DydyLo

Ds 260 waiting to be reviewed

166 posts in this topic

Same here! We sent AOS packet in March, was finally able to fill out DS260 on 5 Jul. We had been calling NVC many times to make sure nothing was missing. Yet, only until recently a CSR told us that my birth certificate was missing (which no one had told us before). Our case is now pending for a supervisor review which I truly doubt. I really don't know what to do now :(

Hi Flora, Hi everyone,

I discovered that the birth certificate and marriage certificate must be official, and thus acquired from only one location (in our case, Santo Domingo). At least this is my strong suspicion because the agent could not identify the specific reason. He merely saith that the marriage and birth certificates were either lost or in sufficient. I then deducted that I should have gotten the said certificates from Santo Domingo months ago, but I failed to understand that this was required. This is where an immigration attorney would have been a big help to me. I'm now sorry that I didn't hire one, because no matter how careful and detail oriented one is, mistakes can easily be made and the NVC is not capable of pointing out errors. You have to learn these things as you go. Make sure the certificates are from the DESIGNATED AND REQUIRED LOCATION!.

Yes... That actually makes sense...
But the problem is, I was not born in HK where I am supposed to have my interview. ( I was born in China and moved to HK when I was 5)
I guess there's really nothing I can do in my case then?

Same here! We sent AOS packet in March, was finally able to fill out DS260 on 5 Jul. We had been calling NVC many times to make sure nothing was missing. Yet, only until recently a CSR told us that my birth certificate was missing (which no one had told us before). Our case is now pending for a supervisor review which I truly doubt. I really don't know what to do now :(

Hi Flora, Hi everyone,
I discovered that the birth certificate and marriage certificate must be official, and thus acquired from only one location (in our case, Santo Domingo). At least this is my strong suspicion because the agent could not identify the specific reason. He merely saith that the marriage and birth certificates were either lost or in sufficient. I then deducted that I should have gotten the said certificates from Santo Domingo months ago, but I failed to understand that this was required. This is where an immigration attorney would have been a big help to me. I'm now sorry that I didn't hire one, because no matter how careful and detail oriented one is, mistakes can easily be made and the NVC is not capable of pointing out errors. You have to learn these things as you go. Make sure the certificates are from the DESIGNATED AND REQUIRED LOCATION!.

Congrats! Yours is Soooooooooooo fast!

May I know how long it took for a supervisor to review your case?

Yep... I've gotten a few of those... I just dialed back again and tried another... You can even request a supervisor review ( which is what I did ). We were Case Closed this morning... I checked the status and seen N/A where it used to say paid... I called up and was told case closed... Awaiting for a interview date...?. Your day is coming soon... Just keep checking

Yes... That actually makes sense...

But the problem is, I was not born in HK where I am supposed to have my interview. ( I was born in China and moved to HK

when I was 5)

I guess there's really nothing I can do in my case then?

Flora,

Have you thought about speaking with an attorney about your birth certificate?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats! Yours is Soooooooooooo fast!

May I know how long it took for a supervisor to review your case?

It took us 28 days for the supervisor review... But some people work faster then others so you never know... The person doing your review could be on vacation... So it's hard to judge one case to another....

Nope.. no updates. I've called NVC 3 of the past 4 days.

Each time its "..sir, we are reviewing , we do not have a timframe. We'll email you once review is complete..". And "..we don't know which supervisor has your case, sir..".

Let us know if you have better luck calling.. maybe I'm doing something wrong.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

hey kierenHby, any updates on your supervisor review? i am sulkingly calling nvc again to talk to a sup .... no idea if i will get one but trying.

Are you in Sup review also? Any checklists?

When did you submit ds260?

Delhi has a long wait ahead, sadly, my friend. :clock:

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am in the same boat as you and wondering what I did wrong to end up in the supervisor review.

I sent my docs june 3rd and july 6th ended up with a checklist for ds-260. docs are supposedly all there and no checklist for any items. just waiting on the ds-260 review.

I filled up ds-260 on july 5th as soon it became available.

today one of the CSRs told me that it takes 30 business days and not 30 days for review and given everything i refuse to believe him. I plan to call them tomorrow at 4am again (I am on the west coast) and see if I can get to talk to a supervisor. so far I have two requests in the system for a supervisor call back so I am not sure if they were call back or they ever work :)

you are lucky your i-130 got routed to vermont, i had to suck up a 6 month wait period at nebraska yuck yuck yuck..... hopefully we will be out of the mess soon.

Should have hired an attorney from the very beginning... :(

Question: should I find one here in HK or in the U.S.?

Flora,

Have you thought about speaking with an attorney about your birth certificate?

Right... But it's such a comfort that they actually do review cases, within 30 days as promised in your case.

Had you ever succeeded in talking to a supervisor while you were waiting for the review?

It took us 28 days for the supervisor review... But some people work faster then others so you never know... The person doing your review could be on vacation... So it's hard to judge one case to another....

Should have hired an attorney from the very beginning... :(

Question: should I find one here in HK or in the U.S.?

Hi Flora,

Me too. I would have saved at least four or five months. But all looks good now. Am returning to the Dominican Republic to get my wife's birth certificate and our marriage certificate legalized in Santo Domingo.

As for an attorney, I would check where ever you are living at present. I have an immigration attorney here in Boston who is excellent. She advised me ex post facto without any charge. Let me know if you want her name and number.

Good things will happen. Have faith.

Any body got a cc lately? For me, After 39 days of waiting to get my ds 260 get reviewed. My case went to supervisor review. That's another 42 days according to the agent. Patience patience patience...

Any body got a cc lately? For me, After 39 days of waiting to get my ds 260 get reviewed. My case went to supervisor review. That's another 42 days according to the agent. Patience patience patience...

Call and try talking to the supervisor directly that's what i read at VJ several times. Hope it works for you as well. They can do the review over the phone, if you are on supervisor review!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hraja is right, DydyLo, call and try to speak directly to a supervisor.

We submitted our ds 260 on July 5....on August 6 I called NVC and they put us on supervisor review.

We kept trying to reach a live supervisor since then, and on August 14 my husband got hold of one and got our case completed! Saw 3 N/As on August 15(yesterday)! ....it works!

Try get hold of a supervisor in the coming week.

I wish you all the best.

Edited by Pand0ra

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.