e&e4ever

K1 Medical Exam completed in Surrey BC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to quickly share my medical exam experience while it was fresh in my mind. First of all, I tried to make my transportation & accomodation

YVR to Surrey - limo service $120 flat rate, cab is probably close to the same but it's metered & depending on traffic can vary. The limo service can use the bus lanes so are able to avoid major traffic. It's about a 35km to The Best Western on King George Blvd in Surrey. There is a Robins Donuts, convenience stores, Subway, very good Thai restaurant, family style American food restaurant & a Lighthouse Fresh and Tasty. The hotel is close to Dr Cheema's office ($15 taxi ride). My appointment was at 9am, so I called the taxi shortly after 8, about a 10 minute ride, no worries about traffic, I got dropped off at Tim's for a coffee & a bagel at 8:25, at 8:45 I walked the short 2 blocks to Dr Cheema's, arrived at 8:50. I was the only person there, have your passport, picture Id, appointment confirmation letter that was emailed to you when you booked your interview online, the letter from the Chief, Consular Section - this is the letter that you get with packet 4 & tells you to schedule an interview, your vaccination records, they will take copies & give back yours, pay $280 medical fee, you will be asked to review a form that contains your contact info,case#, passport#, current address, address in the U.S., check these closely for clerical errors. Maybe 2 minutes later they called me to come in, they will take your height & weight and then show you into an exam room. About 2 minutes after that Dr Cheema came in, he makes you feel at ease right away & so does his staff, so don't stress, this really a piece of cake to get through and not stressful at all. He will quickly go through the panel physician checklist, ask you about any meds you may take & for what, if you have a medical history of any items on the checklist, more info can be found here: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/technical-instructions/panel-physicians/medical-history-physical-exam.html#report

He will chat with you a little bit then do your vitals BP, lungs, heart, ears, temp, checks your abdomen & eye test, wear your contacts or glasses to the appointment. You get a requisition for a chest X-ray & one for a blood test at the front desk & that's it for Dr Cheema, off to the lab you go! Another taxi ride to the lab $9 - the x rays are done on the first floor & the blood work on the 2nd floor. Again I may have waited 5 minutes to get the X-ray - if you have mid - long hair they asked it be put up high in you head, they have elastics if you need one, just ask. Also remove any necklace or jewelry from your neck, they want a clear shot. Up to the 2nd floor to the lab, take a number from the dispenser that is on your immediate right when you walk in the lab door, wait for your number to be called, and they will want picture id, you will be told to go around the corner to your left & take chair & someone will be there shortly, there is a long row of chairs where they draw blood, pick one and they will come to you. I only had to have 1 vial drawn, it may be different for others. It's now 10:11am & I'm back on the 1st floor waiting for another taxi back to the hotel $13. Time to sit back and enjoy the rest of this rainy day & catch up on some zzzz's after so many days of stressing if I have everything that is required for the medical. I had any medical records that I could get my hands on, about 10 years worth, and even though Dr Cheema did not require them, all the info is gathered for AOS medical.

My fiancé flys in tomorrow for the interview on Tuesday, so we will enjoy a mini vacay in downtown Van, a few blocks from the consulate & destress until Monday night, when once again I won't get any sleep. I will try & post our experience at the consulate asap, but you know, my fiancé will be here...;)))

11/27/17 - Recieved notice from DHS to file I-751

12/14/17 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

12/18/17 - Received by CSC

12/20/17 - Check cashed 
12/22/17 - Recieved NOA

12/18/17 - NOA issue date

Timeline

Just wanted to quickly share my medical exam experience while it was fresh in my mind. First of all, I tried to make my transportation & accomodation

