K1Hopeful22

Tourist Visa Interview Today - Good Sign?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My boyfriend had his interview today for a tourist visa. Of course he did not mention me in the interview and he has family who are US citizens as a sponsor.

I always thought they would tell you the day of if you were approved or denied, but they didn't tell him anything today. They took his passport and said they would call him. Is it a good sign that they took his passport? If they were going to deny him would they have told him right there? Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline

Firstly there is no such thing as a sponsor for a tourist visa so not sure what you mean by the reference to the US citizen family members.

Secondly why didnt he just ask am I approved or denied at the end of the interview?

Thirdly it does look like a good sign that they took the passport but he will just have to wait now until they contact him to make sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

is he tracking things on the online status tracker thingie ?

as to 'sponsor' - geez. no way, and no how.

you two planning on getting married during the visit ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe it depends on the country you apply from, because you can sponsor someone on a tourist visa. We've done it a few times before for foreign family members who wanted only a tourist visa. It just shows extra proof of financial support for them once they arrive in the U.S.

He tried asking at the end of the interview, but the interviewer wouldn't give a definitive answer one way or another. Maybe they want to further review the paperwork? I'm not sure how their process works.

I'll have to ask him about tracking it online. Thanks for the suggestion!

And no, we are definitely not get married while he is here on this visa! I just want him to meet my family and experience life here for a month or two. Then we will decide which country we wish to start a life in and I will start the K1 process at that time. After he has returned to his home country of course.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Cool ! Greece is cheap at the moment, and for the next 8 months. Go Get Em, and GodSpeed !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

And no, we are definitely not get married while he is here on this visa! I just want him to meet my family and experience life here for a month or two. Then we will decide which country we wish to start a life in and I will start the K1 process at that time. After he has returned to his home country of course.

If you decide to not live together in the US then why bother with K1? Marry on B2 then go and live in the other country.

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband had an interview mid June... They took his passport and said they'd call him. We still haven't been contacted and we are meant to fly out next Sunday (2 August) every time we call them we are told just to wait - they'll contact us soon. They always say that we should "rest assured" so I guess that means it's a good sign they have kept the passport... But don't expect it back quickly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

they advise everyone DO NOT QUIT JOB OR BUY TICKET TILL VISA IS IN HAND

and all are experiencing these delays as systems are up and down (since June of 2014)

government computers were hacked and they are trying to protect our information / think about it / everything about you financial and private is now in the hands of immigration / god they know what toothpaste I use

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe it depends on the country you apply from, because you can sponsor someone on a tourist visa. We've done it a few times before for foreign family members who wanted only a tourist visa. It just shows extra proof of financial support for them once they arrive in the U.S.

If you are talking about sponsorship as in writing a letter saying you will cover their expenses, You can do it but it is a waste of time.

"If you do choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember that it is not one of the factors that we use in determining whether to issue or deny a nonimmigrant tourist visa"

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.