Janelle2002

This Heterosexual Pride Parade Could Not Have Failed Any Harder Than It Just Did

87 posts in this topic

This Heterosexual Pride Parade Could Not Have Failed Any Harder Than It Just Did

0030003d0e24.png
Cavan SieczkowskiSenior Editor, Content Strategy, The Huffington Post
Posted: 07/27/2015 | Edited: 1 hour ago

0030003d0e24.png

Heterosexuals apparently weren't too prideful this weekend.

Blogger Anthony Rebello was the organizer behind the Heterosexual Parade at Seattle's Capitol Hill on Saturday. Over 2,000 people were invited on Facebook to attend the event created "in the name of equality [and] equal rights ... to celebrate our right to be heterosexual, and to encourage younger heterosexuals that they should be proud of their heterosexuality."

While 169 responded "yes" to the event, just one person showed up, according to Seattle Gay Scene: Rebello. Photos of him marching with balloons and a cardboard sign reading "Straight Pride" were posted on Facebook over the weekend.

In a June 27 blog post on his website, Smile Me A River, Rebello lamented marriage equality. The post came just one day after SCOTUS' decision to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide:

I think it's a trend. A cry for attention. From your government, a distraction. For $. I have previously stated how I feel about marriage in this post: MARRIAGE I have also created an event: Heterosexual Parade Gay Mafia? Maybe animals should be allowed to get married? Would they govern and tax them too? While they're at it, how about equal rights for insects? In my opinion, there is a difference between a man and a woman. If you can't appreciate those differences, you can't enjoy those differences. I don't agree with boys turning into girls, and I don't agree with girls turning into boys. The word/meaning of "Pride" doesn't belong to the gay/lgbt community, it belongs to everyone. That includes us good old fashioned straight people. The way I see it, in my opinion, some boys never turn into men, and some girls never turn into women. What a shitshow. "Welcome to the other side of the rainbow" Really? No thanks.

Rebello was not immediately available for further comment, but Gay Star News noted that he blamed the lack of turnout on the negative response from the LGBT community.

11796418_861714783921750_653843699507387

Edited by Janelle2002

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Every time I go to Philippines I have a parade.

I like to keep at least two girls in my companionship at all times

International Playboy Style.................

0030003d0e24.png

11796418_861714783921750_653843699507387

It's so sad that the majority not only love to suppress those who they deem inferior to them, but this notion that they're the ones being oppressed is truly mind boggling.

Every time I go to Philippines I have a parade.

I like to keep at least two girls in my companionship at all times

International Playboy Style.................

Past tense?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It's so sad that the majority not only love to suppress those who they deem inferior to them, but this notion that they're the ones being oppressed is truly mind boggling.

Past tense?

I haven't figured out how heterosexuals are feeling threatened by the gay community. If you are gay you are gay. If you are not, you are not. What is the big deal?

I haven't figured out how heterosexuals are feeling threatened by the gay community. If you are gay you are gay. If you are not, you are not. What is the big deal?

Deep rooted homophobia. Some folks truly think gay people are going to try and force their lifestyle onto them. Not to mention the ultra conservative religious folks see them as the Devil.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

It's a well-known fact that if a gay person touches you, you get the gay. Ghey.

Fixed for you.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Judging by his shirt he is most likely christian.. His god says gays are bad.. Being a good christian and being tolerant of gays is hypocritical.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Judging by his shirt he is most likely christian.. His god says gays are bad.. Being a good christian and being tolerant of gays is hypocritical.

Please show me in the bible where it says to not be tolerant of gay people. I believe God said he would judge all. With this being said, who are we to judge? Please tell me what were the disciples doing when Jesus found them? Jesus even taught the gospel to unsavory characters and street walkers.

Only God can judge. Not man or woman.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Please show me in the bible where it says to not be tolerant of gay people. I believe God said he would judge all. With this being said, who are we to judge? Please tell me what were the disciples doing when Jesus found them? Jesus even taught the gospel to unsavory characters and street walkers.

Looking for a bible quote?

Leviticus 20:13: “ If a man lies with a male as if he were a woman, both men have committed an offense; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect