OmSama

Ap questions... Sorry for the long story

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone!

In July 2014 my husband sent me back to the United States to my father because I had become pregnant and the pregnancy was severely affecting my kidney transplant. We had been living in Cairo and the doctors near us just were not use to seeing women with transplants especially one healthy enough (prior to the 5th month) that could conceive. My husband feared me losing my transplant or worse my life.

To be honest we were never planning on coming making a life in the US. But before the end of July I had filed our I-130 petition and sent it off. I was so sick and doing chemotherapy to save the kidney from further damage and on bed rest as to not lose my daughter. We were in emergency mode... And super naive to the timetable of the immigration process. But thought it would be better to have him come here while I attempted to regain my health.

September 2 rolled around and my daughter was born 2 months early. (Alhamdulilah healthy) our case was approved for an expedite and by September 25th it was approved. It sat somewhere, who the heck knows where, Until November 10 when it was finally received at the NVC. It was approved for an expedition there as well and finished by February 24. My husbands interview was scheduled March 15. At the interview he said it went well minus his TB test was expired by one day and they said the UK never mailed them his Police record.

He received a 221g white form and was asked to submit the missing papers. April 6th the embassy received everything the renewed TB and the police record which said he had no problems at all when he lived in the UK and he has never come in contact with TB. I am still in kidney failure at this time and I am working, caring for our daughter who he has devastatingly never met yet, doing chemotherapy and trying to figure out what we can do. His hands are as tied as my own. We are just wanting to be a family that is responsible for each other, pay our taxes, get healthy and hopefully be in this life long enough to enjoy this blessing.

Has anyone else experienced AP from the embassy in a similar circumstances? What actions are available for the petitioners? I have on Congress woman helping but only emailing them every 60 days. What suggestions do you have? Are there any other websites that are helpful in these circumstances? Our daughter is almost 1 years old now. And I just don't want him to miss anymore steps because he was so excited for our family to be completed by her.

Thank you so much xx

Kathleen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

AP is common for Egyptian males with IV Interviews in Cairo.

Lots of folk have written about it here, at VJ, also.

Have you made a moment to dig in the MENA section here?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hey! I'm sorry for all the tough things ur going through but have hope! Don't get discouraged by the stories of people spending 5 years in AP.

We got a 221g also around 40 days ago and yes the time is very variable. Looking back at other people on this forum the longest time I have EVER seen for Cairo recently is 9 months and some people are less than one month but I have found the average to be around 2months...

The embassy took 2 weeks after mailing in our docs to simply confirm receiving them (before then with a day they answered my email saying my case is pending receipt of the docs) so 2 weeks wasted. I wish there was something we could do but I haven't come upon anything :( Just gotta wait it out sadly

Good luck and isa it will end soon!

Timeline

Hi Teamsami,

Thank you very much for your encouragement and kind words, Alhamdulilah, you have no idea how much it was needed. I have been checking the FBI name check stats and home page. I even found this site to be a bit helpful:

http://britsimonsays.com/administrative-processing-fbi-name-checks/

I hope and pray it can be a bit helpful to others as well. I hope you receive good news soon, Insha'Allah! My husband is desperate for us to be a family, as am I. He literally prayed everyday for our child to be a girl. Subhan'Allah his prayers were answered! I am just hoping that the FBI's page is correct in estimating that 99% of cases are resolved in 120 days, Insha'Allah.

Timeline

Honey you are most welcome :)

My husband checked out ur link and found a lot of insight so THANKS :)

If I may ask when was ur last update on CEAC and did they keep his passport at the interview?

Constant updates on that site are promising. We are so looking forward to getting our status READY --> AP --> and finally ISSUED!!!!!

God bless!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K3 Progress Reports to MENA regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.