92 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I almost did that. I was going to meet with my lawyer to do it and the same day I received the interview notification. My lawyer said let's wait and see what will happen with the interview. My interview is May11 and EAD expires on July 21.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Denver filers? Any news about your interview? I am still waiting since June 9 my noa1 and case ready to be scheduled for interview since July 10 :(

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
7 JUNE 2015 - AOS/EAD/AP PACKET SENT VIA NEXT DAY UPS
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)
10 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP (priority date)
19 JUNE 2015 - BIOMETRIC LETTER RECEIVED
01 JULY 2015 - BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT (WEDNESDAY)
02 July 2016 - Interview (acceptance) 
10 July 2016 - GC received (conditional)
31 March 2018 - I751 filed (removal of conditions)
10 April 2018 - NOA received for Removing of conditions.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my experience (marriage based case). My priority date is May 4th, 2015 and I had my interview yesterday May 11,2016 in Denver office. The interview was really good and we were approved in the spot. The immigration officer was really nice and very professional. When we started the interview he was a little bit serious but after 5 mins he started to be funny. He was very prepared and I think he studied our case well before we met with him because he only asked few questions (date of birth, names of my wife and I...) after that he turned to me and said can you please tell me your story from the time you started dating till now. I answered to him and I tried to be funny a little bit as he started too and from that moment you can see that he is going to approve our case. After i finished telling him our story he started asking me yes/no questions. After that he asked if we have joint documents we want to share with him and my lawyer gave him everything we prepared before (joint account, insurance, bills, pictures...) he was satisfied with that and he said guys I approve your case and congratulations.

The whole interview took around 30 mins. My advice be yourself and confident, everything is going to be fine.

Thank you guys for sharing your experiencesite and good luck for the guys waiting for their interviews.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi Denver filers? Any news about your interview? I am still waiting since June 9 my noa1 and case ready to be scheduled for interview since July 10 :(

Hi Wiss7,

I'm in the same situation, I got NOA1 since June 1, then got a "Notice of potential interview waiver case" in September, and waited since then, no news from USCIS at all. My EAD will be expired soon, filed renewal documents to Chicago lockbox, no response after 2 weeks, even no receipt confirmation!! This is driving me crazy. Nothing works. Called service center couple time, got the same response over and over again "keep waiting".

One thing draw my attention is my case status on USCIS website shows they got my "response to our Request for Evidence" on November 4th 2015, which I never got a letter request for evidence and I never sent anything to USCIS. This makes worried that it might slow down my case due to their mistakes.

Really frustrating right now. Hope we will get some news soon.

Timeline

I also made an info pass appointment for April 7th. This office is really bad I don't know how they do their jobs. My priority date is May 4th and I called temperature and went to theiron office and they told me my case is not in outside normal time. It's very frustrating

Hi There,

Can I ask what is priority date? My family based (K1) AOS is pending, but on my I-485 receipt, the priority date is empty, does it mean I don't have priority date? My noa1 is June 1 though, does it considered as priority date?

Did you get your green card yet? My case is "potential interview waiver case", has been waiting since Sept 2015 when I got that letter, still no update at all. This is get more and more frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Hi There,

Can I ask what is priority date? My family based (K1) AOS is pending, but on my I-485 receipt, the priority date is empty, does it mean I don't have priority date? My noa1 is June 1 though, does it considered as priority date?

Did you get your green card yet? My case is "potential interview waiver case", has been waiting since Sept 2015 when I got that letter, still no update at all. This is get more and more frustrating.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dan,

I still didn't receive my green card, my online is showing case is approved but hopefully I get it this week.

I will say make an info pass appointment and go tell them your story. I tired to call the customer service and I always got the same answer (please wait). Info pass appointment will help you to meet with an official from the office and he might call or check the status of your case.

My priority date was May 4th, 2015 and I received interview date on April 6th.

Please let me know if you have a question.

