blooms

Would my evidence be enough? ROC window opens next week.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Dear visajourney peeps,

I am sending off my I-751 next week as I do not want to piggyback other thread, I am starting my own. I wonder if these documents that I have prepared so far

would be sufficient.

1. Copies of my green card.

2. Copies of husband's driver's license and my state ID (I don't drive you see)

3. Copy of birth certificate of our son.

4. Tax transcripts for 2013 and 2014 filing jointly as married.

5. Copy of 401k stating me as beneficiary.

6. Copies of bank statements showing transactions on savings and checking account

7. Copies of bank statement for our joint credit card account.

8. Copy of our son's savings and education savings with me and husband as joint owner.

9. Copy of individualized family service plan issued by the state for our son showing us as parents with same address.

10. Copy of house deed stating our names as owners.

11. Copy of homeowner insurance policy bearing our names.

12. Copy of insurance policies showing me as spouse beneficiary.

13. Copies of medical, dental, vision insurance and copies of joint credit cards from retailers.

14. Copies of joint utility bills (both electric and gas).

15. Copy of joint loan for HVAC system installed January 2014.

16. Copies of itineraries, boarding passes, passports bearing visas and stamps of me, husband, and child traveling together as a family.

17. Affidavit of support from friend and family.

18. Family photos.

19. Letters, invitations, cards, addressed to me and husband.

We do not have a joint phone bill because the account is under my husband's name? And the title of the car and insurance only state my husband as sole owner (BOO!)

I'm quite nervous in submitting this petition because when I adjusted my status, we had help from an attorney. I figured I could do it on my own this time around since I found this wonderful community with dedicated forums/topics.

So please, any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

blooms

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I dont have much expericne with this since I am still in AOS process. Some with more knowledge and experience will answer better to ur question, but from the little i know, you seem to be well prepared and have all the neccessary documents. Good luck

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

We do not have a joint phone bill because the account is under my husband's name? And the title of the car and insurance only state my husband as sole owner (BOO!)

I'm quite nervous in submitting this petition because when I adjusted my status, we had help from an attorney. I figured I could do it on my own this time around since I found this wonderful community with dedicated forums/topics.

You seam very well prepared!

So, good luck!

As for the insurance - since you don't drive , that makes sense

As for the phone, are both phone numbers listed on the bill?

This seams very well prepared

I wouldn't worry too much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Your evidence is spot on you're in good shape.

Edited by Starkilla09

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

6 and 7 (in yer list) is monthly, from marriage date till yesterday? yes? no?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

6 and 7 (in yer list) is monthly, from marriage date till yesterday? yes? no?

hi Darnell,

Item 6 is from October 2013 until most recent statement available.

Item 7 is from October 2014 because I was added to the account that month, until most recent statement available.

Would this suffice? Is there anything that I should add to the petition? Thanks Darnell

blooms

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it's cool - i focus on monthly things, accounts (bank, credit card, medical insurance, car insurance) that generate monthly statements. other folk focus on other things, but I focus on that.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

it's cool - i focus on monthly things, accounts (bank, credit card, medical insurance, car insurance) that generate monthly statements. other folk focus on other things, but I focus on that.

Hi Darnell,

I truly appreciate for your input. I am going to add more bank statements from the other bank where we are members currently. I hope it will suffice, as I am starting to second guess myself.

Just don't wanna forget anything really.

Thanks again Darnell.

blooms

Timeline

You seam very well prepared!

So, good luck!

As for the insurance - since you don't drive , that makes sense

As for the phone, are both phone numbers listed on the bill?

This seams very well prepared

I wouldn't worry too much!

Hi 1stLove,

Thank you for your response.

My husband recently cut off his phone service because it's just too exhausting to maintain two phones (one is a work phone). So TODAY the service was off.

That being said, there is nothing that I can do at this point, though the account previously shown two numbers (mine and his) but with his name on the account.

Just hope this is not a big deal for USCIS when they are adjudicating my petition.

blooms

Timeline

Yeah, you have plenty. Almost identical to ours and we didn't get "selected" for an interview.

Good luck!

Best of luck to you as well.

I dont have much expericne with this since I am still in AOS process. Some with more knowledge and experience will answer better to ur question, but from the little i know, you seem to be well prepared and have all the neccessary documents. Good luck

Your evidence is spot on you're in good shape.

Thank you for responding :)

probably something good to add would be wills, medical powers of attorney, etc... but otherwise your list looks fantastic.

You don't necessarily need a lawyer for a will either. We did ours for $10 plus the notary signature. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

It looks fine to me.

The main things USCIS is looking for is cohabitation, comingling of finances (showing that you trust each other enough to put your money at risk), and to a lesser extent that you hold yourselves out to others as husband and wife.

You own a house together, have a child together and raise him together, and share your money. I can't imagine what more they'd want.

Remember that 95%+ of couples are approved. You aren't competing for the title of "Most Bona Fide Couple Of The Year." You just need to not be in the 5% they think are shady enough to be faking it.

Timeline

probably something good to add would be wills, medical powers of attorney, etc... but otherwise your list looks fantastic.

You don't necessarily need a lawyer for a will either. We did ours for $10 plus the notary signature. :)

I will look into this, great advice. Thank you NLR.

It looks fine to me.

The main things USCIS is looking for is cohabitation, comingling of finances (showing that you trust each other enough to put your money at risk), and to a lesser extent that you hold yourselves out to others as husband and wife.

You own a house together, have a child together and raise him together, and share your money. I can't imagine what more they'd want.

Remember that 95%+ of couples are approved. You aren't competing for the title of "Most Bona Fide Couple Of The Year." You just need to not be in the 5% they think are shady enough to be faking it.

I understand, now I feel more confident in what I present. Thank you for the assurance, I appreciate you :)

blooms

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.