vhistaandanthony

Apply B2 Visa from Indonesia for visit My BF in Nebraska

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hey guys and gals, appreciate the help so far.

From what I'm understanding sponsorship isn't required, and showing ties to me may actually hurt her chances of visiting me. Same time I'm assuming the embassy is going to ask why she's visiting. I live in Nebraska, and to those that arent familiar with the state, no one comes here for tourism, especially in the winter.

Marriage has been discussed, main ceremony will be in Indonesia. I also don't want her moving here without at least visiting first.

So far it sounds like the odds are against us. She has a good job (putting both sisters through college, travel, benefits etc). What do you guys think our chances are? Would proving I've visited her benefit us?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would assume it a uphill battle from Indonesia, Just like my girl from Philippines and it very hard to get a Tourist Visa for any one young in her country also.

The main reason (in my opinion) is once they come to USA on a Tourist Visa they can actually get married and adjust status and stay in USA while this is going on. Remember coming to USA to get married is fine, but coming her and wanting to adjust status thru marriage is considered fraud.

I would try the Tourist Visa it only $160, I might even try up to 3 times to see if she can catch a break. Yes odds are against you, but I would at least give it a good fight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is essentially not a chance based process, the only certainty is zero if you do not apply

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Halo ka, salam kenal ya, I'm from Center Sulawesi, Luwuk Banggai..

Ka, we are plan to get married next year, that is why I want to use my BF sposor to apply B2 because later after married and want to apply CR or K1, they won't think I lie in the first place with saying I'm going to USA for jalan-jalan and not to meet my BF and family. For ticket, I'm using our corporate travel agent from company so can book without issue first, and I just want to bring it so at least they know that I will come back to Indonesia.

Ka, kalo saya boleh minta saran, baiknya kaya gimana ya? Kita rencana mo nikah nanti tahun depan sekitaran akhir tahun. Beberapa orang bilang sebaiknya saya langsung apply K1/CR aja, tapi saya gga bisa ka, masalahnya ini kan mo nikah dan saya belum pernah ketemu sama keluarganya. Saya juga belom tahu kondisi disana kaya gimana dan saya ga mau pindah kesana buta-buta ka.

Iya, orang2 pada bilang, sebaiknya apply di SBY, karena olebih sedikit yang apply jadi mereka ga segitu killer..

Thank you ka..

~~If you wish to use a language other than English, please do so in the regional forums only.~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Halo ka, salam kenal ya, I'm from Center Sulawesi, Luwuk Banggai..

Ka, we are plan to get married next year, that is why I want to use my BF sposor to apply B2 because later after married and want to apply CR or K1, they won't think I lie in the first place with saying I'm going to USA for jalan-jalan and not to meet my BF and family. For ticket, I'm using our corporate travel agent from company so can book without issue first, and I just want to bring it so at least they know that I will come back to Indonesia.

Ka, kalo saya boleh minta saran, baiknya kaya gimana ya? Kita rencana mo nikah nanti tahun depan sekitaran akhir tahun. Beberapa orang bilang sebaiknya saya langsung apply K1/CR aja, tapi saya gga bisa ka, masalahnya ini kan mo nikah dan saya belum pernah ketemu sama keluarganya. Saya juga belom tahu kondisi disana kaya gimana dan saya ga mau pindah kesana buta-buta ka.

Iya, orang2 pada bilang, sebaiknya apply di SBY, karena olebih sedikit yang apply jadi mereka ga segitu killer..

Thank you ka..

I will PM you, :)

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

(Content violating the VJ Terms of Service {condoning fraud} removed - VJ Moderation) I agree with everyone else that says showing ties to you would hurt...

No, showing you visited her wouldn't help either.

Has she been outside Indonesia? That could help her, especially if she's visited another country that requires a visa for Indonesians (such as Japan or South Korea).

FYI, getting a marriage certificate for non-Muslims in Indonesia has a fair amount of red tape, especially by American standards. Be prepared to shell out a bit of cash to the American consulate in Surabaya or Jakarta to "prove" you are eligible to marry. It isn't an American requirement, but an Indonesian one (IF you choose to get married in Indonesia).

By the way, I also wanted my then-fiancee/now-wife to visit the US and meet my family before moving here. Didn't happen due to her family. Made it a much bigger risk on our part, but it turned out perfectly fine (knock on wood).

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hey guys and gals, appreciate the help so far.

From what I'm understanding sponsorship isn't required, and showing ties to me may actually hurt her chances of visiting me. Same time I'm assuming the embassy is going to ask why she's visiting. I live in Nebraska, and to those that arent familiar with the state, no one comes here for tourism, especially in the winter.

Marriage has been discussed, main ceremony will be in Indonesia. I also don't want her moving here without at least visiting first.

So far it sounds like the odds are against us. She has a good job (putting both sisters through college, travel, benefits etc). What do you guys think our chances are? Would proving I've visited her benefit us?

Dear vhistaandanthony,

I was granted a B2 visa by the embassy with no issue. When I received my K1 visa, they canceled my B2 visa (canceled without prejudice so it says).

I interviewed in Jakarta for both instances.

Vhista needs to qualify based on her own merits, that being said she can go ahead and try.

The only thing they can do is say no.

It will not affect your future petition, either K1 or CR-1. Vhista can message me for deets!

best wishes

blooms

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.