qfbariza

Please review my checklist for concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 from F-1 VISA

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

I am applying for AOS based on marriage to U.S citizen. I am a citizen of Mexico in a current and valid F-1 VISA (visa expires in 2016, I-20 in 2017), the last time I entered to the country was on April 2015 (using F-1 VISA). But, I came to study on 2012. I met my now wife in late 2012, started dating in January 2013 and got living together on May 2015, and got married on June 2015.

I am applying concurrently for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 and I will be sending this week or early next week my application to the Chicago Lock box.

Could you please check my general checklist/cover letter and one checklist/ cover letter for each package (total 4)? I am omitting some personal details for safety.

Also what is the best submission method? to the P.O box or courier address?

Is it fine to just use paper clips and put each package in different folders, and then submit all in one big envelope/box? Thanks in advance

General Cover Letter

Our names

Our address

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Date

Petitioner: U.S citizen name

Beneficiary: immigrant name

Nature of the Submission: Concurrent Filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) with I-485 (Application to Adjust Status), I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), and I-131 (Application for Travel Document).

To whom it may concern,

Please kindly find enclosed the following forms, payment, and supporting documents for "my name" (citizen of Mexico in valid F-1 status) Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status Application. The general contents are as follow (individual separate cover letters with details are included in their respective packages):

1. Two checks: one for $420.00 (I-130 application fee) and other for $1,070.00 (I-485 application fee and biometrics service fee)

2. I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

3. I-485 Application to Adjust Status

4. I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

5. I-693 Application for Travel Authorization

Thank you for your consideration of the above application. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding this adjustment application packet.

Sincerely,

Names and Signatures of petitioner and beneficiary

Cover letter I-130

Petitioner name

Our address

Petitioner's phone #

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Date

Petitioner (U.S. citizen): U.S citizen name

Beneficiary: immigrant name

Nature of the Submission: I-130 Petition for Alien Relative (concurrent filing with I-485, I-765, and I-693)

To whom it may concern,

Please kindly find enclosed the form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for my husband " immigrant name" (citizen of Mexico currently in the U.S, in valid F-1 status) and supporting documents. The contents are as follows:

1. Check for $420 (Filling fee for I-130)

2. Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative with an attachment sheet

4. Copy of Petitioner’s U.S. Birth Certificate

5. Copy of Petitioner’s U.S. Passport (all pages)

6. Copy of Petitioner’s Driver License

7. Copy of Petitioner’s Social Security Card

8. Copy of Marriage Certificate

9. One recent passport-style color picture of the Petitioner

10. G-325A, Biographic Information filled by Petitioner

11. One recent passport-style color picture of the Beneficiary

12. G-325A, Biographic Information filled by Beneficiary

13. Copy of Beneficiary’s Mexican Birth Certificate and Certified and Notarized Translation

14. Copy of Beneficiary’s Mexican Passport including F-1 VISA and stamps (all pages)

15. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-20

16. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-94 and Travel History

17. Copy of Beneficiary’s Driver License

18. Copy of Beneficiary’s Social Security Card

19. Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage:

a) Copy of car title, showing joint ownership

b) Copy of rental lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence

c) Copies of electricity bills showing joint account of utility bill of the house

d) Copy of car insurance statement showing joint insurance account

e) Copies of Chase and Wells Fargo bank statements showing co-mingling of financial resources

f) Notarized affidavit of bona fide marriage sworn by sister of the petitioner

g) Notarized affidavit of bona fide marriage sworn by mother of the petitioner

h) Selection of pictures that document the relationship

i) Copy of wedding announcement card sent to family and friends

j) Evidence of trips together:

Trip 1, date 2: copies of airplane ticket confirmations

Trip 2, date 2: copies of airplane ticket confirmations

Trip 3, date 3: copies of airplane ticket confirmation, meal tickets, shuttle transportation confirmation ticket, hotel bill

Trip 4, date 4: copies of airplane ticket confirmations

Trip 5, date 5: copies of car rental bill and hotel bill

k) Selection of love letters that document the relationship:

Love letters from Petitioner to Beneficiary:

Love letters form Beneficiary Petitioner:

l) Selection of letters received to our current address with both of our names

m) Selection of proof of gifts to each other: copies of tickets.

n) Selection of proof of activities together: concert order confirmations

Thank you for your consideration of the above application. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding this adjustment application packet.

