claims are, but I've read some people saying that longer relationships with more evidence are generally approved faster. Like I said above, I'm assuming it'll take a month but anything quicker would be a great surprise!

Met - Jan 2013

Began dating - Feb 2013

Engaged - June 2015

~~~

I-129F Sent - 07/31/15

I-129F Delivered - 08/13/15

NOA1 - 08/15/15

NOA1 Hardcopy - 08/25/15

NOA2 - 08/28/15

NOA2 Hardcopy - 09/09/15

Packet 3 - 10/08/15

Packet 4/Received Interview Date - 10/13/15

Medical - 11/06/15

Interview - 11/20/15

Visa Issued - 11/24/15

~~~

Entry - 01/15/16

Married - 02/13/16

I-485/I-765/I-131 Sent - 03/30/16

AOS Package Received - 04/04/16

NOA1 - 04/07/16

Biometrics - 05/11/16

Wow, that's crazy fast. I've been assuming it'll take around a month, but I'll take it as a pleasant surprise if things move faster than that!

This was great to read. How long have the two of you been together for? I don't know how credible the claims are, but I've read some people saying that longer relationships with more evidence are generally approved faster. Like I said above, I'm assuming it'll take a month but anything quicker would be a great surprise!

We've been together about a year and a half. I put a lot of evidence in my file, so maybe that has some truth to it.

07/27/2015 - Mailed I-129F

7/30/2015 - USPS Confirmation of delivery to Texas Lockbox

8/3/2015 - Text confirmation of receipt (woo!) packet sent to California

8/14/2015 - Email confirmation of approval (NOA2). Only took 11 days!!

9/9/2015 - NVC received packet (no case number yet)

9/14/2015 - Case number received!

10/9/2015 - Packet 3 sent out!

10/27/2015 - Jason goes for medical, all clear!

11/2/2015 - Touch

11/7/2015 - Assigned interview date for December 8th

12/8/2015 - Approved at interview!

1/19/2016 - US entry

AOS

1/21/2016 - Married legally!

2/3/2016 - Sent out AOS. Fingers crossed!

2/11/2016 - Text confirmation of receipt and check cashed

3/9/2016 - Biometrics appointment

4/7/2016 - Case updated: "New Card is Being Processed" :dancing:

4/15/2016 - Green card arrives in mail!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We've been together about a year and a half. I put a lot of evidence in my file, so maybe that has some truth to it.

Nice - your post made me think, and I've just realised that today marks two and a half years for us. Fingers crossed, I guess!

Met - Jan 2013

Began dating - Feb 2013

Engaged - June 2015

~~~

I-129F Sent - 07/31/15

I-129F Delivered - 08/13/15

NOA1 - 08/15/15

NOA1 Hardcopy - 08/25/15

NOA2 - 08/28/15

NOA2 Hardcopy - 09/09/15

Packet 3 - 10/08/15

Packet 4/Received Interview Date - 10/13/15

Medical - 11/06/15

Interview - 11/20/15

Visa Issued - 11/24/15

~~~

Entry - 01/15/16

Married - 02/13/16

I-485/I-765/I-131 Sent - 03/30/16

AOS Package Received - 04/04/16

NOA1 - 04/07/16

Biometrics - 05/11/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.