LittleGirlBlue

Damn! this is so stressing!

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

My husband and I submitted out I-751 on April (The system says our case was received on April 30th), done my bio metrics, and got my extension letter.

We've been married for 3 years and we never had any issues with our process (no interviews or RFEs), this is the list of what we submitted:

1. Lease agreement with both our names for the last 3 years we have been renting.

2. Car insurance with both our names for both our cars.

3, Mortgage paperwork with both our names (we bought a house 4 months ago)

4. Joint bank accounts (Checkings and savings)

5. Last 3 filed Tax paperwork together as a married couple

6. 4 Not notarized affidavits (we didn't know it had to be notarized) written by my husbands parents, sisters and a friend we have in common, signed and with their Names, address, etc.

7. 20 or so pictures of us with friends, family, on a cruise, and just the two of us.

And of course the form, check, copies of my GC, etc.

I am the type of person that gets super worried while waiting on something, I am even scared of what I post on FB because I think that what if they are spying on us and they find any excuse to deny us?.

If you have any suggestions, or tips not to freak out while waiting, let me know! We are all on the same boat , and thank you for taking the time to read me :)

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Based on your location, I take it you mailed your paperwork to the Vermont Service Center in St. Albans, VT?

The Vermont Service Center is slow. My wife submitted her paperwork in early January 2012 (2 year card expired in March 2012). We got the letter/receipt in the mail a week later that said they got it and served as an extension to her GC. About another week later she received her ASC notice and went there in late January or early February.

We didn't hear anything else from Vermont until the end of September 2012. So yes it took them 9 to 10 months to process her case. When we finally did hear back in September she was approved. The approval notice came in the mail 3 days after it was updated online, and the card came in the mail the next day.

From the list of documents that you posted that you sent in, I think you would be fine. The list is pretty much the same things that my wife and I sent in for her removal of conditions. Who ever reviews your Removal of Conditions petition also looks at your entire immigration file so they will also have whatever you sent in for AOS or the immigrant visa. My wife and I realized this when she had her citizenship interview, because she said the officer who interviewed her had her entire file in front of her with everything we submitted for her AOS and her ROC. That might be one of the reasons that it takes a while to review removal of condition cases, since the service center needs to request the paper file from archives.

One last thing, you said that you bought a house. Did you change your address with USCIS?

Here is the information regarding the cases for my in-laws (wife, their daughter, is the petitioner under the IR-5 category, Parents of a USC):

Submit I-130 (2 petitions) to USCIS on May 30, 2013

USCIS approved the cases on March 10, 2014.

Received notice online from USCIS the cases were sent to NVC on March 17, 2014.

NVC received the cases on March 28, 2014

The case numbers were created on Monday, April 28.

We received the numbers by phone on Friday, May 2.

DS-261 became available on both cases late in the evening on Friday, May 2. Both DS-261 filed on Saturday, May 3.

Received emails to my wife regarding AOS at around 8am on Wednesday, May 7. At the same time received emails that were cc of letters sent to my in-laws. However, the date of all of the letters was Monday, May 5.

Received emails regarding the Immigrant Visa Fee at around 11:15am on Wednesday, May 7. IV fees became available online at around 1pm on Wednesday, May 7. Date of invoice was Tuesday, May 8.

Paid all the fees on Wednesday, May 7 at around 1:15pm.

All fees marked as paid and DS-260 become available sometime late on Friday, May 9.

Dropped off IV and AOS packages (in two different envelopes - 1 for AOS and 1 for IV documents) at the local post office at around 2pm on Saturday, May 10.

Submitted DS-260 (for both cases) around 10am on Sunday, May 11.

Both document packages received by NVC on Monday, May 12 (according to Post Office Tracking - one around 1pm and the other around 4pm. Don't know why they got separated.)

Received checklist email for both cases at 4pm on Thursday, June 12 regarding the IV civil documents

Wife called NVC in the afternoon of Friday, June 13 to inquire about the checklist. Told by a representative they are normal and automatic and not to worry. AOS under review. Call back after Tuesday, June 24.
Received a checklist for my father-in-law on Monday, June 16. NVC reviewed his AOS paperwork, but waiting for the documents the requested the week before.

Wife called NVC in the morning of Tuesday, June 17. Told by the agent they don't have the document requested for dad, and they don't have the AOS package for her mom.

Put in a request with our Senator to get more information. Response was mother-in-law is documentary complete and father-in-law was in document review for the military document.

Wife called NVC on the morning of Tuesday, July 1 and spoke with a supervisor regarding her dad's military document. Supervisor said she would look into it.

Supervisor called us and left a voicemail on the morning of Wednesday, July 9 and stated they have located my father-in-law's military documents. Case sent back to document review.

