NicoleAhmed

n600 or IR-2?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Wait... Were you born a US citizen? Just checking if you meet the residency requirement.

Hi,

It doesn't matter if she was born a US citizen or not. She is a US citizen, and she did live in the US for 5 years (2 of which were after the age of 14). OP lived in the US for 23 years.

A person who live in the US for 5 years or more as an LPR, get US citizenship, and leave the US the next day would still qualify to file a CRBA for his/her child born abroad. Time as an LPR counts towards the 5 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Ok wonderful everyone, thanks for all your help. Now I just need to figure how to actually prove I lived there ... How many "evidence" does one need actually?

**USC Filing Abroad**

Married: Sept 5, 2004

? I -130 sent

? NOA1
? NOA2

Still working on our file ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok wonderful everyone, thanks for all your help. Now I just need to figure how to actually prove I lived there ... How many "evidence" does one need actually?

School records, hospital records, passport stamps, old visas, I-94?. Just enough to prove 5 years with minimum.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thank you very much. If I don't have enough. I think I may have maybe 2 or 3 things here ... can't they just see in my records all my immigration statuses? Since obviously if I was a legal resident for 23 years I had to have lived in the US.

::: Timeline for N-600 & CR-1/ IR-1 :::

Note: This is for USC living abroad

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Found each other May 2003

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

• Service Center : Embassy & Chicago Lockbox
  • Consulate : Algiers, Algeria

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nope they won't look for it on your behalf. The burden of proof is yours and they will only verify whatever you provide.

Timeline

Thank you very much. If I don't have enough. I think I may have maybe 2 or 3 things here ... can't they just see in my records all my immigration statuses? Since obviously if I was a legal resident for 23 years I had to have lived in the US.

Hi,

That's not how US immigration works. They don't have the time to go to your schools, the airlines, and every other place you may have records to see that you meet the requirements. They will not do the leg work for you. How would they know which organization has records for you. There is also the issue of privacy. The US government does not have a right to see your private records, and the organizations will not release those records without your written permission.

You want the benefit of filing an CRBA. The burden is on you to prove that you meet the requirements. You do the leg work. You should know who has good records for you; the US government does not have that knowledge.

Best of luck

Timeline

What I meant was ... Isn't it in their central computer the dates I became a legal resident and citizen etc ... things having to do with my naturalization. I understand all other things like school; taxes etc is up to me. I meant the immigration stuff. Thank you for all the information everyone

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Timeline

What I meant was ... Isn't it in their central computer the dates I became a legal resident and citizen etc ... things having to do with my naturalization. I understand all other things like school; taxes etc is up to me. I meant the immigration stuff. Thank you for all the information everyone

There is no central computer for everything. The US Government has many different databases and some of the systems are incompatible.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter if they have the information. The burden is on you to provide the evidence, not theirs to go look up.

Timeline

Ok, I understand. Thank you again.

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.