Sincerely,

Names and signatures of both

Cover letter I-485

Immigrant name

Address

Immigrant's phone number

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Date

Beneficiary: Immigrant's name

Nature of the Submission: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (concurrent filing with I-130, I-765, and I-693)

To whom it may concern,

Please kindly find enclosed the form I-485 and supporting documents. My eligibility is based on concurrent filing of I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) from U.S citizen spouse, and I am currently in valid F-1 status in the U.S. The contents are as follows:

1. Check for $1,070.00 (Filling fee for I-485 and biometric services fee)

2. Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3. Form I-1485, Application to Adjust Status

4. Copy of Marriage Certificate

5. Copy of Beneficiary’s Mexican Birth Certificate with Certified and Notarized Translation

6. Copy of Beneficiary’s Mexican Passport including F-1 VISA and stamps (all pages)

7. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-94 and Travel History

8. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-20

9. Copy of Beneficiary’s Driver License

10. Copy of Beneficiary’s Social Security Card

11. Two recent passport-style color picture of the Beneficiary (attached to G-325A)

12. G-325A, Biographic Information Filled by Beneficiary

13. I-693, Medical Examination of the Beneficiary completed by a civil surgeon, in a sealed (unopened) envelope

14. G-325A, Biographic Information Filled by Petitioner

15. I-864, Affidavit of Support filled by Petitioner and the following supporting documents:

U.S Passport Copy of Sponsor (Petitioner): All Pages

Copy of Sponsor’s (Petitioner) Social Security Card

Copy of Sponsor’s (Petitioner) U.S. Birth Certificate

Transcript of 2014 Sponsor’s (Petitioner) Federal Tax Return

Proof of Sponsor’s Current (Petitioner) Employment (letter written and signed by her employer)

Copies of recent pay stubs of the Sponsor

16. I-864, Affidavit of Support filled by Joint Sponsor and the following supporting documents:

U.S. Passport Copy of Joint Sponsor: Biographic Page

Copy of Joint Sponsor’s U.S. Birth Certificate

Transcript of 2014 Joint Sponsor’s Federal Tax Return

Proof of Joint Sponsor’s Current Employment (letter written and signed by his employer)

Copies of recent pay stubs of the Joint Sponsor

Thank you for your consideration of the above application. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding this adjustment application packet.

Sincerely,

Our names and signatures

I-765 cover letter

Immigrant's name

Address

Phone number

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Date

Beneficiary: Immigrant's name

Nature of the Submission: I-765 Application for Employment Authorization

To whom it may concern,

Please kindly find enclosed the form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization for Immigrant's name (citizen of Mexico currently in the U.S., in valid F-1 status. My eligibility is based on concurrent I-130 and I-485 filing. The contents are as follows:

1. Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

2. Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

3. Two recent passport-style color picture of the Beneficiary (attached to I-765)

4. Copy of Beneficiary’s Mexican Passport including F-1 VISA and stamps (all pages)

5. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-94 and Travel History

6. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-20

7. Copy of Beneficiary’s Driver License

Thank you for your consideration of the above application. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding this I-765 application packet.

