MARY1981

US EMBASSY IN ARMENIA

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

how would anyone know how poorly (or otherwise) trained the embassy staff is in Armenia? Has anyone actually worked there?

There may well be a lot of different reasons for delays, not the least of which is workloads that may have been given to them due to the problems in surrounding countries...

there are a limited number of consular employees for an incredible number of applications, and generally it's first come, first serve...if you want your case put at the head of the line, what might you tell those who were ahead of you why you should now be ahead of them? Not everyone can be at the front of the line.

Edited by HFM181818

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

@HFM181818, well I know for a few reasons. One of which is I know an American staff member working there, who says they're not that busy. Two, it's evident form the report I cited in my previous post. One of the recommendations in the report is they need better training, and that they waste time doing things they shouldn't, such as preinterview screening. As for should I be in the front of the line, ABSOLUTELY! As a tax paying U.S. Citizen, my wife, the mother of 2 U.S. Citizens, should get priority over TOURISTS! This process should have taken 6-months, and it's now been a year and 10 months.

@MARY1981, lets hope there will be no additional waiting for you. Nobody should have to wait this long after the interview.

Filed: Timeline

Actually, the foreign born spouse is the one being interviewed, not an American citizen, so head of line privileges don't extend in the direction you believe....and, consular application fees pay for the staff and running of the consular section, NOT taxpayer dollars...so, one's status as an American taxpayer doesn't matter.

Timeline

Actually, the foreign born spouse is the one being interviewed, not an American citizen, so head of line privileges don't extend in the direction you believe....and, consular application fees pay for the staff and running of the consular section, NOT taxpayer dollars...so, one's status as an American taxpayer doesn't matter.

Really, Mr. Know-it-all? That's funny because I paid my fees to USCIS and the NVC, not the embassy, who has a $42-million annual budget made up of tax-payer money. But I'm not going to argue with you, because you apparently know it all, despite seemingly not having a case of your own in progress. Troll!

Timeline

Ok please stop arguing .Who cares about their budgets. LETS JUST PRAY WE ALL GET OUR VISAS SOON AND go home

I totally agree! I just want to go home... The embassy told me that my boys and I are free to leave, but we're really not when my wife and their mother can't go with us. I was kinda offended by that as it seemed like an unethical presumption (to leave without her).

Edited by rick702

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I am a US citizen and my fiance is from Armenia.Our petition is for a k1 fiance visa. I have been waiting for a date now for a good 4 weeks! I have my visa application submitted and I have payed for the visa application. We have time sensitive papers that my fiance has that he needs to have at time of interview. We have been told over the phone and through emails that we have to wait.My fiance had even made a trip to the embassy twice to find out what the problem is. Its not fair that they have blocked alllll dates for me or my fiance to pick and schedule our interview date. Why would they send us and interview invitation if they don't have dates available and have blocked it off from us getting a date.

POE------2/18/2016

Marriage----4/20/2016 (L)

AOS/EAD/AP

5/23/2016------Sent out package through USPS

5/27/16 (Day 1)----received at Chicago and signed for

6/03/16 (Day 6)----check cashed

6/05/16 (Day 8)---- Received e-notification from USCIS "Acceptance Confirmation"

6/09/16 (Day 12)----Received I-797 notification for all three applications.

6/14/16 (Day 17)---- received I-797 for Biometrics appointment. for 7/1/16

6/24/16 (Day 27)----walked in for biometrics before 7/1/16.

8/19/16 (Day 85)----Received update text, Interview is scheduled for September 21,2016

8/19/16 (Day 85)----Received update text, EAD Approved and card is being processed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.