Uneks

So glad our K1 interview went well!!! it was approved! !!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I woke up at 4am and got to the embassy at 5:25am. This was my 1st time of being in lagos and I didn't want to experience the much talked about traffic.

At 6:30am, the security guard addressed us and I went through all the security screenings.

After watching and waiting for almost 3 hrs, I heard the young Caucasian lady at window 4 call my name. And here are the questions she asked.

who petitioned for u?

how did u meet?

how many times has he visited u.

how often do you talk.

can u show me pictures and phone logs?

what does he do?

What do u like about him?

where does he live?

when do you intend to travel?

And then she reached for her shelve, handed me two papers and said your visa has been approved. pick up your passport at this location.

I didn't know whether to scream, dance or cry. I was so happy. I had met my fiance on a dating website in 2012 in April 2013 he visited Nigeria the 1st time he ever traveled outside US.He came back in September and proposed. He also visited in 2014. Our petition was filled July 2014.

A long distance relationship is challenging and difficult but our faith in God and genuine love for each other has prevailed. It just takes time and patience.

Kindly note these:

1)The CO are smart so be honest.

2)pictures, phone logs, western union transactions slips, are important. A guy was declined because he didn't have any of these evidence.

3) Be confident and smile,have constant eye contact.

4) Ask them to repeat any questions they ask you that isn't clear to u. Don't assume so u don't give the wrong answer. They will use that against u.

5) if you don't know an answer, don't guess. Just tell them u don't know.

6) Have every information sent in by the petitioner so u don't contradict yourself.

7) most importantly, have faith in God. I sincerely hope that someone finds this helpful as I did with other post from here before my interview. I can't wait to be with the love of my life.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I woke up at 4am and got to the embassy at 5:25am. This was my 1st time of being in lagos and I didn't want to experience the much talked about traffic.

At 6:30am, the security guard addressed us and I went through all the security screenings.

After watching and waiting for almost 3 hrs, I heard the young Caucasian lady at window 4 call my name. And here are the questions she asked.

who petitioned for u?

how did u meet?

how often do you talk.

what does he do?

where does he live?

And then she reached for her shelve, handed me two papers and said your visa has been approved. pick up your passport at this location.

I didn't know whether to scream, dance or cry. I was so happy. I had met my fiance on a dating website in 2012 in April 2013 he visited Nigeria the 1st time he ever traveled outside US.He came back in September and proposed. He also visited in 2014. Our petition was filled July 2014.

A long distance relationship is challenging and difficult but our faith in God and genuine love for each other has prevailed. It just takes time and patience.

Kindly note these:

2)pictures, phone logs, western union transactions slips, are important. A guy was declined because he didn't have any of these evidence.

4) Ask them to repeat any questions they ask you that isn't clear to u. Don't assume so u don't give the wrong answer. They will use that against u.

6) Have every information sent in by the petitioner so u don't contradict yourself.

7) most importantly, have faith in God. I sincerely hope that someone finds this helpful as I did with other post from here before my interview. I can't wait to be with the love of my life.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Month/Day/Year

12/05/2013 - I-130 Sent

12/09/2013 - Priority Date

02/09/2014 - RFE

03/02/2014 - Response to RFE

03/05/2014 - Received RFE

03/11/2014 - NOA2 - Approved

03/28/2014 - NVC Received my case

04/23/2014 - Received Case No and IIN via mail

02/26/2015 - Received email to pay AOS

03/04/2015 - AOS Paid

03/06/2015 - DS261 submitted

03/13/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC

03/16/2015 - NVC Received

03/16/2015 - NVC Scan Date

03/19/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email

03/20/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted :)

04/13/2015 - AOS Checklist :cry:

04/15/2015 - Response to Checklist

04/17/20015 - New Scan Date

05/15/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone :)

05/21/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

Glory be to God in the Highest!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

who petitioned for u?

how did u meet?

how often do you talk.

what does he do?

where does he live?

Kindly note these:

congratulations I just started our process for my fiancé and reading your story gave me so much more hope :) thank you for sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats to both of you!

event.png

Our Journey

K-1 Visa

09/13/2014 - I-129F Sent

09/16/2014 - NOA1

04/08/2015 - NOA2 (204 Days)

04/14/2015 - NVC Received

05/04/2015 - Consulate Received

05/12/2015 - Packet 3 Received

05/13/2015 - Packet 3 Sent

07/08/2015 - Interview - Approved (295 Days)

07/29/2015 - POE - Houston

08/03/2015 - Married

AOS

10/01/2015 - I-485, I-131 and I-765 Sent

10/05/2015 - NOA Receipt

10/26/2015 - Biometrics

12/28/2015 - Filed Service Request For EAD

12/29/2015 - AP/EAD Approved (89 Days)

01/07/2016 - AP/EAD Combo Card Received

02/16/2016 - AOS Approved (137 Days)

02/24/2016 - Green Card Received

ROC

11/18/2017 - ROC 90 day window opens

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

who petitioned for u?

how did u meet?

how often do you talk.

what does he do?

where does he live?

Kindly note these:

Timeline

who petitioned for u?

how did u meet?

how often do you talk.

what does he do?

where does he live?

Kindly note these:

Hello..congrats!! for both of you and sis I would like to ask something about proof of conversation, how did you retrieved them is it by screenshot? thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Jerliane,I printed out a few emails, phone call logs, WhatsApp chats, and BBM chats. They however asked for only the phone call log. just have everything at your disposal.

Edited by Uneks

Timeline

Hello Jerliane,I printed out a few emails, phone call logs, WhatsApp chats, and BBM chats. They however asked for only the phone call log. just have everything at your disposal.

Hello Uneks, thank you so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.