ny2016

Help with Brazil police reports!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance is from Sao Paulo and I read that he needs 2 police reports, one from federal police and one from state. He got the Certidão de Antecedentes Criminais from federal police but the US embassy website also says he needs a report from state police with all previous addresses for the past 6 years. He's called everyone and nobody in Brazil knows what this is! Help PLEASE!!!

Here is the page that says this...

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview/forms-for-fiancee-visas.html

N&Y

End is not the end, in fact E.N.D is

"Effort Never Dies" and if you get NO in

an answer, then remember NO is

"Next Opportunity". Always be positive.

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi,

he needs the Antecedentes Criminais from the Secretaria de Segurança Pública from each state he lived in the last 5/6 years. Normally you get this document from the Policia Civil (State Police), but in order to get those he'll need to have the state ID for each state first. Tell him to go to a Delegacia and ask how to get. I needed to get in Santa Catarina and Paraná and after a talk with the police officers explaining why I needed the documents fast, the issued the documents in the same day (after I paid the fee at the bank - USD 2). Each state has a different system, so your fiancé will need to check the specifics where he lived. Few states even make it possible to get the document online.

If you tell me the states he lived in the last few years I can give you specific links with instructions.

EDIT: It seems in São Paulo you can get it online: http://www.ssp.sp.gov.br/servicos/atestado.aspx

Just fill the form with the information from his São Paulo State ID and you'll be done. Did he live in any other state?

Joster

Edited by jostermacedo

Timeline

Thank you so much! He's only lived in SP so that makes it easy...

N&Y

Timeline

The link you sent me...he did that online and it was only the criminal report. Nothing about past addresses...

N&Y

Timeline

So that's the only report you needed from the police?

N&Y

Timeline

Yes! One for each state I lived in. In my case I presented one for Santa Catarina, one for Paraná and the one from the Federal Police.

I attached the Paraná certificate in this reply.

post-199548-0-39587500-1438029027_thumb.jpg

Timeline

Okay great...he has this! Obrigada! We are about halfway finished with the I-129 packet. Do you mind if I message you in the future with questions?

N&Y

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you have your interview date scheduled already? You'll need the police certificates (antecedentes criminais) with a date closer to the interview.

As was previously pointed, you usually can get them online.

Edited by Anapr

Timeline

Do you have your interview date scheduled already? You'll need the police certificates (antecedentes criminais) with a date closer to the interview.

As was previously pointed, you usually can get them online.

The police certificates are accepted for one year from the issue date even if they are expired in Brazil (normally are valid only for 90 days). My interview was in May/2015 and my police certificate was from December 2014.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The police certificates are accepted for one year from the issue date even if they are expired in Brazil (normally are valid only for 90 days). My interview was in May/2015 and my police certificate was from December 2014.

Yeah, I said that because on paper the validity is 90 days. And if they don't have an interview date scheduled, and since the police certificates can be obtained online, I'd get them closer to the actual interview date.

My bad, I should've written "you'll WANT the police certificates (antecedentes criminais) with a date closer to the interview". I'm the cautious type, so that's my suggestion.

Edited by Anapr

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

We recently had our interview scheduled and got the interview letter. On the list of required documents, the have listed the following documents needed under the category that says: "The NVC only received a photocopy of the document. You must present the original document at the time of your interview".

10 - BRAZIL CIVIL POLICE CERTIFICATE

10 - BRAZIL FEDERAL POLICE CERTIFICATE

Those documents are all issued online and that's what we submitted to the NVC before. We are confused what they mean by "original documents" if those are generated by an online system. Do I really need to go to the Federal and Civil police in person and have them print and sign me those?!

By the way, these are the certificates we have issued online and within the last year:

- POLÍCIA CIVIL - SECRETARIA DE ESTADO DE SEGURANÇA PÚBLICA E DEFESA SOCIAL (Espirito Santo)

- POLICIA FEDERAL - CERTIDAO DE ANTECEDENTES CRIMINAIS

I-130 for Spouse

USCIS

10/14/2014 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

10/22/2014 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

04/01/2015 - NOA2 (161 days)

NVC

04/16/2015 - NVC Received

04/23/2015 - Case # assigned / DS-261 completed

04/24/2015 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

04/30/2015 - AOS+IV packages mailed

05/04/2015 - AOS+IV packages received (scan date)

05/15/2015 - IV fee money order payment confirmed

06/03/2015 - Checklist received: missing DS-260 form

06/19/2015 - DS-260 available online and submitted

07/31/2015 - Case Complete (107 days from arriving @NVC or 89 days from scan date)

Embassy

08/25/2015 - Scheduled interview

09/21/2015 - Interview, approved!

10/02/2015 - Passport received

10/04/2015 - POE! (348 days from NOA1)

Timeline

No. No need to get in person if they issued the document online. There is an specific comment in US Consulate in Rio that they accept online issued police certificates.

I presented the Policia Federal and Paraná State certificates that were issued online with no issues whatsoever.

Joster

post-199548-0-99961800-1441647538_thumb.jpg

Edited by jostermacedo

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.