Sincerely,

Immigrant's name and signature

I-131 cover letter

Immigrant name

Address

Phone

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Date

Beneficiary: Immigrant name

Nature of the Submission: I-131 Application for Employment Authorization

To whom it may concern,

Please kindly find enclosed the form I-131, Application for Travel Document (Advance Parole) for Immigrant name (citizen of Mexico currently in the U.S., in valid F-1 status). My eligibility is based on concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485. The contents are as follows:

1. Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

2. Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (Advanced Parole)

3. A separate letter explaining how I qualify for I-131 and my reasons for application.

4. Two recent passport-style color picture of the Beneficiary (attached to I-131tt)

5. Copy of Beneficiary’s Mexican Passport including F-1 VISA and stamps (all pages)

6. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-94 and Travel History

7. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-20

8. Copy of Beneficiary’s Driver License

Thank you for your consideration of the above application. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding this I-131 application packet.

Sincerely,

Immigrant name and signature

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Can someone please review this, Really helpful for somebody new doing similar filing. Checklist is all we want.

On sidenote, I am on H1B expiring Apr 2016, Do I need to have I131? And also do I need I693 since I didn't remember seeing in VJ guide?

Please Please Please reveiw this post as its most informative

**AOS** from H1B Visa

11/17/2015 - AOS Package[ I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131] sent by USPS express to USICS Chicago PO Box[ Finally!! ]

11/18/2015 Delivered and Signed by R Mercado.

11/24/2015​ - Received 4 texts/mails stating "Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing" with different MSC receipt numbers

11/25/2015 - Checks $420/$1070 cashed

12/21/2015 - Biometrics taken - early walk-in at 10:45 for 11 done by 11:10 AM.

01/22/2015 - I-485 status updated with " Interview has been scheduled "

​02/18/2015 - Received EAD card and few days before approval notice [ I-797 ] for I-765

​02/25/2015 12:45 PM ET - Petition approved. :dancing:

11/25/2015 + -> Reminder to work on removing condition.

Filed: Timeline

Can someone please review this, Really helpful for somebody new doing similar filing. Checklist is all we want.

On sidenote, I am on H1B expiring Apr 2016, Do I need to have I131? And also do I need I693 since I didn't remember seeing in VJ guide?

Please Please Please reveiw this post as its most informative

Hi Shanneykar,

Actually I just received the conditional green card last Friday. I submitted exactly that (I am the one who wrote this post), so I assume everything is correct. I did not have RFE and they did not say I was missing something during the interview. I also received the I-131 and I-693 combo card about 2-3 weeks ago.

I do not know how H1B visa works, but I understand that you are already authorized to work so no need to request I-131. However, I will highly recommend applying for both I-131 and I-693 to use it as identification, plus is free and very easy to fill when compared with the rest of the application. Again, I am not sure about your visa status, please check this with someone who did a marriage-based AOS with H1B visa. I did it with a F-1 VISA.

I hope this helps

Timeline

Hi Shanneykar,

Actually I just received the conditional green card last Friday. I submitted exactly that (I am the one who wrote this post), so I assume everything is correct. I did not have RFE and they did not say I was missing something during the interview. I also received the I-131 and I-693 combo card about 2-3 weeks ago.

I do not know how H1B visa works, but I understand that you are already authorized to work so no need to request I-131. However, I will highly recommend applying for both I-131 and I-693 to use it as identification, plus is free and very easy to fill when compared with the rest of the application. Again, I am not sure about your visa status, please check this with someone who did a marriage-based AOS with H1B visa. I did it with a F-1 VISA.

I hope this helps

That's a nice post you did. Very helpful. Glad and happy for you got your GC.

I am going to almost follow what you did. If am stuck I will reply here and thanks again for your help.

Btw is 1040 with specialized sections enough or It exactly needs to be tax return transcript

**AOS** from H1B Visa

11/17/2015 - AOS Package[ I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131] sent by USPS express to USICS Chicago PO Box[ Finally!! ]

11/24/2015​ - Received 4 texts/mails stating "Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing" with different MSC receipt numbers

​02/18/2015 - Received EAD card and few days before approval notice [ I-797 ] for I-765

Timeline

Can you copy paste your ". A separate letter explaining how I qualify for I-131 and my reasons for application." if you have, If not don't worry.

Thanks Man.

**AOS** from H1B Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.