Janelle2002

Police in Oklahoma say motive unclear in 5 fatal stabbings

4 posts in this topic

BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (AP) — Police in Oklahoma say they have turned to social media posts for clues about the motive of a teenager accused in the stabbing deaths of his parents and three siblings during a late-night attack that left bodies strewn through the family's home.

Related Stories

A booking document filed by police in the Tulsa suburb of Broken Arrow accuses Robert Bever, 18, of five counts of first-degree murder and a count of aggravated assault in the attack Wednesday night.

Bever's 16-year-old brother also was being held. Because he is a juvenile, officers have not released his name or announced charges against him. Broken Arrow Police Cpl. Leon Calhoun said both brothers were cooperating with the investigation.

Calhoun said Friday that the agency was still looking for a motive and was searching social media accounts that they believe belong to Bever. Those include community site Pinterest and a Facebook account.

On Pinterest, Bever showed an interest in Star Wars, the rock group Linkin Park and sports cars. A Facebook post lists him as a recent graduate of Citizens' High School, which describes itself as providing "a home-school curriculum" for people hoping to earn a college degree.

The dead include his parents, David Bever, 52, and April Bever, 44. The Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's Office on Friday also identified the three dead siblings as Daniel Bever, 12; Christopher Bever, 7; and Victoria Bever, 5. An unidentified 13-year-old sister was in serious but stable condition in a hospital and an unnamed 2-year-old sister wasn't harmed and was placed in state custody.

By many neighbors' accounts, the Bevers kept out of sight and to themselves — the kids played alone in the backyard, walked down neighborhood streets bunched together and their parents didn't socialize much. That appeared to carry over to the father's work.

David Bever's former co-workers in the IT department at Samson Resources described him as a quiet man who kept to himself.

"He was a nice guy, but we weren't close," said Lisa Wolfe, Bever's supervisor at Samson. "I hired him. He worked for us for several years as a contractor. He was a good worker and a nice guy. He didn't get involved in any office politics, and those are the kind of people I like to work with.

"He liked to do his work and focus on that. He didn't socialize a lot with the folks he worked with," Wolfe said.

Documents filed to support the teenager's arrest said a caller from the home was able to tell police "their brother was attacking their family." Police had said Thursday that the 911 call was silent. Calhoun said the agency would release audio on Monday.

This Friday, July 24, 2015 booking photo provided by the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office shows Rob …

After officers arrived at the home, "officers could hear a faint voice from inside asking for help" and found the 13-year-old bleeding from multiple stab wounds, the affidavit said.

The young girl was still alive and made statements to the officers that "her brothers" were responsible for the attack, it said.

Fresh footprints in the backyard led officers to a wooded area, where they found the brothers.

A neighbor of the family, Matt Jacobsen, on Friday described the 16-year-old as a follower, not a leader, and "nerdy," given his interest in computers and technology. Others in the subdivision noted the family seemed isolated to the point that they appeared to avoid community events.

David Bever's sister, Tamela Massey of Seminole, Florida, said her family is dealing with grief following the death of her brother and members of his family and that they do not know what may have triggered the tragedy.

"We have no idea," she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-oklahoma-motive-unclear-5-fatal-stabbings-090624923.html

This is just scary. Stabbing someone is so up close and personal. It's like he enjoyed it. The ages of those kids brings tears to my eyes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So sad.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

I am guessing that the motive was murder. Sad story but it looks from the photo that the parents didn't believe in public schools nor in getting psychiatric help for their boy.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

kids probably caught a lot of flak for that last name.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!