Thanks

Timeline

Hi Dan,

I still didn't receive my green card, my online is showing case is approved but hopefully I get it this week.

I will say make an info pass appointment and go tell them your story. I tired to call the customer service and I always got the same answer (please wait). Info pass appointment will help you to meet with an official from the office and he might call or check the status of your case.

My priority date was May 4th, 2015 and I received interview date on April 6th.

Please let me know if you have a question.

Thanks

Thank you for your response! I will meet USCIS officers on May 24th, hopefully they will have answers for my questions.

Denver is really slow, especially for interview waiver case, I'm really frustrating right now.

Hope you will get your green card soon!

Timeline

I totally understand your frustration, I was too, I had to wait a whole year to hear from them. Denver is the slowest office in the country. Good luck with your appointment and just be patient and everything will be fine :)

Thank you for your response! I will meet USCIS officers on May 24th, hopefully they will have answers for my questions.

Denver is really slow, especially for interview waiver case, I'm really frustrating right now.

Hope you will get your green card soon!

Hey Dan,

I didn't get potential interview waiver notice. I got that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview since July 9 and still its not yet scheduled! Filed for another EAD as mine will also expire soon

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE
09 JUNE 2015 - RECEIVED NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP --> ROUTED TO NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER (priority date)

Timeline

Hi,

I just wanted to know how long did you wait to receive your green card after approval. I got approved on May 11 however I didn't receive my green card. Can you please share your experience.

Everything went well. Just a note, that was AOS for my parent, not K1 adjustment. So it could be different experience than for spouses.

Our interview was scheduled for 10am. We were called to the room at 11:50am. We left the office at 12:10pm. My guess they scheduled March 23 appointments for March 24th because the office was closed on March 23 due to snow storm. Therefore, we had such delay to be called.

I was asked whether I will be interpreting for my mom--apparently I should have completed some type of form which I did not. So I did completed the form at the beginning of interview. The officer took an oath and went over questions on the application like date of birth, name, kids, divorced/widowed, any past involvement with drugs, prostitution, political parties etc. Officer asked whether we received SSN, which we did but we did not have the number with us. She said it was ok.

Then the officer stated that no medical exam is needed (bummer because we did one just in case). She stated my affidavit of support was approved and that my mom is approved for Green Card and is considered a permanent resident beginning today even though the green card will be delivered by mail in 2-3 weeks.

We watched other people at the waiting room - mostly couples, all of them left happy. I did not notice anybody be upset. So i guess everybody had good experience.

I have received a txt message confirming the approval of the application while on the way to home.

That's pretty much all.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi,

I just wanted to know how long did you wait to receive your green card after approval. I got approved on May 11 however I didn't receive my green card. Can you please share your experience.

Hello HR5,

First of all, congratulations with approval! To our big surprise, the green card arrived in less than 7 days--something like 4 or 5 days from the date of interview. Are you still waiting for yours?

------

I-130 (as part of IR-5 process) - USCIS (Nebraska Service Center)

06/09/14 - sent I-130

06/14/14 - NOA 1

11/14/14 - NOA 2 (5 months)

AOS (Local Office: Denver)

03/24/15 - AOS packet sent via USPS Priority Mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131 w/ approved I-130)

03/26/15 - package delivered according to USPS website

04/01/15 - email notifying the AOS package has been received

04/02/15 - an AOS fee withdrawn from a bank account

04/09/15 - received hard copies of all three NOAs (NOAs dated 04/01/15)

04/28/15 - Biometrics

05/08/15 - online status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

05/18/15 - online status changed to I-765 approved-wait the card in the mail (no change for I-131) (80 days)

05/19/15 - received EAD/AP in the mail

05/28/15 - online status changed to "As of June 28, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." This is the second time of such change since 05/08/15.

07/05/15 - online status changed to "As of July 5, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview." How many times are they going to update that status, I wonder?

12/18/15 - still waiting!!! For almost 9 months now (261 days from AOS NOA, 234 days from Biometrics).

