passion-fruit

How did this happen!??!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

Long story short

- After I paid AOS fee I mailed both AOS/IV docs on May 21

- June 18 I got a checklist for DS260 (the website was having technicle issues thats why I couldn't submit it)

- Finally able to submit DS260 on July 2

- After two weeks I'v been calling NVC for any update almost everyday on CC, all they say is to wait

AND JUST TODAY when I called they said they're missing a copy of my dad's passport! meanwhile I did send it! and I was told to send it again (just that one bio page)

How come I only got a checklist for DS260 back then.. this whole thing doesnt make any sense.

Cant believe this is happening to me .. I'm so fade up with NVC

Has any one experienced the same?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Long story short

- June 18 I got a checklist for DS260 (the website was having technicle issues thats why I couldn't submit it)

- After two weeks I'v been calling NVC for any update almost everyday on CC, all they say is to wait

AND JUST TODAY when I called they said they're missing a copy of my dad's passport! meanwhile I did send it! and I was told to send it again (just that one bio page)

How come I only got a checklist for DS260 back then.. this whole thing doesnt make any sense.

Wow just woooow , i have a friend here who got a second check list ( police cert ) , she was told that the only check list she has is ds 260 but after waiting 15 days , she got the second one. i can not believe what NVC doing to us .

gooood luck

2) just wait and send it , better to be safe than sorry

good luck

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Timeline

Wow just woooow , i have a friend here who got a second check list ( police cert ) , she was told that the only check list she has is ds 260 but after waiting 15 days , she got the second one. i can not believe what NVC doing to us .

gooood luck

2) just wait and send it , better to be safe than sorry

good luck

yeah I think I better wait.. really pissed off at this point cant believe its for something I already sent. I made a copy of allllllll documents I sent thats why im so sure I sent it. I even wrote a case number on EVERY PAGE and they still lost it!

Timeline

yeah I think I better wait.. really pissed off at this point cant believe its for something I already sent. I made a copy of allllllll documents I sent thats why im so sure I sent it. I even wrote a case number on EVERY PAGE and they still lost it!

i personally call every day to ask the same question , if im missing anything else than the ds-260 , they even told me that i have been calling every day and i told them you have been telling the same answer ( wait ) lol , the agent was silent for a sec and told me you can call whenever you want '

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Timeline

i personally call every day to ask the same question , if im missing anything else than the ds-260 , they even told me that i have been calling every day and i told them you have been telling the same answer ( wait ) lol , the agent was silent for a sec and told me you can call whenever you want '

I called 3 times today cuz i was so freaked out!

- first rep told me they're missing a copy of my dads passport and told me to send it again even without cover sheet.. I dunno if I should believe her..

- called again, second rep told me I have to send it with doc cover sheet and no need to wait for email

I felt weird doing so cuz I've seen checklist cover sheet before (since I got checklist for DS260 back in June) it looks different than the one you can print out from ceac website. But again I dunno if they are actually the same thing im no expert lol

- third rep told me to wait for email. He even said he could see that the IV package I sent hasnt been opened yet.. I was like uhhh ok.. and now im really confused if it hasnt been opened then why would other reps tell me a copy of passport is missing ????

Anyways, he said hes gonna have a supervisor look into it and that I just have to wait for an email from them.

I really hope this nightmare will be over soon!! :(

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called 3 times today cuz i was so freaked out!

- first rep told me they're missing a copy of my dads passport and told me to send it again even without cover sheet.. I dunno if I should believe her..

- called again, second rep told me I have to send it with doc cover sheet and no need to wait for email

I felt weird doing so cuz I've seen checklist cover sheet before (since I got checklist for DS260 back in June) it looks different than the one you can print out from ceac website. But again I dunno if they are actually the same thing im no expert lol

- third rep told me to wait for email. He even said he could see that the IV package I sent hasnt been opened yet.. I was like uhhh ok.. and now im really confused if it hasnt been opened then why would other reps tell me a copy of passport is missing ????

Anyways, he said hes gonna have a supervisor look into it and that I just have to wait for an email from them.

I really hope this nightmare will be over soon!! :(

I'm not sure if they even know what is going on... I called to make sure that they received all the documents and was told that they lost the whole packet and I needed to resend... I called again the next day and was told not to worry... The paperwork was there.... It's hard and frustrating only because the people that are supposed to know what is going on have no clue! It's now a waiting game...

