WilliamsVisa

Applying for China Visa to visit girlfriend? Help!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all...I am traveling to China to visit my girlfriend but I need to apply for an entry Visa to China and not sure exactly what I need to do to apply. I will be staying at her apartment and we will be visiting all over to see family and friends. I would be appreciative with some guidance in applying as the embassy site seems vague and I have to travel to the embassy in D.C. to apply!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Bil

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Did you go to this site

http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/lszj/bgxz/P020130830121570742708.pdf

You do not have to visit the embassy. Apply for a F visa.

You pay a little more but you can use some of the online companies if you are in a hurry.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Did you go to this site

http://www.china-embassy.org/chn/lszj/bgxz/P020130830121570742708.pdf

You do not have to visit the embassy. Apply for a F visa.

You pay a little more but you can use some of the online companies if you are in a hurry.

why F visa, not L?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

AP?

Ignore that it was someone hijacking your thread.

Instructions are Here, follow the instructions for the L visa but don't worry too much about the visa type, there is only one application for most visa types. They will give you the visa they want you to have.

Your girlfriend will need to write you an invitation letter, it also helpful to have her send a photocopy of her ID card front and back.

There are lots of agencies that can help you with this if you aren't very confident, they charge a nominal fee and most do a fine job.

I'd wait a couple of months before you come because it's unbearably hot here right now. Good luck.

Timeline

Ignore that it was someone hijacking your thread.

**Hijack post has since been removed.**

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 months later...

http://cibtvisas.com/need-china-visa-search?login=102821&gclid=Cj0KEQjwkeiwBRCzmo-wiKL49pEBEiQAhvGKYXAh6dghIxo1nR2xmFDE5f3cGbBLhM_-G___MOBQDscaAvTE8P8HAQ

I used these guys about 6 times, business visa everytime (F) can stay longer then tourist and its multiple entry, I always expedited, turnaround in about 4-5 business days

dg71gl.jpg8xovp4.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok I'm very confused now...I read the Chinese embassy site and it says I need a letter of invitation and copy of id for my girlfriend but I called visa express an agency that helps get the visa and they told me I do not need a letter because she is not my girlfriend as we have never been together before and I need to make a reservation with a hotel and then cancel after I get the Visa...#######?

Timeline

It sounds like they are trying to give you a hint as to how to get a visa without a lot of official hassle from, or run afoul with, the Chinese Public Security Bureau apparatus. The visa agency likely has processed a "few" visas similar to yours. B-)

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ok I'm very confused now...I read the Chinese embassy site and it says I need a letter of invitation and copy of id for my girlfriend but I called visa express an agency that helps get the visa and they told me I do not need a letter because she is not my girlfriend as we have never been together before and I need to make a reservation with a hotel and then cancel after I get the Visa...#######?

Here is what I did twice. Get a tourist visa, pick a hotel in the city you are visiting, put it as the address. They will not deny it unless you say you are going to tibet or are a reporter or something. Don't mention that you are going to visit someone. btw my second visa was for 10 years, and yours will be since they are all 10 years now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Here is what I did twice. Get a tourist visa, pick a hotel in the city you are visiting, put it as the address. They will not deny it unless you say you are going to tibet or are a reporter or something. Don't mention that you are going to visit someone. btw my second visa was for 10 years, and yours will be since they are all 10 years now.

This is exactly what I did, I booked a hotel for the duration of my stay, and listed it on the Visa application, as well as printed them a copy of the reservation and included it with the app, and then after the Visa was approved I cancelled my hotel reservation. I applied as a tourist, and made no mention of going to visit anyone. Just apply as a Tourist, doing the whole letter of recommendation route is way too much hassle, and has a higher degree of rejection, where as the tourism route is near impossible to be rejected.

Just remember, for an L Visa as a solo tourist without an invitation letter, they also want a copy of your flight itinerary (proof of your purchased plane flight). So you will want to plan the trip well in advance, the average visa process takes 5-10 days (including mailing of the information).

I used http://alliedpassport.com/, while you don't need to use a visa service to obtain the visa, my personal opinion is I recommend one, because if they have an issue, or questions regarding your submission, they aren't going to call you, they are just going to return your packet back and ask for additional information to be sent. With a Visa service, they are your face to face representation, and if additional information is required (it shouldn't be), they can call you, you can fax, or email it to them, and they can provide it back to the embassy same day.

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.