18 posts in this topic

I am a petitioner and just filed for divorce.We got married last year in February, my husband got his conditional GC 4 months ago.Reasons I have filed for divorce:have never meet any of his family, as much as I heard they dont even knoe about. Me, he never called any of them in front of me, his viber was off while home, he didnt like to take pics, has no pics with me, I have added him to my bank account as soon as he came, but he didnt like to add me to his, and majer one-he sended 800 dollars back to home without me knowing while I was paying all bills and mont later I have found out on bank statement he purchase d ticket to go visit home.Called him and asked about and he said its his, and he was planning to tel me 1 or 2 days before thr trip.Also his grandmother passed away, when I asked him why hi was hiding from me, he said-what you have to do with her.So, I know now I was just his visa to get to USA.What I want to know Is is he gonin to be able to remove condition, he has no evidence, no pics of two of us.Do I need to inform Immigrations about all this.Thank you all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

He will find it very difficult to prove an ongoing and legitimate marriage.

These are the types of documents he would need to show to pass ROC: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516836-marriage-proof-documents-for-roc/

If all he has is a joint bank account statement, then I would say quite confidently he will not receive ROC.

Two of the biggest proofs of bona fide marriage are joint lease/mortgage (proving you live together) and wills/powers of attorney.

Let us know some more information about what you do share and we may be able to help you some more.

Sorry to hear about this awful situation.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

He was on my Tmobile family plan but I took him off while hi was back home and didnt call me, not even once at least to let me know hi is fine.Bank account was closed couple months ago.He may have insurance card from last year but I am not sure.He went to visit his home, came back to USA but not at my address.So, I dont think hi has anything, and I was added to his bank account two months prior separation, after arguing about.

Yes, hi can get 2014 jointly filed tax, not even one picture of two us.I know he told some people hi came on work visa.His bank account was never used to pay any of my bills.

Because he used me not just for GC but for money too.Man almost paid of his truck ($56000) in less than a year while I was paying everything, because Iv beleived I was married for two years while he was living doble life.

Already did, so right now there is nothing we have jointly.BTW, when my lawyer called him to come to her office to sign papers for divorce he refused, called me leter that day asking if I would do him a favor to go to USCIS and tel them I am divorcing because I am in love eith other man:(((((

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't let him scare you. He can say whatever. Just push thru with the divorce. Let your lawyer handle it. You don't even have to speak with him, right?

My best advice to you is to divorce him and move on.

Even before you got married you had never met his family nor was there any evidence that you existed to them. You never even heard him speaking with them. This was true BEFORE the marriage and obviously continued throughout. His actions are frankly in line with his oddly secretive nature. But, this is whom you married.

Proving immigration fraud is not easy and is not to be confused with marriage troubles.

Did he use you to get to the US? Sounds likely.

Did he suddenly change once he got here? Not from what you have written.

Can you prove immigration fraud? "I've never met his family (I'm assuming they don't live in the US)", "He sent money back home", "He bought a ticket to visit his country (without telling me)" are proof of a lousy husband, not immigration fraud.

Wash your hands of this man.

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Filed: Timeline

I would not under any circumstances perjure yourself.

He will not have to file for ROC for 18 months, although he could do it at any time. You won't be involved. If divorced he can file with a waiver anytime, but married you must wait until 21 months after GC is issued.

So you will not actually be involved, it will be his petition and his case. You can, if you choose, inform USCIS of the facts as you know them.

USCIS is not going to hold a due-process hearing with cross-examination to figure out what the truth is. They will give your information the credibility it deserves and the same for his.

My strong impression, although this is not official dictum, is that:

a) If he has a strong file of evidence, he will get approved for ROC no matter what you say. Probably he does not though.

b) If he has a weak file, USCIS will go with its gut. If he says how much he adored you and how much you broke his heart by lying and cheating and abusing him, and you say he was distant and cold and never really wanted to be married - they will have to believe one of you. I can't say which it will be. But let's say he tells a great story and they believe him. You have no legal standing to challenge his approval, he will just get it.

In my case, I sent USCIS a detailed 8-page letter addressing the basics - did we cohabitate, did we comingle funds, did we hold ourselves out as man and wife? I'm sure my wife went into her interview and tried to make it all out to be my fault, although heaven only knows what she could have said. If I were them - and of course I'm not - I would think things like "They don't have any wedding pictures, but we can't be sure who kept them from being taken. They don't have comingled funds, but we can't be sure who refused to share. They didn't live together, but we can't be sure who made that difficult. OK, let's look at things that were solely within the wife's control. Did she try to get her professional licenses right after they got married so that she COULD have moved to the USA if they wanted her to? Did she change the beneficiaries on HER retirement and insurance? When they moved in together, the apartment was in her name, what papers did she file with the management to show who she was living with?"

Anyway, the most you can do is inform USCIS of the facts as you know them, then let go of it because you're not going to be involved.

What if I just recorded him today offering me a "deal" to not file for divorce, meanning he would pay me to stay married.Is this enoug evidence?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

What if I just recorded him today offering me a "deal" to not file for divorce, meanning he would pay me to stay married.Is this enoug evidence?

I think if you do that , it will be his K.O .

i really feel sad when i hear things like that while others including me are working so hard to get their beloved one here

good luck

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

• 3 weeks later...

So, here is an update on my situation.I made an infopass with USCIS for today, went there, talked to a Lady on front desk.She told me they have one person only taking care of fraud marriages, she took my ID, went to her office, came back 5 min later.Told me I need to write down everything about my marriage and bring back paper or I can stay there to do it today.She didn't even ask me if I have any prove of fraud.

BtW, my soon to be ex husband called me last week to offer me vacation in Mexico,He wants me to be his mistress.I can't believe people can be cruel like that.

Is there anything else I can do to report him?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.