chillin4me

Proof of Ongoing Relationship/Proof of having met in person

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent just 6 pics, passport stamps, boarding passes, and a simple explanation of us meeting with my petition. She brought just a few pics that weren't included in the petition and a few other things.....she wasn't asked for anything except her passport pics, NBI, Birth Cert, and Malaysian Clearance from when she lived there..just the required things. For Manila as others have said if you want to bring just a few snippets of chats to the interview cool, but really uneccessary to overload yourself and completely uneeded for the petition.

Timeline

When we did the our interview the person in front of us for fingerprints, their I-129 was 6 inches thick. Man I just chuckled.

that's a lot, it's already tiring putting together some of the paperworks how much more 6inches of those..

They have people at the embassy that can speak a majority of the languages of the Philippines. What dialect or language is it?

It is Bisaya.

The CO won't read through your chat logs. They ain't got time for that! In reality, your embassy is in Manila. I think your approval rating is pretty high.

We printed a few screen prints that showed the number quantity of the chats. If you go to the full site (laptop or desktop), then pull up all your messages and getting your fiance's messages on the main page, you can scroll up, and the page will stop. There will be a message on top saying how many more messages there are to load. Taking a screen print of that shows direct evidence of you two and shows the date and your time for the messages you two sent at that time. For us, that showed that as of March 18th, we had 38,000 messages, May 20th with 50,000 messages and May 30th with 53,000 messages (all numbers estimates because I can't remember the actual numbers).

Then the CO can see proof of the quantity of messages you send - ongoing relationship. Quick and fast for them. My fiance also took about 20 or so screen shots of some of our lovey-dovie messages too (without quantity, but still had date stamps).

that is a good idea, I will definitely try that.

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

I sent just 6 pics, passport stamps, boarding passes, and a simple explanation of us meeting with my petition. She brought just a few pics that weren't included in the petition and a few other things.....she wasn't asked for anything except her passport pics, NBI, Birth Cert, and Malaysian Clearance from when she lived there..just the required things. For Manila as others have said if you want to bring just a few snippets of chats to the interview cool, but really uneccessary to overload yourself and completely uneeded for the petition.

thank you, that's a relief. It seems that even just starting this process is already overwhelming.

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I am putting together my I-129F for my fiance, and here are my evidences of ongoing relationship/having met in person:

1. Passport

2. Passport stamps

3. Boarding passes of airplanes and boats together

4. Hotel receipts

5. Pictures together and with family/friends

6. Skype video call logs

7. Facebook chat logs

8. Screenshot of skype/ym/facebook video calls

my question is about my facebook chat logs, me and my fiance are both born Filipino, so we both talk to each other in our Filipino dialect. And I am planning to include our chat logs for our evidence. So do I need to have it translated to English? And does that person need to be a certified translator? and where can we find one?

Can we not include the facebook chat logs then if we can't have it translated and if we cannot use that if it is in our dialect? Can the other above mentioned evidence enough?

You don't need chat logs and all that ongoing relationship evidence until after the petition is approved. For the I-129F petition you only need evidence of having met IN PERSON within the past 2 years.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

You don't need chat logs and all that ongoing relationship evidence until after the petition is approved. For the I-129F petition you only need evidence of having met IN PERSON within the past 2 years.

thanks Hank, I should probably send it to him so he can bring it in time of interview, other than sending it with my packet to USCIS

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

I know how overwhelming and nerve wrecking is the visa process, been there done that. I faithfully understand the feelings of these newbies that just started the journey, I myself had been on the same shoes when we just started. It was sure a long and tedious process for everyone who wants to be united with their loved ones, but as long as the relationship is genuine with all the proofs/evidences are visible and the petitioner can support the beneficiary the approval rate is high. Like as almost everybody said( based on experience of course), you don't have to bring a house load of proofs to the interview.

We just be grateful that Visajourney is here for everyone, just listen and follow most of the advices and surely you are on the right path. GOOD LUCK to everyone!

