Jen VB

Dominican Republic members with recent visa approvals/I need some help

7 posts in this topic

Hello All, I have a few questions im hoping to get help with. Im so confused at this point and things are even harder due to the fact that my Fiance is employed in the Bahamas and has to fly "home" for all of this. Needless to say we want to be sure our ducks are in a row since we are both flying there for the interview.

Is the OFC appointment the same as what I see referred to as the VAC appointment?

How do you schedule your medical appointment? I went to the 2 medical places online to choose from and it is all in Spanish and my fiance does not have a computer to translate it for me..

When should I expect the Packet 4 in the mail? and will he get one too? (I just saw someone say there is no packet 4 from DR anymore??)

Also can you recommend a hotel close to the interview site to stay in?

I already paid the fee to schedule the interview at the Banco Popular. What money does he need to take to the OFC appointment and what money to the medical appointment? Are there any additional fees the day of the interview?

What kind of questions were you aske in the interview?

Does anyone have a complete list of all the items needed fpr these 3 appointments? Everyone I read is different.

Sorry so many questions but I dont want to miss anything or make any mistakes. Thank you for your time.

Jennifer

Hey..I assume you have your NVC's letter with a case number and that the case is being sent to the US Embassy/consulate in Santo Domingo..right? .....check this link from the US embassy in Santo Domingo http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-required_documents.html ...it explains all, even what is in the packet iv. You may get this packet in the mail, but if this is meant to be sent to your fiance, it would be at his address in the DR. The packet iv was or is a list of the documents that your fiance needs to present the day of the interview and the interview letter as well. But with the new process, I am not sure if they are still sending the packet, a friend of mine did not get it and her interview was last march or april. You need to send your fiance affidavit of support, it will be needed the day of the interview.. (I see they are requesting the I-864 form instead of the I-134 form)

The medical is a walking in basis, your fiance should be there before 11am. If your fiance is between 19-64 year old, then the fee is about US$289.00 according to the Consultorios de Visa's website; it includes the consult, vaccines, x rays and blood work.

There is a hotel at walking distance from the new location of the embassy, Micro Hotel Santo Domingo. Address: Av. República de Colombia 10, Santo Domingo 10605, Dominican Republic Phone:+1 809-368-1100

Not that I recommend this hotel, but it is the closest.

The link that I gave you, check where is says "K Fiance applicants...new steps..appoitments VAC and Embassy"..it has instructions as well fees. Your fiance has to create a profile in the usatraveldocs website. Remember, both appointments are scheduled at the same time (but different dates), so your fiance should be ready with his documents, aka birth certificate in extensa, certificado de buena conducta from la procuradoria, etc. because he can either have an appointment right away or wait a couple of weeks, depending on the availability.

The questions would be different according the case, but the main questions are how did you meet, if visited each other how many times, met each other's family, future plans, etc. check the visajourney's consulate's reviews where you can read some of the interview experiences from VJs users.

And Jennifer...breath in ..breath out..you both are almost there.... good luck :)

10/08/2014 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

10/16/2014 - NOAs:

11/18/2014 - Bio. Appointment

11/25/2014 - AOS Update (Ready for Interview)

12/30/2014 - EAD Approved (Card in production)

12/30/2014 - AP Approved

01/06/2015 - EAD/AP Card Mailed

01/07/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

01/14/2015 - AOS Update (Interview scheduled)

02/18/2015 - AOS Interview (Approved!)

02/18/2015 - AOS Updated (Card is being produced)

02/19/2015 - Welcome Notice Mailed

02/24/2015 - Welcome Notice Received

02/24/2015 - Card mailed

02/27/2015 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

12/27/2016 - ROC filed (California Service Center)

12/28/2016 - NOA

01/08/2017 - Bio. Appointment Notice received

01/25/2017 - Bio. Appointment done.

12/12/2017 - I-551 Stamp on passport

06/12/2017 - "Approval Notice" DHS website (notice mailed)

06/12/2018 - Card in production

06/16/2018 - Approval Notice/Notice of Action received in the mail.

06/19/2018 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Hey..I assume you have your NVC's letter with a case number and that the case is being sent to the US Embassy/consulate in Santo Domingo..right? .....check this link from the US embassy in Santo Domingo http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-required_documents.html ...it explains all, even what is in the packet iv. You may get this packet in the mail, but if this is meant to be sent to your fiance, it would be at his address in the DR. The packet iv was or is a list of the documents that your fiance needs to present the day of the interview and the interview letter as well. But with the new process, I am not sure if they are still sending the packet, a friend of mine did not get it and her interview was last march or april. You need to send your fiance affidavit of support, it will be needed the day of the interview.. (I see they are requesting the I-864 form instead of the I-134 form)

The medical is a walking in basis, your fiance should be there before 11am. If your fiance is between 19-64 year old, then the fee is about US$289.00 according to the Consultorios de Visa's website; it includes the consult, vaccines, x rays and blood work.

There is a hotel at walking distance from the new location of the embassy, Micro Hotel Santo Domingo. Address: Av. República de Colombia 10, Santo Domingo 10605, Dominican Republic Phone:+1 809-368-1100

Not that I recommend this hotel, but it is the closest.

The link that I gave you, check where is says "K Fiance applicants...new steps..appoitments VAC and Embassy"..it has instructions as well fees. Your fiance has to create a profile in the usatraveldocs website. Remember, both appointments are scheduled at the same time (but different dates), so your fiance should be ready with his documents, aka birth certificate in extensa, certificado de buena conducta from la procuradoria, etc. because he can either have an appointment right away or wait a couple of weeks, depending on the availability.

The questions would be different according the case, but the main questions are how did you meet, if visited each other how many times, met each other's family, future plans, etc. check the visajourney's consulate's reviews where you can read some of the interview experiences from VJs users.

And Jennifer...breath in ..breath out..you both are almost there.... good luck :)

Yes, we have scheduled his VAC ( the paper calls it a OFC appt for some reason) and our interview both in September. Hes flying home the end of August and i wanted to be sure he had his Medical done in enough time before the interview. How many weeks before the interview should he do the medical to be safe? Is there a hotel by chance that you would recommend?? Thanks for your help, I cant wait for this part to be over :)

At the caribean foeum there are a lot of informations, you can read the recent post about the new process.

For fiance visa consulate doesnt send packet 4 anymore.

Thank you for the info, im going to it read now. I appreciate the help :)

OFC = Offsite Facilitation Center which is the VAC.

October 2011 - Met Online :D
November 2011 - First trip to Dominican Republic :dancing:

Jan 25 2014 - Married in Dominican Republic

May 14, 2014 - I-130 sent Phoenix Lockbox

May 16, 2014 - PD from USCIS Website

May 21, 2014 - NOA-1 hard copy received, Nebraska Service Center

Oct 17, 2014 - RFE notification by txt.

Oct 25, 2014 - RFE hard copy received

Oct 27, 2014 - RFE response sent

Oct 28, 2014 - RFE response received and signed for NSC

Nov 04, 2014 - NOA 2 received by txt message

Nov 21, 2014 - NVC received

Apr 06, 2015 - Checklist received from NVC by email

Apr 07, 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

Apr 08, 2015 - Checklist response received and scanned at NVC

May 01, 2015 - Case Complete :dancing:

May 13, 2015 - Received interview letter

June 10, 2015 - CR-1 Approved :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.