cmrobles

BACKGROUND CHECK ON I-129F WAS JUST COMPLETED, DOES THIS MEAN NOA2 SHOULD COME SOON?

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello! - THANK YOU for your time and for your comment a my post/question.

Our I-129F petition was received on December 18, 2014 and it is being processed by the Texas Service Center.

A couple of weeks ago a Tier 2 officer said the case had been in the background unit since April 10, 2015 and that it had not left the background unit as of the day of that call. TODAY (July 31, 2015), I called again and another tier 2 officer said the case was pending the results of either a background, name or security check and that´s why the long wait, and confirmed that the background, name or security check had been completed already and the case is back to normal processing.

Should I be any hopeful to get our NOA2 soon, given that the one thing that was holding the decision was now completed?

I have both senators from my state (MA) inquire on our behalf, but they haven´t gotten a response yet.

The tier 2 officer today was EXTREMELY nice and understanding judged by the common standards She provided a lot of information, such as ¨I see that someone called and is working on your case¨ (I´m thinking maybe the senator´s office staff...) She didn´t say WHEN the case left the background unit, but CONFIRMED it was already OUT OF THERE AND BACK TO NORMAL PROCESSING. She said, ¨give it at least 60 more days and if not call again, but hopefully there would be a decision by Monday which could be.¨

ALL COMMENTS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED. (I was hoping to post something short... then I found myself overly excited...)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your time and comment.

CA and VA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.