Brassballs

Another stumble at CFO.

44 posts in this topic

My wife did her CFO seminar last November, well before USEM interview or visa being issued. BTW this is for CR1 FWIW. So she had extra time the day before her daughter's USEM interview for CR2 visa and stopped by CFO to get the actual 'stamp' on her visa.

Sorry maam the lady that did your seminar is not here today so you will come back another day, OK maam?

What a f'd up system. Sorry for the military language. Always something isn't there.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

She attended the seminar before her USEM interview or visa issuance? Either she's lucky or she know somebody "inside." Here are some of the requirements for PDOS:

Requirements for Registration

1. Original and photocopy of passport (must be valid about six months before date of travel)
  2. Original and photocopy of visa
  3. One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph
  4. One (1) valid identification card with photograph (eg., SSS ID, GSIS E-card, PRC ID, driver's license, postal ID, ARC, etc.)
  5. Photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for USA-bound emigrant (must not be detached from visa packet)

Thus, it makes me wonder how she was able to attend the PDOS.

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She attended the seminar before her USEM interview or visa issuance? Either she's lucky or she know somebody "inside." Here are some of the requirements for PDOS:

Requirements for Registration

• Original and photocopy of passport (must be valid about six months before date of travel)
  • Original and photocopy of visa
  • One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph
  • One (1) valid identification card with photograph (eg., SSS ID, GSIS E-card, PRC ID, driver's license, postal ID, ARC, etc.)
  • Photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for USA-bound emigrant (must not be detached from visa packet)

Thus, it makes me wonder how she was able to attend the PDOS.

You can do it before....just need to show up with your certificate and your visa and copies for them post fact to receive stamp/sticker. And apparently you're interviewer needs to be there? !

Timeline

You can do it before....just need to show up with your certificate and your visa and copies for them post fact to receive stamp/sticker. And apparently you're interviewer needs to be there? !

That's what I was asking for or wondering. She never had a visa yet.

N-400 process

05/20/16 Received I/L

Timeline

I was emphasizing that last ridiculous statement. Not the whole thing....I know you were just asking.

What's ridiculous with my last statement? Last February 2013, my first son attended the PDOS and they asked for the passport (with the visa attached) and copy of his immigrant data summary. The same thing with my second son, who had his PDOS two days ago. So, how can you say that they can attend PDOS without a visa? I'm confused.

N-400 process

05/20/16 Received I/L

Timeline

What's ridiculous with my last statement? Last February 2013, my first son attended the PDOS and they asked for the passport (with the visa attached) and copy of his immigrant data summary. The same thing with my second son, who had his PDOS two days ago. So, how can you say that they can attend PDOS without a visa? I'm confused.

My last statement not yours. Don't know why they told them that..clearly says you can on the website. I know right now you can do it and come back later with the visa and get your sticker. I'm on my phone or I'd link the website. I just feel bad for OP the the actual interviewer is the only one who can put the sticker in. Wasted trip for them. Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

My last statement not yours. They may have changed it since then....not sure. I know right now you can do it and come back later with the visa and get your sticker. I'm on my phone or I'd link the website. I just feel bad for OP the the actual interviewer is the only one who can put the sticker in. Wasted trip for them.

Well, that's another question - how she get out of the CFO office without the stamp on her PP? First, you submit the requirements including the PP and pay the fee afterwards. After which, they will lead you into a room for the seminar. Lastly, they will give back the PP with the stamp on. it.

I'm just confused with his post that's why I commented. It seems that his story is incomplete or inaccurate.

Edited by aurpol

N-400 process

05/20/16 Received I/L

Timeline

You can complete everything before your visa is issued or before your interview...they give you a completion certificate. Later after visa is issued you can go back with the cert and your visa/passport and they will put the sticker in your passport. His story is accurate. It just sucks it has to be the interviewer that stickers the pp when you come back...that's their gripe. It might be different for spouses or fiancees versus other visas.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

You can complete everything before your visa is issued or before your interview...they give you a completion certificate. Later after visa is issued you can go back with the cert and your visa/passport and they will put the sticker in your passport. His story is accurate. It just sucks it has to be the interviewer that stickers the pp when you come back...that's their gripe

Really? Now if this is true then it's all a BS. My sons have to wait for the passport with the visa and had to comply with their requirements. Oh well...Thanks.

N-400 process

05/20/16 Received I/L

Hi everybody good day to all, when my wife did her CFO back in January she didn't have a passport with the visa yet then after her interview in feb she got then went back to the CFO OFFICE and had them put a stamp in the passport

Timeline

Really? Now if this is true then it's all a BS. My sons have to wait for the passport with the visa and had to comply with their requirements. Oh well...Thanks.

Very well may be different for visas other than spousal/fiancée. I can't answer with any certainty.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.