stephelliott

Affidavit of Support interview experiences?)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey guys

i would really love to hear some of your experiences during recent interviews in regard to the affidavit of support questioning. How many of you are being asked? How in depth are they looking?

I've seen people on other forums saying "oh they don't even ask anymore" but I am hoping to hear from someone whose been to the Sydney consulate recently...

I'm using a co-sponsor so I'm just a little nervous it won't be good enough and would love some VJ moral support specific to the Australian embassy..

I'm 25. I was a full time college student until 2011 so I didn't work and I have no W2's or tax returns in the U.S.. I moved overseas to live with my fiancé from 2013- June 2015 so I have no big bank statements here in the states. I have had a bank account set up here though since college. Im currently unemployed but I'm not on any government assistance and I should secure a job within the next week or so. Anyway my step father is going to be our co sponsor and he makes plenty more then the requested amount..

I'd just like to know how often it's being looked into deeply during Australian interviews..

Thanks!

Edited by stephelliott

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
I moved to Australia March 2013!
Engaged April 20th, 2015!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!
Left NVC for Sydney, Australia 7-21-2015!

"Ready" in Sydney 8-3-2015!

Interview Date 10-27-2015!

* APPROVED at Interview *

- - - - - - - -

I had two co-sponsors when I had my interview in Sydney (Sept 2013). They certainly looked over them but seemed happy enough since they made well over the poverty threshold. It is nerve wrecking but you shouldn't have any issues provided your co-sponsors income is all legal, etc. Good luck!

Timeline

I had two co-sponsors when I had my interview in Sydney (Sept 2013). They certainly looked over them but seemed happy enough since they made well over the poverty threshold. It is nerve wrecking but you shouldn't have any issues provided your co-sponsors income is all legal, etc. Good luck!

Good to know, thank you!

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Hubby had his interview at the end of April.

We had me as his sponsor, and a joint sponsor (brother in law). they didn't question anything about it, and brother in law made maybe $4,000 over the limit. Not a whole lot, but plenty to pass :) I only came back to live in the U.S. in February, and I'm now 8 months pregnant so we relied on the joint sponsor for the income support for immigration . We also completed the assets portion so we could sponsor ourselves, but we were told that a joint sponsor earning a U.S. Wage would provide better support for immigration so we used that as well. All went smoothly and hubby is here working now!

Good luck

IR1 - Spouse VisaPetition I-130

Posted from Australia 05/24/2014

Email receipt received 06/09/2014

Paid from Bank 06/09/2014

Approved online update on case status 06/20/2014

Received NOA1 in the post 06/22/2014

NOA2 received in post 07/10/2014

NVC

Email from NVC 8/7/2014

AoS ready for paymentDS-261 submitted 8/8/2014

AoS Fee Paid 8/12/2014

AoS and IV scan date 10/25/2014

Checklist: 12/18/2014

Posted updated packet for checklist on 2/25/2015

Received by NVC 3/2/2015

Case Complete: 3/2/2015

Interview: 4/21/2015

Approved: 4/21/2014

POE: 6/2/2015<p>

Timeline

Hubby had his interview at the end of April.

We had me as his sponsor, and a joint sponsor (brother in law). they didn't question anything about it, and brother in law made maybe $4,000 over the limit. Not a whole lot, but plenty to pass :) I only came back to live in the U.S. in February, and I'm now 8 months pregnant so we relied on the joint sponsor for the income support for immigration . We also completed the assets portion so we could sponsor ourselves, but we were told that a joint sponsor earning a U.S. Wage would provide better support for immigration so we used that as well. All went smoothly and hubby is here working now!

Good luck

Thanks! Congrats on the baby :)

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.