We Keep Receipts

Good Samaritan family is gunned down on Montana Indian reservation

28 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/31/us/montana-good-samaritans-shooting-death/index.html

(CNN)Trying to be good Samaritans cost two members of a Montana family their lives and left their daughter wounded.

The triple shooting happened in the town of Pryor, Montana, about 30 miles south of Billings.

The suspect, 18-year-old Jesus Deniz Mendoza, is expected in federal court Friday.

The shooting

The family was shot when they returned to help Mendoza, whose car was seen stopped along side a road on the Crow Indian Reservation on Wednesday morning, according to an FBI criminal complaint.

The daughter said her mother "came to her house and told her that there was a guy that needed assistance."

The mother, father and daughter then returned to where Mendoza's car was parked, the court document says.

Mendoza pulled a gun on them and ordered them out of their car. He demanded money, but the family said it didn't have any, according to the FBI.

The daughter said Mendoza told them to start walking away from the car. She heard a gunshot and turned back to see her father lying on the road

The woman heard another gunshot and heard her mother scream. She was running and didn't look back, the document says.

As the daughter fled, she felt blood running down her face from a bullet wound. She then heard another gunshot and felt a bullet hit her in the back.

The woman ran for help as Mendoza drove off in her car. She was taken to a Billings hospital for treatment.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We might just have encountered the newest best definition of "slime-bucket."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

some news reports i'm seeing now are saying the perp is illegally here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

That is a horrific story but glad that they have him in custody. Deportation after 30 or 40 years in prison sounds like as good an outcome as possible.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Another Obama poster child.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Another Obama poster child.

Definitely a "Dreamer" or maybe beneficiary of DACA. Regardless just a lowlife, got tired of waiting and thought someone laughed at him? Wait til he gets to lock up, plenty of waiting to do and he'll probably get laughed at too.

Definitely a "Dreamer" or maybe beneficiary of DACA.

Did you read the link I posted or do you prefer making judgment in the absence of evidence?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very sickening

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have a feeling he did not get here on an O1

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Did you read the link I posted or do you prefer making judgment in the absence of evidence?

I read the link and was making a calculated assumption. And, I made no judgment, just commentary. From your link 1.) He is a "Permanent Resident" i.e. Green Card holder, 2.) He is 18 years old, 3.) He was legally admitted on May 31, 2013 when he would have been 16 or, at the very least, a minor. While "Dreamer" may nave been more sarcasm, he appears to fit within the guidlines of DACA. Of course a relative could have petitioned him as well when he was like 3-4 years old given the current processing times for Mexico though that would seem less likely although always a possibility.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Your link spoiled all the fun. People were ready to pop open a new bottle of Jergens and here you come (pun not intended) and destroy their fantasy with facts and evidence to the contrary of their ill formed opinion.

A simple 'No. I didn't' would have conveyed the same notion as the poor and garrulous non-sequitur offered.

I read the link and was making a calculated assumption. And, I made no judgment, just commentary. From your link 1.) He is a "Permanent Resident" i.e. Green Card holder, 2.) He is 18 years old, 3.) He was legally admitted on May 31, 2013 when he would have been 16 or, at the very least, a minor. While "Dreamer" may nave been more sarcasm, he appears to fit within the guidlines of DACA. Of course a relative could have petitioned him as well when he was like 3-4 years old given the current processing times for Mexico though that would seem less likely although always a possibility.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Damn low life. Doesn't really matter if he was legal, he still deserves an injection from the state of Montana.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

A simple 'No. I didn't' would have conveyed the same notion as the poor and garrulous non-sequitur offered.

Actually, I did read it and read some other stuff. If, as has been reported, he had lived with his family for years in Montana and as the link below states "He's lived here basically most of his life," then I would offer an educated guess that he attained his status through DACA. Could be totally wrong though.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MONTANA_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT