Janelle2002

This Heterosexual Pride Parade Could Not Have Failed Any Harder Than It Just Did

87 posts in this topic

I believe in God and the Devil, but I don't think it's up to me to mete out punishments on others. It's what I do that important, and how I set the example for others to follow.

Those laws I believe, it was up to the court to hand down those sentences. But in the grand scheme of things, I don't think on Judgement day, me wearing two different sets of cloth will earn me eternal damnation, that's just my opinion.

Exactly! Because we are also taught that God is a loving God. Why punish his child to eternal hell because he is wearing 2 types of cloth. I think some things were taken out of context and proportion when translated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I believe in God and the Devil, but I don't think it's up to me to mete out punishments on others. It's what I do that important, and how I set the example for others to follow.

Those laws I believe, it was up to the court to hand down those sentences. But in the grand scheme of things, I don't think on Judgement day, me wearing two different sets of cloth will earn me eternal damnation, that's just my opinion.

But what is your opinion based on? It can't be the religious texts that define your religion..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Exactly! Because we are also taught that God is a loving God. Why punish his child to eternal hell because he is wearing 2 types of cloth. I think some things were taken out of context and proportion when translated.

Earlier today there were six people stabbed in a in Israel at a gay pride march by a Jewish religious zealot screaming anti-gay portions of scriptures. You keep asking "why" - IT IS IN YOUR BOOKS AS THE WORD OF GOD - You don't like it so you choose to ignore what you don't like or twist the meaning to something you can tolerate. You are a moral/decent person and I think this is what most moral/decent people are doing in their chosen religion - but other people who live by these books and teachings are getting way different meanings that you and they seem to be the ones that are translating them without twisting the words or intent.

http://www.haaretz.com/beta/1.668796

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

But what is your opinion based on? It can't be the religious texts that define your religion..

My opinion is based on how I think. I don't need a book to tell me to be a good person. For me, it's instinctive.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Earlier today there were six people stabbed in a in Israel at a gay pride march by a Jewish religious zealot screaming anti-gay portions of scriptures. You keep asking "why" - IT IS IN YOUR BOOKS AS THE WORD OF GOD - You don't like it so you choose to ignore what you don't like or twist the meaning to something you can tolerate. You are a moral/decent person and I think this is what most moral/decent people are doing in their chosen religion - but other people who live by these books and teachings are getting way different meanings that you and they seem to be the ones that are translating them without twisting the words or intent.

http://www.haaretz.com/beta/1.668796

Yes. Like I said. Thank the lord people do ignore gods word. Saves lots of lives. And if Jesus nullified the Old Testament, can we throw it away? Nope Gods word. It's crazy to see people say God is infallible and omnipotent yet they ignore the horrible commands he issued because they're quite clearly evil in any sane civilized persons mind.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Exactly. The Commandments are written in your heart.

No, they were written by God in stone. You're picking the good parts to justify your faith. If it's gods word, then he commands you to murder lots of sinners. Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament, he didn't update it. Like it or not, the Old Testament is (according to a Christian) the word of God. And God commands terrible and unspeakable things.

My opinion is based on how I think. I don't need a book to tell me to be a good person. For me, it's instinctive.

Yes. So why all the rules and books?

No, they were written by God in stone. You're picking the good parts to justify your faith. If it's gods word, then he commands you to murder lots of sinners. Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament, he didn't update it. Like it or not, the Old Testament is (according to a Christian) the word of God. And God commands terrible and unspeakable things.

The Commandments are written in our hearts. We know right from wrong regardless of how many excuses we make to justify what we do wrong. I would suggest buying a good study guide and taking a Bible study class.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Jesus brought a new covenant where we are no longer bound by Old Testament law. Jesus does speak about this being written in our hearts. With this new covenant, we are not to look towards the rules of the Old Testament but instead follow the example of Jesus. Some want to quote Old Testament rules because it serves their own purposes; but these purposes have nothing to do with following Jesus.