48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes Pink.....you got it correct

Most likely you will be fine, nobody can guarantee that though. It doesn't matter if you over stay a small amount of time or a lot. Don't worry if your husband cheated, just worry about what makes you happy. I've been cheated on and I've cheated on others, the only thing that matters is if two people want to stay together or not. The rest is just gossipy drama stuff which you can always watch the Kardashians if you desire that in your life. I wish you the best for you and your child.

Filed: Timeline

Wow you will be scrutinized, is he from JA too

you marriage is not illegal, some things were

unethical like applying for naturalization under the

3 yr rule, and leaving 6 mths later...how do you

sit comfortable with all this, he may do it to you.

I hope things wok out for the baby sake but it just

does not smell right

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wow you will be scrutinized, is he from JA too

you marriage is not illegal, some things were

unethical like applying for naturalization under the

3 yr rule, and leaving 6 mths later...how do you

sit comfortable with all this, he may do it to you.

I hope things wok out for the baby sake but it just

does not smell right

Agree and I know I'll get deleted and probably thread banned but... Once a cheater, always a cheater. He has done it once, he'll most likely do it again.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You will have another interview. They are going to look at both your immigration life and then make a decision. It will have nothing to do with bonafide marriage.

You guys are missing the point.

It is loud and clear what the point is.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sooooo..... Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

Anyway, lady... nobody knows if they'll get approved or not when going through this process. Yes, your private life is all out there bcuz u put it out there bcuz u thought you'd get 'advice' and not criticism. Listen, nobody knows but the ppl making the final decision. Yes, it look bad and sound bad but I see people with squeaky clean cases that seem so easy and they get denied. Yes, you found love in someone else's house and you already know that and if after 20 years you're still there then obviously you're not going anywhere.

The intricacies of your relationship is really between you and your husband. Now, ppl, stop playing judge! Truth is, nobody knows what will happen you will just have to wait and see, like the rest of us. Everyone here is treated as a CASE NUMBER, that's it, nothing more.

I've been with my husband for almost 10 years and I still worry about the outcome of my interview because at the end of the day no one knows.

But, at least you got some free therapy... lol.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

So is it possible that the Husband's right to citizenship could be at risk? I am hoping that isn't the case, your private life is your business I am not here to judge, but I am seriously interested in whether or not his or anyone's citizenship could be revoked due to circumstances like this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Straight from USCIS:

"A person is subject to revocation of naturalization if he or she procured naturalization illegally. Procuring naturalization illegally simply means that the person was not eligible for naturalization in the first place. Accordingly, any eligibility requirement for naturalization that was not met can form the basis for an action to revoke the naturalization of a person. This includes the requirements of residence, physical presence, lawful admission for permanent residence, good moral character, and attachment to the U.S. Constitution.​ [1]

Discovery that a person failed to comply with any of the requirements for naturalization at the time the person became a ​U.S.​ citizen renders his or her naturalization illegally procured. This applies even if the person is innocent of any willful deception or misrepresentation.​ [2]"

I'm curious how your husband was even granted citizenship in the first place, because according to your timeline of events, he wasn't even eligible. I have a feeling that the interviewer asking all those questions about dates in your interview was NOT a good thing.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Straight from USCIS:

"A person is subject to revocation of naturalization if he or she procured naturalization illegally. Procuring naturalization illegally simply means that the person was not eligible for naturalization in the first place. Accordingly, any eligibility requirement for naturalization that was not met can form the basis for an action to revoke the naturalization of a person. This includes the requirements of residence, physical presence, lawful admission for permanent residence, good moral character, and attachment to the U.S. Constitution.​ [1]

Discovery that a person failed to comply with any of the requirements for naturalization at the time the person became a ​U.S.​ citizen renders his or her naturalization illegally procured. This applies even if the person is innocent of any willful deception or misrepresentation.​ [2]"

I'm curious how your husband was even granted citizenship in the first place, because according to your timeline of events, he wasn't even eligible. I have a feeling that the interviewer asking all those questions about dates in your interview was NOT a good thing.

Guess that depends on how much of the story immigration knew at the time. Evidently this GC interview filled in a lot of missing pieces to this puzzle.

Timeline

Guess that depends on how much of the story immigration knew at the time. Evidently this GC interview filled in a lot of missing pieces to this puzzle.

That's what I was thinking too, some red flags obviously popped up during the interview that the Officer was concerned about. How long ago was your Interview?

Timeline

4 days ago.

oh ok so not long ago. I wouldn't stress yourself over it, there really isn't point and nobody really knows the answer to your question. Let us know how it all goes, good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.