iandunross

us embassy Bangkok

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I m working with a lawyer. Very few updates from him. That's why I wanted to call the embassy. So I don't know about packet 3. All I know is that on August 3 embassy received nvc packet. And on August 6 th the website says that case is ready for the interview

You can email the IV Unit in US Embassy in BKK , they usually respond in 2-3 business days.

You can email the IV Unit in US Embassy in BKK , they usually respond in 2-3 business days.

It took them 16 days to get back to me on one email, though it was more feedback and not a question. Even so, the idiot at the embassy who responded didn't even read the email. His or her answer was completely off the mark.

Two other emails I sent took 3-5 days for them to respond. It is not ideal and now it looks like they have removed their phone number from the site. All they post now is a general citizen number, no number for the IV unit. They did have one I called once.

10/11/2009 - Met in Thailand

12/30/2009 - Moved in together

I-129F (For Petitioner)

03/17/2015 - Mailed to US from Thailand

04/03/2015 - NOA1, Received at USCIS

04/07/2015 - Email saying routed to CSC

05/05/2015 - NOA2

06/02/2015 - Shipped to BNK Embassy

06/08/2015 - Finally got through to NVC and found out package had been shipped 6 days before.

Visa Application Process at Embassy for Fiance

06/09/2015 - Embassy received package.

06/15/2015 - Received Packet #3 in the mail. This is where I noticed the receving stamp from the Embassy.

08/08/2015 - Mailed Packet #3 (intentionally delayed)

08/09/2015 - Packet #3 received at Embassy

08/10/2015 - Received email from Embassy with appointment date of Aug 26th

08/26/2015 - Given passport back with 221(g) requesting more information to prove "Domicile"

------------ - We had a long voluntary delay for our own purposes which forced us to get another medical.

02/18/2016 - VISA APPROVED

03/04/2016 - Fiance arrived at LAX

03/14/2016 - Married

04/02/2016 - Mailed AOS to Chicago after getting certified copies of our Marriage Certificate

04/08/2016 - Immigration acknowledged receipt of all 4 forms via email and cashed the check for $1070

05/12/2016 - Boimetrics done.

07/25/2016 - Interview

08/01/2016 - Received 2-year GREEN CARD

04/24/2018 - Filed I-751 "Remove Conditions"

05/31/2018 - Rec'd NOA of I-751 filing  NOTE: Yes, it took that long

05/01/2019 - email to check status which said card was mailed

05/02/2019 - email to check status which said "Case Approved"

05/08/2019 - Received 10-Year GC in mail today.  Done!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

so glad I found this topic :D though not a lot of VJ members (thai) are IR5 :/ I was just wondering how long it usually takes to get an interview date after case complete. Next month will be 1 year already after sending I-130 ughhhhhhh

:( :(

Timeline

Sorry to hear that. That's very long.

It all depends what crevice center your documents will be sent to. Mine got transferred to California and it took 3 weeks for me to get approved ( NOA2). I have read stories where it takes 8 months to get NOA2.

it's been six months all together since I filed all the documents. I m hoping that we will have an interview this September. So 7 months total hopefully

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My fiancee did not receive packet 3, but nvc site says ready for 2 weeks now. Packet 3 online doesn't have mailing instructions. Could someone please provide to me?

We can do it.

event.png

Timeline

My fiancee did not receive packet 3, but nvc site says ready for 2 weeks now. Packet 3 online doesn't have mailing instructions. Could someone please provide to me?

do not wait for packet 3 in the mail, it's useless to wait

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/591452/iv/k_instruction_packet_3.pdf

all documents should be mailed to (EMS is the best way)

U.S. Embassy Bangkok

Consular Section, Immigrant Visa Unit

120-122 Wireless Road, Lumpini

Bangkok 10330

Did you get your case number?

Timeline

Yes we have a case number. Do we need to address to the attention of someone? Or include case number somewhere?

Can only make it to attention to : U.S. Embassy Bangkok Consular Section, Immigrant Visa Unit

My lawyer did all the work but I would put beneficiary's name and case number (BNK....) on every page, top right hand corner or something.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.