YVR to Surrey - limo service $120 flat rate, cab is probably close to the same but it's metered & depending on traffic can vary. The limo service can use the bus lanes so are able to avoid major traffic. It's about a 35km to The Best Western on King George Blvd in Surrey. There is a Robins Donuts, convenience stores, Subway, very good Thai restaurant, family style American food restaurant & a Lighthouse Fresh and Tasty. The hotel is close to Dr Cheema's office ($15 taxi ride). My appointment was at 9am, so I called the taxi shortly after 8, about a 10 minute ride, no worries about traffic, I got dropped off at Tim's for a coffee & a bagel at 8:25, at 8:45 I walked the short 2 blocks to Dr Cheema's, arrived at 8:50. I was the only person there, have your passport, picture Id, appointment confirmation letter that was emailed to you when you booked your interview online, the letter from the Chief, Consular Section - this is the letter that you get with packet 4 & tells you to schedule an interview, your vaccination records, they will take copies & give back yours, pay $280 medical fee, you will be asked to review a form that contains your contact info,case#, passport#, current address, address in the U.S., check these closely for clerical errors. Maybe 2 minutes later they called me to come in, they will take your height & weight and then show you into an exam room. About 2 minutes after that Dr Cheema came in, he makes you feel at ease right away & so does his staff, so don't stress, this really a piece of cake to get through and not stressful at all. He will quickly go through the panel physician checklist, ask you about any meds you may take & for what, if you have a medical history of any items on the checklist, more info can be found here: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/technical-instructions/panel-physicians/medical-history-physical-exam.html#report

He will chat with you a little bit then do your vitals BP, lungs, heart, ears, temp, checks your abdomen & eye test, wear your contacts or glasses to the appointment. You get a requisition for a chest X-ray & one for a blood test at the front desk & that's it for Dr Cheema, off to the lab you go! Another taxi ride to the lab $9 - the x rays are done on the first floor & the blood work on the 2nd floor. Again I may have waited 5 minutes to get the X-ray - if you have mid - long hair they asked it be put up high in you head, they have elastics if you need one, just ask. Also remove any necklace or jewelry from your neck, they want a clear shot. Up to the 2nd floor to the lab, take a number from the dispenser that is on your immediate right when you walk in the lab door, wait for your number to be called, and they will want picture id, you will be told to go around the corner to your left & take chair & someone will be there shortly, there is a long row of chairs where they draw blood, pick one and they will come to you. I only had to have 1 vial drawn, it may be different for others. It's now 10:11am & I'm back on the 1st floor waiting for another taxi back to the hotel $13. Time to sit back and enjoy the rest of this rainy day & catch up on some zzzz's after so many days of stressing if I have everything that is required for the medical. I had any medical records that I could get my hands on, about 10 years worth, and even though Dr Cheema did not require them, all the info is gathered for AOS medical.

My fiancé flys in tomorrow for the interview on Tuesday, so we will enjoy a mini vacay in downtown Van, a few blocks from the consulate & destress until Monday night, when once again I won't get any sleep. I will try & post our experience at the consulate asap, but you know, my fiancé will be here...;)))

12/20/17 - Check cashed 
12/22/17 - Recieved NOA

Timeline

Sorry I hit post? before I finished off the first paragraph that should have read:

Just wanted to quickly share my medical exam experience while it was fresh in my mind. First of all, I tried to make this as stress free as possible cause I'm a worrier ? so the choices I made for accommodations & transportation are what worked for me, I never once stressed that I would be late or miss my appointment?

12/20/17 - Check cashed 
12/22/17 - Recieved NOA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Canada Regional Forum~

~Commentary is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What kind of eye exam do they do? read the chart from a distance ?

Sorry I hit post? before I finished off the first paragraph that should have read:

Just wanted to quickly share my medical exam experience while it was fresh in my mind. First of all, I tried to make this as stress free as possible cause I'm a worrier ? so the choices I made for accommodations & transportation are what worked for me, I never once stressed that I would be late or miss my appointment?

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage (if applicable): 2014/10/04

I-130 Sent : 2014-11-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-12

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-26

NVC Received : 2015-04-14

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Send AOS Package : 2015-05-15

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-23

Receive IV Bill : 2015-05-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-06-10

Send IV Package : 2015-05-15

Completed DS-260: 2015-06-11

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :2015-08-27

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-15

Interview Date : September 24, 2015

Interview Result : Administrative Processing

Visa Received : October 15, 2015

US Entry : November 11, 2015

Timeline

Yes, just an eye chart wearing your glasses or contacts

12/20/17 - Check cashed 
12/22/17 - Recieved NOA

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.