Timeline

I know how overwhelming and nerve wrecking is the visa process, been there done that. I faithfully understand the feelings of these newbies that just started the journey, I myself had been on the same shoes when we just started. It was sure a long and tedious process for everyone who wants to be united with their loved ones, but as long as the relationship is genuine with all the proofs/evidences are visible and the petitioner can support the beneficiary the approval rate is high. Like as almost everybody said( based on experience of course), you don't have to bring a house load of proofs to the interview.

We just be grateful that Visajourney is here for everyone, just listen and follow most of the advices and surely you are on the right path. GOOD LUCK to everyone!

Thank you, this process surely is overwhelming. I thought at first i only have to fill up a form and send it..

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

thank you, that's a relief. It seems that even just starting this process is already overwhelming.

Yes, it is a process that can feel overwhelming. Take it one step at a time and don't get upset or "read anything into" the long time delays each step of the way. The K-1 visa process takes a long time (9 months for us). Don't think that "something is wrong" when there is no word after 7 months. We sent the following for evidence and had no problem at all. We file for ROC next month!

Payment in the amount of $340.00

A—Form G-1145

B—I-129F Cover Letter

C—Form I-129F

D—G-325A (Petitioner)

E—Petitioner’s Birth Certificate (Front and Back)

F—Passport style photo (Petitioner)

G—G-325A (Beneficiary)

H—Passport style photo (Beneficiary)

I—I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

J—Record of over 7,000 emails with sample correspondences

K—Passport copies showing entrance to Philippines and Oct. 2012 Boarding

Pass to Manila from Honolulu

L—Photos of my fiancée and I together in the Philippines in June, 2012

M—Evidence of in-person meeting with my fiancée in June 2012 including:

Boarding Passes, Airline Itineraries, Car Service, Hotel Receipts, Miscellaneous Receipts.

N—Photos of my fiancée and I together in the Philippines in June, 2012

O—Evidence of in-person meeting with my fiancée in June 2012 including:

Boarding Passes, Airline Itineraries, Car Service, Hotel Receipts, Miscellaneous Receipts.

P—Proposal plans with the hotel, Ring Receipt, Photos of the ring and my fiancée’s acceptance

Q—My letter to my fiancée’s parents asking them for permission to marry their daughter

R—My fiancée’s parents’ response to me in Tagalog and translated into English by my fiancée

S—Letters of Intent to Marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

There will be a lot to do when your petition is approved. Review Hank and Greenbaum's guides for Manila. They are both awesome resources. Best of luck to you!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Timeline

Yes, it is a process that can feel overwhelming. Take it one step at a time and don't get upset or "read anything into" the long time delays each step of the way. The K-1 visa process takes a long time (9 months for us). Don't think that "something is wrong" when there is no word after 7 months. We sent the following for evidence and had no problem at all. We file for ROC next month!

Payment in the amount of $340.00

A—Form G-1145

B—I-129F Cover Letter

C—Form I-129F

D—G-325A (Petitioner)

E—Petitioner’s Birth Certificate (Front and Back)

F—Passport style photo (Petitioner)

G—G-325A (Beneficiary)

H—Passport style photo (Beneficiary)

I—I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

J—Record of over 7,000 emails with sample correspondences

K—Passport copies showing entrance to Philippines and Oct. 2012 Boarding

Pass to Manila from Honolulu

L—Photos of my fiancée and I together in the Philippines in June, 2012

M—Evidence of in-person meeting with my fiancée in June 2012 including:

N—Photos of my fiancée and I together in the Philippines in June, 2012

O—Evidence of in-person meeting with my fiancée in June 2012 including:

P—Proposal plans with the hotel, Ring Receipt, Photos of the ring and my fiancée’s acceptance

Q—My letter to my fiancée’s parents asking them for permission to marry their daughter

R—My fiancée’s parents’ response to me in Tagalog and translated into English by my fiancée

S—Letters of Intent to Marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

There will be a lot to do when your petition is approved. Review Hank and Greenbaum's guides for Manila. They are both awesome resources. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am now finalizing everything to have it sent by the end of this week. Congratulation on your journey. your wife is almost over with dealing with uscis.

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am now finalizing everything to have it sent by the end of this week. Congratulation on your journey. your wife is almost over with dealing with uscis.

Thank you...one more step then citizenship if Joan chooses! You two will be there soon! Be patient and say strong together. Good luck!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.