Dantrolene

Birth certificate...Original or photocopy..Still uncertain!

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Please for people who are sure because I got a bit confused from disparities in answers... So to make it clear again...

I want to change status from tourist visa to GC through family marriage-based. Regarding the birth certificate, I have only ONE original Birth certificate translated by the department of heatlh and notarized in Egypt, besides the one in my language ( Arabic ). Now when preparing for two packages I-130 and I-485, they need two certificates for each package, the question is, Are sending photocopies enough ? Or the original translated one is a MUST ? If a MUST, what should I do because I have only one as original ? And do I have to attach the one in Arabic too or no need ?

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You should send the photocopies of the original birthcertificate in Arabic along with the original translation. Make two new english translations again from someone who can translate that in English (you can translate but you and your spouse are not allowed to translate, so any other people) You don't need to use the only translation made in your country.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

You should send the photocopies of the original birthcertificate in Arabic along with the original translation. Make two new english translations again from someone who can translate that in English (you can translate but you and your spouse are not allowed to translate, so any other people) You don't need to use the only translation made in your country.

Thanks for your reply.

I am thinking of using the original translated governmental-based birth certificate in my country as the OFFICAL and ORIGINAL one, WITHOUT even attaching the Arabic one. Is that okay ? If this is not okay, who can translate for me, anyone understand Arabic/English or someone should be certified ?

I am still new here and I don't know more details about translators, reach them out, and how much do they charge, etc. Any solutions ?

Basically, you have a birth certificate that is in English that was issued by your country of origin. You do not need to send an Arabic copy or a translation. Only documents that are in a foreign language need to be translated. Do not send the original English birth certificate, send a photocopy.

Basically, you have a birth certificate that is in English that was issued by your country of origin. You do not need to send an Arabic copy or a translation. Only documents that are in a foreign language need to be translated. Do not send the original English birth certificate, send a photocopy.

Exactly, this is what I wanted to say and does make sense as long as I have BC in English issued by my country of origin. Now I can go with your opinion with pinch of salt. Thanks again.

Hello again everybody,

While I am filling my application forms, I got hesitated at these points, hope I can get right answers asap please:

Regarding from I-130,

1- what is Alien registration number ? I don't know how to get this and how to answer ? I am here in US as a tourist.

2- In this part of application ( list spouse and all children of you relative ( info about relative), what does children of your relative mean here ? The US spouse's children ( petitioner ) OR the Alien relative's children (beneficiary) ?

3- In this part of application ( if your relative’s native alphabet is other than roman letters....etc), my native alphabet is Arabic, so I have to fill this space, But I don't have Arabic keyboard, what should I do then ?
4- In this part of application ( if your relative in USA and will apply to adjust status at LOCAL OFFICE in ,.…City,..…State. What does it mean by local office here ? I live in Seattle, WA. Is that correct ?

Regarding form I-485,

1- In part 2 of the application ( I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident because.....?) I am a B1B2 Visa holder and changing status inside the US, I don't see any right choice to pick to my case, other than OTHER. But what to fill correctly ?

Regarding form I-131,

1- The question asking for class of admission, I am a B1/B2 visa holder, but I realized that on my I-94, it says my admission class is as B1.
So what to pick B1/B2 or only B1 ?

2- Date of intended departure and expected length of trip ? I don't have any intention to depart soon, no plans, so how to fill this part ?

3- Proposed travel information. The same I have no plans, so how to fill this part ? Or do you think not submitting this form basically ?

Regarding form I-864,

1- In the part of ( sponsor's household size: Persons Not sponsored in the affidavit: 1- Yourself, 2- If you're currently married; enter 1, dependent children ). Now the question is, does my sponsor count herself ? And my sponsor is married to me, so she enters 1, correct ? My sponsor has 18 year old son, is he considered dependent or not ?

Regarding form G-1145,

1- Should I clip completed E-notification to the first page of EACH application form or ONLY ONE for all ?

Regarding form G-325A,

1- What is meant by maiden name ? Is that like middle name ? What if I don't have one for my mother's name ?
2- Employment last five years. I've never worked before, I was only a STUDENT. Being a full-time student is considered an employment or not ?

Regarding supporting bona fide documents,
1- We have prenuptial agreement, do you think it is a strong supporting document we should attach or Not ?
2- Can I attach my Bachelor Certificate and training program qualifications I've received here in US as a supporting document or Not ?

3- How many wedding pics/ general pics should we send ?

Thank you so much in advance. All responses are appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.