01/14/16 - submitted "out-of-normal processing time" inquiry and called USCIS that stated the case is still at NBC and "inquiry" should answer why there is such delay.

01/15/16 - 294 days since the AOS was received by the USCIS; 262 days from the biometrics.

01/28/16 - [day 309] received response to case status inquiry (processed on 01/23/15) - "your case is waiting to be scheduled for interview," so wait another 90 days [sigh].

02/21/16 - [day 332] interview scheduled for 03/24/16 [363 days from the receipt of petition].

02/24/16 - [day 363] AOS interview. Approval on the spot.

Timeline

Thank you OlenkaKyiv for your answer. I am still waiting for it, it's almost 2 weeks from the approval date and my online status is still saying case is approved and will send you notice letter by mail. I tried to call them many times but they didn't help at all.

Did your onlinexpensive status changed to card produced or mailed before you received it?

I am so frustrated because of this long process, it's taking too long.

Hello HR5,

First of all, congratulations with approval! To our big surprise, the green card arrived in less than 7 days--something like 4 or 5 days from the date of interview. Are you still waiting for yours?

any news from June 2015 Denver Filers??

1 June 2015 - MARRIAGE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

How I can find out if my case has been transferred to local office or if it is still with National Benefits Center? I applied for AOS in Januray 2016

K1 5.5 MONTHS & AOS 9.5 MONTHS & ROC 12 MONTHS

Spoiler

K1 5.5 MONTHS

1-129F Filed: 05-29-2015 |||  NOA 1: 06-05-2015  ||| NOA 2: 07-23-2018  |||  NVC Received: 08-20-2015  ||| NVC Left: 05-25-2015 ||| Consulate Received: 05-28-2015  ||| Packet 3 Received: 09-04-2015  ||| Packet 3 Sent: 09-05-2015 ||| Medical Interview: 09-09-2015  ||| Packet 4 Received: 09-25-2015 ||| Interview Date: 10-16-2015 ||| Visa Received: 10-16-2015 |||

US Entry: 11-14-2015 

AOS 9.5 MONTHS

AOS Filed: 01-13-2016 ||| AOS Package delivered: 01-19-2016 (Day 1) ||| NOA1 Hard Copy: 01-29-2016 (Day 11) ||| Biometrics Letter: 02-08 2016 (Day 21) ||| Biometrics appointment: 02-16-2016 (Day 29) ||| EAD Approved: 03-30-2016 (Day 71) ||| AP Approved: 03-31-2016 (Day 72) ||| EAD 'Card mailed' update: 04-04-2016 (Day 76) ||| EAD/AP Combo card received: 04/06/2016 (Day 78) ||| AOS Interview Notice: 09-09-2016 ||| AOS Interview: 10-12-2016 ||| AOS Approval: 10-12-2016 |||  AOS Card Mailed: 10-17-2016

ROC 12 MONTHS

ROC Filed: 08-25-2018 ||| ROC Package delivered: 08-28-2018 (Day 1) ||| Check cashed: 09-27-2018 (Day 30) ||| NOA1 Text and E-mail: 09-28-2018 (Day 31) ||| USCIS Agent Filed a Request for Missing Document: 10-22-2018 (Day 55) ||| E-mail notification that my NOA was mailed on 10-22: 10-24-2018 (Day 57) NOA1 Hard Copy: 2018-10-25 (Day 58) ||| Fingerprint Fee Was Received On September 27, 2018 : 02-25-2019 (Day 181) ||| Biometrics Letter: 06-01-2019 (Day 276) ||| Biometrics appointment: 06-12-2019 ||| New card being produced: 08-12-2019 ||| Card picked up by USPS: 08-16-2019 

N-400 Timeline

N-400 Filed: 10-01-2020 (Online)

NOA: 10-11-2020

Biometrics Reuse Letter: 01-21-21

Notice for scheduled interview: 02-18-21

Interview: 03-18-21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.