HungNhi

Interview Tomorrow! Final questions regarding a few documents.

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

First of all, congrats to both of you. Chuc hai ban hanh phuc

It is always good to hear that another couple pass their interview. Your story reminds me of when I was in the US Visa interview years ago. It was really stressful to wait when I saw so many blue slips before my turn

Ok, I have a question for you:

1. Did you hire a lawyer to prep your application or you did it yourself? If you hired a lawyer/service, how much did you pay?

2. How many time have you met your fiancee before your interview date?

Anybody's answers are welcome. Please join in the disucssion.

Thank all

@thinhnguyen: Maybe it is better to start a new thread with your questions so that future VJers can search without having to read through a long thread.

One of my friends paid $700 for Dich Vu to prepare his IR1/CR1 paperwork. I saw an ad in a VN magazine this past weekend that advertised $1,250 to file a K1 Visa (application fees inclusive).

I met my then-fiancee only once before filing for K1 but I accompanied her to the interview. We had our engagement party a week after we met for the first time (we, of course, had talked and planned for the engagement ahead of time). As long as your relationship is genuine (and not fake) and have plenty of proof then I think you will be fine.

@thinhnguyen: Maybe it is better to start a new thread with your questions so that future VJers can search without having to read through a long thread.

One of my friends paid $700 for Dich Vu to prepare his IR1/CR1 paperwork. I saw an ad in a VN magazine this past weekend that advertised $1,250 to file a K1 Visa (application fees inclusive).

I met my then-fiancee only once before filing for K1 but I accompanied her to the interview. We had our engagement party a week after we met for the first time (we, of course, had talked and planned for the engagement ahead of time). As long as your relationship is genuine (and not fake) and have plenty of proof then I think you will be fine.

@frontgear: Thanks for your response

- I did create a new thread :)

- So frontgear, you did not hire an immigration lawyer and did all the paperwork by yourself? Good job man. My girl is so scared of this process so she insists me of hiring one. I don't see a reasonable cause since our case is straightforward.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Most VJ members here do themselves..I did myself all documents..and have a lot of help in here and everything go straight...I met my wife on last january ..April got Dam Hoi ...6 months later going back see her again and then back on June 2015 attend interview with the wife and going home together...So it's up to you ..And all members here very helpful..

Edited by Klipsch17310

So frontgear, you did not hire an immigration lawyer and did all the paperwork by yourself? Good job man. My girl is so scared of this process so she insists me of hiring one. I don't see a reasonable cause since our case is straightforward.

I did everything myself and guided my wife to get the required documents for her interview. There is actually no need to hire Dich Vu and be coerced into paying for their service when you can do it yourself. There are a few members here who have just been approved so they can help answer any questions you may have.

The only thing that she might need help with is the DS160 but you can help her fill it out online by yourself, or with her on the phone if you are not familiar with her bio info (dad's DOB, mom's DOB, residence, education, and employment history, etc.) Those are the questions that they ask on the DS160.

As far as Police Record #2 goes, do not apply for one until you are about 2 months away from the interview date, because it is only valid for 6 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.