madtownguy

Adopting a child?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Child Trafficking

Section 7. Child Trafficking. Any person who shall engage in trading and dealing with children including, but not limited to, the act of buying and selling of a child for money, or for any other consideration, or barter, shall suffer the penalty of reclusion temporal to reclusion perpetua. The penalty shall be imposed in its maximum period when the victim is under twelve (12) years of age.

Section 8. Attempt to Commit Child Trafficking. There is an attempt to commit child trafficking under Section 7 of this Act:1awphi1@alf

(a) When a child travels alone to a foreign country without valid reason therefor and without clearance issued by the Department of Social Welfare and Development or written permit or justification from the child's parents or legal guardian;

© When a person, agency, establishment or child-caring institution recruits women or couples to bear children for the purpose of child trafficking; or

(d) When a doctor, hospital or clinic official or employee, nurse, midwife, local civil registrar or any other person simulates birth for the purpose of child trafficking; or

(e) When a person engages in the act of finding children among low-income families, hospitals, clinics, nurseries, day-care centers, or other child-during institutions who can be offered for the purpose of child trafficking.

A penalty lower two (2) degrees than that prescribed for the consummated felony under Section 7 hereof shall be imposed upon the principals of the attempt to commit child trafficking under this Act.

http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1992/ra_7610_1992.html

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I could care less about politically correct. The girl who is having the kid wants $500, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. People pay that much for an abortion, why can't you pay to keep a kid alive? I've done some research and the only spot I'm stuck on is already having a child in mind, the agencies are set up to match you with a child. Otherwise it's a pretty straight forward simple process, get approved to adopt a child in the U.S. and then adopt one in the other country. Pretty much the only additional thing is going through the approval here which should't be too hard. There's a chance we might just pay for my wife's parents to raise the child, all the info came on very sudden. I'm trying to sort it out still.

While you do not see anything wrong, the Philippines and US governments do. When money changes hands for a baby, it's child trafficking regardless of your good intentions.

It's naive to think that it "shouldn't be too hard" to bring a child adopted to the US based on the information you have provided.

Not trying to be as ###. Trying to help you from making some big mistakes. Please go talk to a US lawyer about this. You need to get a much better understanding of what constitutes child trafficking and how hard it is to bring an adopted child to the US.

Best of luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I hàve a rescue dog, by the time I paid for this and that and their minimum donation it came to about 400 bucks.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Child trafficking in Philippines is 12 to 20 years in Prison, if the person is under age 12 then it is the maximum penalty of 20 to 40 years in Prison

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

While you do not see anything wrong, the Philippines and US governments do. When money changes hands for a baby, it's child trafficking regardless of your good intentions.

It's naive to think that it "shouldn't be too hard" to bring a child adopted to the US based on the information you have provided.

Not trying to be as ###. Trying to help you from making some big mistakes. Please go talk to a US lawyer about this. You need to get a much better understanding of what constitutes child trafficking and how hard it is to bring an adopted child to the US.

Best of luck.

Yes I understand that, there are ways for money not to change hands and make it legal. Like paying Dr bills and other grey areas. I watched dateline it happens in the U.S. a lot. I'm looking into everything still, it doesn't seem as hard as everyone makes it sound. Everything I read just says there are verification steps to make sure the child isn't going to a bad home. That to me doesn't sound like a lot of extra work. I'm sure it won't be cheap. I'm sure with all the problems with poor and abused children in the Philippines, the Philippines isn't going to be too concerned about a child going to a good home under any circumstances. Although I agree the U.S. is nuts with their over bearing laws on human trafficking. Giving a child a great home to live in and family to raise them in no way can I ever consider human trafficking regardless of what the government thinks. Would you rather live in the ghetto with a family who doesn't want you or love you and wish you were never born, or with the family that would do anything including pay for you and give you everything needed to have the best shot to be successful and happy in life.

I thank you for trying to point me in the right direction, I can assure you I won't make any mistakes that will land me in hot water.

Timeline

Child trafficking in Philippines is 12 to 20 years in Prison, if the person is under age 12 then it is the maximum penalty of 20 to 40 years in Prison

I could care less if it's 100 years, I didn't come here to ask advice on how to break the law. I came to see if anyone knows how to do it the legal way. Which still nobody has done and at best has provided links. If I wanted to commit human trafficking I wouldn't go on a forum to ask how to do it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

The steps to legal adoption involving immigration have been spelled out in the links above, I didn't find it necessary to type out the

links's contents. Click, read and research. No one can give you the detailed A-Z on the general info you have provided.

Hague countries have a little different twist on it and for non Hague countries the child must be an orphan with parents deceased and must have had

physical legal adoption 2 years prior to bringing the child here.

There is nothing easy about it as the provided links show. Consult an attorney, link was also provided for one experienced in international adoption.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I could care less if it's 100 years, I didn't come here to ask advice on how to break the law. I came to see if anyone knows how to do it the legal way. Which still nobody has done and at best has provided links. If I wanted to commit human trafficking I wouldn't go on a forum to ask how to do it.

