shebonn40

Visa interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I am currently waiting on my interview date for Honduras. My case was closed by NVC on June 23rd. My husband has had 3 deportations and has a 20 year ban. I have been to Honduas 3 times and have been sending him money for 2 years. I was involved in a major vehicle accident which has affected my work and I now have a handicap license. I have 2 doctor notes explaining my health. We have been together for 11 years and married for 2 years. I am going to Honduras for the interview. Should I bring all my letters from the doctors and I will I will able to move to the front of the line with my handicap license? I am praying that we get a waiver. Do my chances look better since my health has declined so much in the past year? Also where is a good place to stay in Honduras by the embassey? We plan on staying for a few days is there anything to see? How much money should I send him for the medical exam? I have done all of the paperwork myself and don't want to mess anything up. Will there interview me too or just him? I know I have asked a lot of questions but if anyone has an answers I would greatly appreciate it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like he is 9C, when was the last deportation.

Do you have your waivers prepared, a Lawyer involved?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I have a lawyer that helped me fill out the questions that I was unsure about. If I am offered the waivers, I am going to get him to help me fill them out. My husband does not have any felonies. The only thing that he has against him is entering the country illegally. My lawyer says that I have a very good chance at waivers because of my health. I can show proof of all of my hardships. What is a 9c?

Timeline

Firstly to make sure we are not missing anything you need to list all his entries and departures.

Entering the US illegally after being deported is a Felony.

Did you go through his history with the Immigration lawyer?

There is one waiver for illegal presence, another for deportations and waivers are much more than a form.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I sent off for FOIA and and then got every police report sent to me where he had been picked up. I filled out the visa application with the help of an attorney.

I sent off for FOIA and and then got every police report sent to me where he had been picked up. I filled out the visa application with the help of an attorney.

Timeline

Is there a reason you do not want to answer the questions? No need to do so, but then you can not expect any help.

Timeline

I do have a lawyer involved. We went over all of his history before I sent everything off and filled out the visa. I have started working on the waivers. I have almost finished my hardship letter. I am going to his interview in Honduras. I am scared that he won't be offered any waivers. I guess that is why I am hesitant to start working on the waivers. I don't want to spend a ton of money on lawyer fees. If I am offered these waivers I will hire one. Everything I have learned about the immigration process is reading books and reading forums. I would appreciate any advice I can get.

His last deportation was August 30, 2014.

Timeline

Firstly to make sure we are not missing anything you need to list all his entries and departures.

This

Timeline

I have made a list of all of his entries starting in 1994. It was difficult, but I managed to track all of his activity from his FOIA file and police records.

Timeline

OK

If he is 9C then you will not be able to file waivers until he has been out of the US for 10 years and I can not tell without knowing the dates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.