MikePearl

Help! For affidavit of support! Do we still need co sponsors

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My F was studying nursing 2013-2014 so his tax that year was really really low, and after graduating he went back right away his old job before.. And since may he is now working at jfk as nurse part time and his salary is above poverty lines and plus he is still also working his old job till now.. He works to two job.. Do we still need co sponsors? Cuz his tax last year is really low. I hope not :( if we dont need co sponsors what are the requirements we need, do we still need to have a proof he was studying? Please help im soo confused now we are planning our interview will be on septmeber..

????????

Timeline

I've read here in VJ that as long ah he can provide his current pay stubs and a letter from employer stating how much he earns NOW and how long he had been employed it should not be a problem. Also include in the letter how many hours he works a day/ week. He also has to draft a letter explaining why his income was low from previous years. Attaching a proof would be beneficial such as school records and income records just in case they ask. Good luck in your Interview. Ours will be Sept too.

Timeline

Thanks a lot.. Been soo worrying might be a problem on my interview day, cuz might hard for him to find co sponsors.. im gonna tell my f about it.. Your fiance is from philippines too?

Good luck on the interview ☺️ Getting much closer to ldr nomore ?

????????

Timeline

Yes. And I am also a nurse. What I told you is just what I have read and what I would do. I can't promise you anything but hopefully someone will also give some feedback perhaps someone with more experience. I hope I made you feel a little bit better. But do what you are comfortable with.

Timeline

No worries, I think you'll be fine. I had my interview last July 28, and I'm so worried that time coz my F had low income last year, we have co sponsor and after submitting it to the Filipino consul he commented that its not really necessary and said that u are a nurse so u will definitely work in the future "everything goes smoothly, CO didn't even ask anything about my F income, but asked if I will pursue my profession and when I said yes, she seems satisfied. Also there are some applicant where affidavit of support was never asked. I'm sure u ll be fine :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.