TonyTT

Timelines and Notices

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I sent in my application for I-129F K1 on 5-23-2015 and received a notice I-797C with a May 28, 2015 date and a received date of May 26, 2015. I live in Los Angeles my fiancee is in the Philippines. The notice has the California Service Center on it. When I input the information into the time line it says that i should have received a second notice around July 7. Around July 15 I called the USCIS and they told me that they have five months to respond to the application and that nothing is wrong. If that is the case, what is this second notice that I never received?

Thanks in advance because I am a little confused and i think i may have done something wrong.

Met: Filipino Cupid September 2012
Visited Philippines: January 18, 2015
Engaged: January 22, 2015
NOA1: May 28, 2015

Timeline

meaning they haven't approve your case yet, you just have to be patient, in processing time in USCIS website, K1 visa will take 5 months plus or less for the decision.. check your status online every now and then.. The one that says in VJ timeline is just a suggestion based on the cases of most of the members here. NOA2 is the approval of your case, that is the second notice you will receive if you won't get any RFE in between

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

Thanks, I was under the impression that i should have received a RFE or NOA2 around July 7.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I sent in my application for I-129F K1 on 5-23-2015 and received a notice I-797C with a May 28, 2015 date and a received date of May 26, 2015. I live in Los Angeles my fiancee is in the Philippines. The notice has the California Service Center on it. When I input the information into the time line it says that i should have received a second notice around July 7. Around July 15 I called the USCIS and they told me that they have five months to respond to the application and that nothing is wrong. If that is the case, what is this second notice that I never received?

Thanks in advance because I am a little confused and i think i may have done something wrong.

It took our petitions about 5 months before approved, we were at CSC. Patience...

2nd notice will be your approval or denial notice.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

the notice of approval.. 6months.

If it is 6 months then i really don't understand other peoples timelines. there are people who have filed around the same date as us and already entered a date for approval. I don't think I will follow the timeline of other people.

Timeline

If it is 6 months then i really don't understand other peoples timelines. there are people who have filed around the same date as us and already entered a date for approval. I don't think I will follow the timeline of other people.

That's the great mystery of this process....happens all the time. It's ok to look at other timelines to see about when you will be approved but it by no means is exact. Unless it's be 5 months minimum don't expect help from USCIS. I'm sure it won't be much longer for you though!

Timeline

That's the great mystery of this process....happens all the time. It's ok to look at other timelines to see about when you will be approved but it by no means is exact. Unless it's be 5 months minimum don't expect help from USCIS. I'm sure it won't be much longer for you though!

Well I have been talking to this woman for four years, I guess another year is not going to kill me.

Timeline

you have waited for four year for not being together, you can do it! the process may be less than a yr or so but it will be all worth it..

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Well I have been talking to this woman for four years, I guess another year is not going to kill me.

I hope you met her in person within the two years prior to filing your I-129F. It's one of the requirements for approval.

Timeline

I hope you met her in person within the two years prior to filing your I-129F. It's one of the requirements for approval.

We have already. Had a great vacation in Subic Bay.

Ours was 9 months, but that was 2 years ago. You can drive yourselves nuts looking at cases that were filed after you but approved before you. I happened a lot with us...patience, as others have said, is the key. Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.