Timeline

I'm not sure if they even know what is going on... I called to make sure that they received all the documents and was told that they lost the whole packet and I needed to resend... I called again the next day and was told not to worry... The paperwork was there.... It's hard and frustrating only because the people that are supposed to know what is going on have no clue! It's now a waiting game...

As I'm waiting I feel like crying all the time. I really hope its there and they finally find it. I have no time to wait another 30days..

Its been a bad experience at NVC for me so far... I get 2 checklists for things thats not even my fault.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My frend pls go asoon as possible and send what they request for u.it happen to me too,15 to 20 days u shld ricive ur cc after sending erquire document

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

As I'm waiting I feel like crying all the time. I really hope its there and they finally find it. I have no time to wait another 30days..

Its been a bad experience at NVC for me so far... I get 2 checklists for things thats not even my fault.

We got 2 checklists because my wife put "N/A" in the area of her income instead of "0".... That little mistake cost us another 30 days... We are still sweating the DS-260 and documents... If there's another checklist with this than there's another 30 to 45 day wait... Not much else to do but wait and pray..... Eventually this will be over and just a bad memory... Happiness does come... Hang in there

Oh poor babe :(

this is absolutely insane and unbelievable!

I think you should call and ask again and see what their answers are.

And if they still say your doc. is missing, you should really mail it (speedpost) even its their fault.

what a nightmare...

But hang in there, it shall end soon!

Long story short

Timeline

thanks guys for all of your advice.

I'm going to call again to see whats going on. My case has been with NVC since April :( and will almost be a year already since I submitted I-130 in Sept.

Timeline

I have a friend from here interviewed last year in June

and embassay said they needed copy of her taxes, he took it and they lost it

and now they say case sent back to NVC and NVC says case is in embassy and this is going on for over a year

both saying email the other

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

thanks for all your help guys :) I finally got a CC on Aug 14 BUT only my mother's case. Still waiting for them to review the copy of fathers passport I resent on Aug 6.

And no idea how much longer to wait for interview date :/

Going to Thailand soon and a little scared after the bombing in bkk..

RIP to those innocent people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I was on the same boat.

First i was told checklist for DS260 only.

I called back few days later and was told missing my wife passport data page only.

So 30days waiting again.

Now finaly i got case completed.

USCIS

6/3/2014 - I-130 Sent   6/10/2014 - Received NOA1   7/10/2014 - Received NOA2    11/10/2014 - Called USCIS for status

12/10/2014 - Result back with case pending due to Security Check    1/10/2015 - Called USCIS for status

2/10/2015 - Result back with case pending adjudication further review

3/31/2015 - Case approved by USCIS and forwarded to NVC

NVC

4/10/215 - NVC assigned with receipt case #    4/28/2015 - Completed DS261 Choice of Agent online

5/4/2015 - Called NVC to complete review DS261 by phone  

6/4/2015 - Sent both AOS and IV packages to NVC    6/8/2015 - Received IV fee notice     6/9/2015 - Paid IV fee

6/24/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page      6/28/2015 - Mailed in checklist request

7/6/2015 - Completed IV application (DS260) online

7/8/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page again and DS260 because NVC lost the package

7/10/2015 - Mailed in checklist request again       8/10/2015 - Case completed on phone with NVC

8/17/2015 - Received email confirmation for case completed

EMBASSY

8/26/2016 - Scheduled interview      8/27/2015 - Received P4 letter thru email     9/14/2014 - Medical Exam Done

9/16/2015 - Interview date- Passed but waiting for Medical exam Results

9/24/2015 - Medical exam results sent to US Embassy

9/29/2015 - CEAC visa status show " Issued "     10/1/2015 - Visa in hand      10/12/2015 - POE Los Angeles, California

LIFTING CONDITION

7/13/2017 - Sent in ROC application      7/17/2017 - Received NOA

7/21/2017 - Received Appointment notice for Biometrics     8/7/2017   - Biometrics taken

3/5/2018   - Case moved to local office          9/18/2018 - Case tranferred to Nebraska Service Center 

12/19/2018 - Case approved, Card being produced         12/20/2018 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.