MRS1

Confusion over status

3 posts in this topic

I was finally able to get through to the NVC after months of trying. I was told by agent that my wife's application is missing police report, birth certificate, and our marriage certificate, yet I am 100% sure I included them in my package of both financial and civil documents, which I mailed registered via US mail. I was told to resubmit the same by the agent. I never received any email from NVC. I am frustrated beyond description.

YET, on CEAC, my financial and civil documents are both 'N/A.' AOS and IV payments are both 'Paid' status. What could be the explanation for this? I would appreciate any insight or advice. What should be my course of action? Thank you all!

You wouldn't receive an email if someone else is listed as your agent, they would get the email and then they should have notified you. If you have a copy of all the docs you sent the first time around check them closely and then:

1. Call the NVC and ask them if you can request a supervisor to review your files.

2. If they tell you the same thing after the supervisor reviews your case, it could be that they might have received them, but that the docs weren't the ones they wanted (this happened to us and we received 2 checklists), it's very confusing but make sure that both the marriage and birth certificates were legalized and certified in Santiago or Santo Domingo (my husband even went to Santo Domingo to have the certificates sealed with this huge unnecessary and inconvenient seal -"apostillado"), also make sure that the police certificate hadn't expired when you sent it (I believe it's only valid for a month).

3. And always make sure you make copies of everything before you send anything out.

Also, when calling the NVC you have to dial about 15-20 times (one after the other) until you get the correct answering machine, the guys voice changes a bit so you can tell the difference. But it's usually a 40-60 min wait until they finally answer.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Thanks very much for your reply! I called a second time, spoke with a different agent, and was told a supervisor is going to look into the matter.

I did make copies of all the documents, but perhaps I should obtain a new police report if it is indeed valid for limited time. I'm in Higuey now, so I'm very thankful for your reply.

I am the Petitioner and the third- party agent. The scan sheet (or checklist) I received in April stated that the only part missing from our application was/is the IV payment, which was made and the receipt subsequently received. This is what caused me so much confusion--and why I waited so long to check. I thought we were very close to CC. Am glad I did. Thanks very much!

If you can think of anything else, please, please let me know.

Edited by MRS1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.