rnab32

Required documents for Medical

11 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

My fiancee would like to go to her medical next week. However, it looks you now need both the NVC letter with the MNL# and the Interview Appointment Confirmation page per the St. Luke's site for K applicants:

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#kvisa

1. Letter of Case Number
    If Letter of Case Number was received via email, print 3 copies for the principal applicant and 2 copies for each derivative
    • Principal Applicant - original & 2 photocopies
    • Derivative - 2 photocopies

1. Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the U.S. Embassy , if availableIf Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation was received via email, print 3 copies for the principal applicant and 2 copies for each derivative.

We got our MNL# on 7/22 by calling the NVC, but we haven't received their letter yet, hard-copy or email. I emailed the NVC asking for our case number as well, but no reply yet.

Should my fiancee go to her medical without the NVC letter? Should she postpone going until she has the NVC letter? Has anyone gone to their medical recently and can comment on if they are really requiring the NVC letter?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by rnab32

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Hi Everyone,

My fiancee would like to go to her medical next week. However, it looks you now need both the NVC letter with the MNL# and the Interview Appointment Confirmation page per the St. Luke's site for K applicants:

1. Letter of Case Number

If Letter of Case Number was received via email, print 3 copies for the principal applicant and 2 copies for each derivative

1. Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation from the U.S. Embassy , if availableIf Visa Interview Appointment Confirmation was received via email, print 3 copies for the principal applicant and 2 copies for each derivative.

We got our MNL# on 7/22 by calling the NVC, but we haven't received their letter yet, hard-copy or email. I emailed the NVC asking for our case number as well, but no reply yet.

Should my fiancee go to her medical without the NVC letter? Should she postpone going until she has the NVC letter? Has anyone gone to their medical recently and can comment on if they are really requiring the NVC letter?

Thanks in advance!

We have seen many who have used the CEAC print out at SLEC. According to USEM you need EITHER a copy of the letter from NVC with your case number on it OR a copy of your interview confirmation page to complete the medical at SLEC. you may run into resistance with the guards at SLEC who try to push for both, but that is not what is required according you USEM

More here.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thanks Greenbaum!

Using this CEAC site (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?),a small window pops up with status "At NVC" along with our case number displayed under that. Should I have my fiancee print a screenshot of that and bring it to the medical?

Edited by rnab32

ROC:

Thanks Greenbaum!

Using this CEAC site (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?),a small window pops up with status "At NVC" along with our case number displayed under that. Should I have my fiancee print a screenshot of that and bring it to the medical?

Yes.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Thanks again Greenbaum!

ROC:

Thanks again Greenbaum!

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had the same question before. I emailed St. Luke's and this is their respond to it:

"Normally, appointment letter with visa interview date and case number from the US Embassy or NVC is presented to us during the medical examination. However it is your discretion to have the medical examination without the appointment letter, for as long as you know your case number and visa preference category."

I had the same question before. I emailed St. Luke's and this is their respond to it:

"Normally, appointment letter with visa interview date and case number from the US Embassy or NVC is presented to us during the medical examination. However it is your discretion to have the medical examination without the appointment letter, for as long as you know your case number and visa preference category."

That's pretty much what we have been saying. BUT, knowing your case number and visa preference category has never been something that SLEC accepted. We still believe and advocate that the individual attending their medical will provide a copy of the interview confirmation letter/email/webpage printout, OR the NVC letter OR a screen print from CEAC with your MNL#.

BTW, SLEC lists the NVC letter (with case file number) and the appointment confirmation on their website. And recently we have found they are looking for the DS-160 confirmation page (copy) which is requested on the back of the "receipt" for the next day but appears no where on their "required documents".

So, my thought is they still don't know what they want but we know people are processing without a problem with the above required documents.

Thanks, for sharing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

1. Letter of Case Number

Thanks in advance!

Yes, proceed with Medical. My fiancee did not have a letter or the email. Don't wait for the e-mail response either. I emailed on May 31 and got a response from NVC 2 MONTHS later on July 31st (more than 1 1/2 months after her medical). Print out your Interview Confirmation page. Print out the CEAC Status with MNL #. Basically, have what Hank and others recommend above. I'm not sure what worked for my fiancee, but it wasn't a problem.

Edited by Mike&Imelda

Thanks again everyone!

Yeah look like my fiancee will have to go with copies of the Embassy Interview Appointment Confirmation and screenshot of our CEAC Status (Ready) with our MNL#.

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.