Per conversation with an agent, the expedited request originally requested by email on July 7, was sent to the Embassy on Thursday, July 10.

Received by postal mail on Thursday, August 21 from our Senator regarding the response of another inquiry. Still the same.

Early in the morning on Friday, August 22:

Wife calls the Embassy and was told the IV section doesn't accept calls, and was given a number in the states that turned out to be scheduling assistance for NIV interviews.

Called NVC as soon as they opened and was told the Embassy denied the expedite request, but the case was completed by NVC on Monday, August 18. Wife inquired about interview scheduling, and was given some good information.

At 5 PM on Thursday, September 11, received the interview letters. Interview is scheduled for the morning of October 9.

Mother-in-law approved. Father-in-law placed in Administrative Processing due to follow-up TB test.

CEAC stated ISSUED for my mother-in-law on October 15. DHL had the package for pick up on October 17 but called the wrong number. Package picked up on October 27.

On December 11 mother-in-law received a phone call from the Embassy that the medical is back for my father-in-law and to DHL his passport to them. Passport sent on December 12.

On December 18 CEAC updated to ISSUED for my father-in-law. My wife is happy!!!! Embassy said they gave it to DHL on December 19

Due to a DHL delay the package did not become available for pick up until December 24. USCIS Immigrant Fee paid the same day.

POE: JFK Terminal 1 - December 26, 2014 - They are finally here!!!

Took them to a local SSA office to get SSN on January 6, 2015. Cards received on January 10, 2015.

Green Cards received by priority mail on January 23, 2015 (four weeks after arrival).

Both went to motor vehicles and got state issued ID cards on April 11, 2015.

Thanks for your reply! I filed on California Service Center. Im glad you told me they have our whole file, we sent so much proof and pictures in the last 3 years.

We did change our address after buying the house.

Edited by LittleGirlBlue

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi guys!

My husband and I submitted out I-751 on April (The system says our case was received on April 30th), done my bio metrics, and got my extension letter.

We've been married for 3 years and we never had any issues with our process (no interviews or RFEs), this is the list of what we submitted:

1. Lease agreement with both our names for the last 3 years we have been renting.

2. Car insurance with both our names for both our cars.

3, Mortgage paperwork with both our names (we bought a house 4 months ago)

4. Joint bank accounts (Checkings and savings)

5. Last 3 filed Tax paperwork together as a married couple

6. 4 Not notarized affidavits (we didn't know it had to be notarized) written by my husbands parents, sisters and a friend we have in common, signed and with their Names, address, etc.

7. 20 or so pictures of us with friends, family, on a cruise, and just the two of us.

And of course the form, check, copies of my GC, etc.

I am the type of person that gets super worried while waiting on something, I am even scared of what I post on FB because I think that what if they are spying on us and they find any excuse to deny us?.

If you have any suggestions, or tips not to freak out while waiting, let me know! We are all on the same boat , and thank you for taking the time to read me :)

Chill, from what we were told, they look for "red flags" and, you do not appear to have any. I did my usual OCD and over prepared and put together a stellar package (in hindsight maybe too stellar!). We went beyond normal processing for CSC so I sent an e-request.. They responded the next week by sending us notice of interview (talk about stressed!) Anyway, had a big rolling box with all our stuff and bam, just like the AOS interview, easy, simple- done.The IO had no idea why we got the interview. You look like you've got a good list of stuff, good luck!

Edited by khwaidee1

Filed: Timeline

Chill, from what we were told, they look for "red flags" and, you do not appear to have any. I did my usual OCD and over prepared and put together a stellar package (in hindsight maybe too stellar!). We went beyond normal processing for CSC so I sent an e-request.. They responded the next week by sending us notice of interview (talk about stressed!) Anyway, had a big rolling box with all our stuff and bam, just like the AOS interview, easy, simple- done.The IO had no idea why we got the interview. You look like you've got a good list of stuff, good luck!

What would be a "red flag"? Like something looking sketchy or some items missing?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What would be a "red flag"? Like something looking sketchy or some items missing?

Based on my limited experience of the one interview and what the IO told me I got the sense that they have a pretty good feel from experience as to what is and is not legit. The IO gave us a couple of examples as we sat there and basically chatted. One was an older Egyptian couple that had very little documentation and didn't seem to know much about each other. They were denied and petitioned BIA and the judge sent it back to USCIS for approval. The other examples he gave were of a big age gap with an older female and much younger male who did not seem to know much about each other. So, I would conclude it is up to whoever looks at the petition first as to what they see. Our IO had absolutely no idea why we were selected for an interview. Possibly part of a statistical sampling where we were randomly selected. However, I did send in a e-request and got the interview notice the following week so maybe I annoyed someone and they just shipped it off to the local office for an interview.

And I agree with what Happy Chic said.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.