That actually is what you were asking. Your question and your wording was 100% Child Trafficking.

I would consult an attorney in USA regarding adoption in Philippines and bringing the child to USA via Immigration

I have not read or seen a successful adoption from Philippines that included Immigration, I have always heard they were complicated. I think your question falls outside the scope of most anyone on this forum.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes I understand that, there are ways for money not to change hands and make it legal. Like paying Dr bills and other grey areas. I watched dateline it happens in the U.S. a lot. I'm looking into everything still, it doesn't seem as hard as everyone makes it sound. Everything I read just says there are verification steps to make sure the child isn't going to a bad home. That to me doesn't sound like a lot of extra work. I'm sure it won't be cheap. I'm sure with all the problems with poor and abused children in the Philippines, the Philippines isn't going to be too concerned about a child going to a good home under any circumstances. Although I agree the U.S. is nuts with their over bearing laws on human trafficking. Giving a child a great home to live in and family to raise them in no way can I ever consider human trafficking regardless of what the government thinks. Would you rather live in the ghetto with a family who doesn't want you or love you and wish you were never born, or with the family that would do anything including pay for you and give you everything needed to have the best shot to be successful and happy in life.

I thank you for trying to point me in the right direction, I can assure you I won't make any mistakes that will land me in hot water.

Well, you watched Dateline. That makes you an expert on child trafficking then.

For a guy who has done little research, you are certainly sure of yourself and that this shouldn't be too hard.

You think just because you are richer than a family in the PI, it's a blessing for the baby.

Try helping you the nice way.

Best of luck. You simply aren't getting any of this.

Timeline

Well, you watched Dateline. That makes you an expert on child trafficking then.

For a guy who has done little research, you are certainly sure of yourself and that this shouldn't be too hard.

You think just because you are richer than a family in the PI, it's a blessing for the baby.

Try helping you the nice way.

Best of luck. You simply aren't getting any of this.

It's not going to happen, the thing I wasn't sure of isn't possible. You can't know the child who is to be adopted, it has to be blind. Dateline dealt with adoption in the U.S. some agencies do odd things to get money for the biological parent. It's not the rich thing that makes it better, it's the being wanted thing that is the biggest factor. Money does solve a heck of a lot of problems though. For those stumbling onto the thread, it takes 12-18 months and factoring in flights back and forth about $40,000. It isn't any harder really than an adoption of a child in the U.S. and costs similar. They said international adoptions are tending to have some kind of disability now which some might care about. I personally think 40k going to the parent of the child makes way more sense than going to an agency, but I guess some people do try to do bad things with children. I don't really think agencies will stop that, similar to the outlawing guns will not stop criminals from using gun kind of mind frame but that is just me. And I do understand there are laws, that's what I was coming here for but nobody really knew any of the laws. Not one person said you can't adopt a child you know or have contact with, that's pretty straight forward. Hopefully my wife's sister will have a change of heart and decide she wants the baby.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not going to happen, the thing I wasn't sure of isn't possible. You can't know the child who is to be adopted, it has to be blind. Dateline dealt with adoption in the U.S. some agencies do odd things to get money for the biological parent. It's not the rich thing that makes it better, it's the being wanted thing that is the biggest factor. Money does solve a heck of a lot of problems though. For those stumbling onto the thread, it takes 12-18 months and factoring in flights back and forth about $40,000. It isn't any harder really than an adoption of a child in the U.S. and costs similar. They said international adoptions are tending to have some kind of disability now which some might care about. I personally think 40k going to the parent of the child makes way more sense than going to an agency, but I guess some people do try to do bad things with children. I don't really think agencies will stop that, similar to the outlawing guns will not stop criminals from using gun kind of mind frame but that is just me. And I do understand there are laws, that's what I was coming here for but nobody really knew any of the laws. Not one person said you can't adopt a child you know or have contact with, that's pretty straight forward. Hopefully my wife's sister will have a change of heart and decide she wants the baby.

Here is the info I have.

According to this Law, any person can adopt provided he or she is a Filipino citizen or alien residing in the Philippines who:

• Is of legal age.
  • Is at least 16 years older than adoptee, except when the adopter is the biological parent.
  • Has the capacity to act and assume all the rights and duties incident to the exercise of parental authority.
  • Is of good moral character and has not been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude.
  • Is in a good position to support, educate and care for his/her legitimate and illegitimate children and the child to be adopted.
  • Has undergone the pre-adoption services.
  • An alien may adopt if he/she has diplomatic relations with the Philippines, has been certified by his/her diplomatic or consular office or any appropriated agency that he/she is qualified to adopt in his country, and that his/her government will allow the adoption.
  • An alien has been living in the Philippines for at least three (3) continuous years prior to the filing of the application for adoption and maintains such residence until the adoption decree is entered

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/?s=adoption+requirements&x=0&y=0

http://philpad.com/how-to-adopt-a-child-in-the-philippines-adoption-requirements-procedures/

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/?s=adoption&x=0&y=0

And lastly:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhadop.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Posting on a web site monitored by immigration that you intend on paying $500 for a baby is NOT the way to avoid trouble.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.